U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 07:23 AM

2,406 posts, read 6,962,573 times

Advertisements

To add to the pizza list:

Pannarano Pizzeria Napoletana
8830 N Himes Ave

Its in Carrollwood and excellent pizza! (try the Madonna
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2009, 09:41 PM

12 posts, read 20,258 times
Jazzy's BBQ in west Tampa (insanely good ribs)

Charley's Steakhouse On Cypress (best steak I've ever had in my life)

Chain Restaurants

Five Guys in various parts of the bay (in and out is overrated, five guys rocks)

Whataburger in Largo until it closed down a few months ago (/cry)

Fatburger in Clearwater until it closed down a few months ago (/cry)

Old 06-23-2010, 07:11 AM

4 posts, read 9,138 times
Default Breakfast Treat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuziSu View Post
Where do you love to eat when you are in Tampa?

I just moved here almost two years ago now and have only found a few so far. I'm kind of bummed because I am a huge food lover. Just want to see if I can get any ideas off of you guys.

So far I like:

*The Lime in New Tampa (great atmosphere, great staff, yummy yummy food!)

*Timpano in Tampa (great atmosphere, food is good... not AWESOME but I would definitely eat there again)

I really hate having to succumb to corporate restaurants but my roommate and I keep finding ourselves at Ruby tuesday and Mac Grill alot. I need some orginality here. HELP!
Independantly owned, East Lake Cafe in Palm Harbor, great eclectic choices, specials, some regular items, great atmosphere- seems to be a lot of regulars on Sunday- great neighborhood place -I believe they have a a second location in downTown Tampa Jackson Street Bistro

Old 06-23-2010, 07:30 AM

323 posts, read 578,417 times
Golden China in Gulfport is excellent IMO. Their crab rangoon is by far the best I've ever had, the General Tso's chicken is awesome, Mei Fun is very good. The only thing I haven't cared for is the Lo Mein, her specialty seems to be the Mei Fun instead. Everything is always made fresh to order, too, since it's not a buffet place. Every time I go in to pick up an order, she pulls the rangoons out of the basket and the 8 for our order are the only ones in the basket. The chicken dishes come made to order straight out of the wok after that. I loooove this place.

Old 06-23-2010, 03:11 PM

2,406 posts, read 6,962,573 times
Its probably on the list but I have to add Ceviches....love that place

I do think generally Tampa is lacking and isnt exactly a foodie city but there are some gems here and there if you look hard enough.

Old 06-23-2010, 06:42 PM

393 posts, read 1,354,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davachka View Post
Its probably on the list but I have to add Ceviches....love that place

I do think generally Tampa is lacking and isnt exactly a foodie city but there are some gems here and there if you look hard enough.
Agreed. There's a Ceviche in downtown St. Pete as well and it's a fun place to go for dinner and Sangria. It really bugs me though how people in this area love their big chains, ie, Chili's, Applebees. I went to a great little Vietnamese restaurant one Saturday night and it was practically empty. Chili's on the other hand was packed to the gills.

Old 06-30-2010, 03:03 PM

817 posts, read 1,919,276 times
There's plenty of good eating in the Bay area...the problem is, it's spread all around and you have to drive to get to the good places. This area is sprawling and has three "downtowns" plus the beaches...not like a typical city where the good restaurants are all concentrated in a central place.

But the food's there....just gotta go somewhere to get it.

Old 07-19-2010, 03:11 PM

78 posts, read 165,708 times
Any Puerto Rican restaurants in the Tampa area? How about restaurants that make an awesome Paella?

Thanks

Old 07-19-2010, 03:26 PM

436 posts, read 816,936 times
Giordano's Pizza - Brandon location

It's great being able to get real pizza outside of the city.

Old 07-19-2010, 04:47 PM

876 posts, read 1,619,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoking357 View Post
Giordano's Pizza - Brandon location

It's great being able to get real pizza outside of the city.
Restaurant.com always has gift certificates for there. Really great with the 80% off codes and they don't exclude beer or wine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or