Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 12:01 PM

29 posts, read 65,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TampaKaren View Post
One of our newest favs is GrillSmith in Carrollwood. They have 3-4 others in the bay area. You can checkout the menu at GrillSmith.

I have gone to the GrillSmith (Countryside) location 3 times and the first two of those times I had decided on the steak sandwich they had there which was above and beyond any expectations I had for the place. It was well prepared and extremely tasty and I definately wouldn't mind ordering it again. The third time I went there I had decided to go with the short ribs with garlic potatoes. My first impression of the ribs themselves was that the meat was slightly less than tender and smothered in their own sauce which was overwhelming. In addition to this the garlic mashed potatoes were very salty and the cheese layer on top didn't help things so overall I found this dish to be a little to intense for my palate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2008, 08:03 PM

1 posts, read 4,716 times
Default E&E Stakeout Grill

I tried out E&E stakeout grill when I came into the area with my family. I saw someone else mention this place in here and a friend of mine mentioned it too.

Anyway, I went to go check it out two weeks ago on a Friday night and I might say that it was fantastic. We did have to wait 30 minutes to be seated (this was at 7pm) because they were so full but its located in a shopping plaza so we just went window shopping until then.

The manager and waiters were extremely friendly and once we ordered we were amazed how fast the food came out despite the place being packed. I had fajitas and my brother had fish and I must say, something I would come back for.

I recommend this place for people coming into the area. The prices are reasonable except for a few items that are pricey. Interior is clean and cozy.

I will have to try their sister restaurants next time.

Edit: I completely forgot to mention that this place is in Bellair Bluffs in Saint Petersburg. You can lookup the exact address from their website.

Old 04-08-2008, 09:19 PM

121 posts, read 515,407 times
I can't believe I forgot to add this one:

Wright's Gourmet Deli. They are PHENOMENAL. HUGE sandwiches with the best bread (especially the pumpernickel), roast beef that melts in your mouth, the best ham, and a number of other offerings, all good. And they're constantly busy - don't go during a breakfast or lunch rush, instead try and get there about 11:30 on a weekday, 11:00 on a weekend. Highly recommended!

Old 04-10-2008, 08:50 PM

86 posts, read 265,091 times
Sunset Dining on hwy 41 in Lutz is FABULOUS!

It doesn't look like much from the outside, but the inside is gorgeous, the food is incredible and reasonably priced. They serve seafood, steaks, pasta. We've tried several dishes and they've all been great.

We discovered this place from a friend, unfortunately, their signage is poor (and they are in a strip mall behind a McDonald's) so it doesn't appear that a lot of people are aware that it is there. Hopefully it stays in business because this is our new favorite place to go!

Old 04-11-2008, 12:33 AM

515 posts, read 1,348,101 times
Since BBQ was brought up a few times, I'm surprised nobody mentioned First Choice in Brandon. It's a fast-food place but there's usually a line out the door during peak times and the BBQ is some of the best I've ever had anywhere.

I'll also second GrillSmith, Miguel's, Mangroves, and Oystercatchers.

717 South, Mise en Place, Cafe Dufrain, Ceviche, and Bella's are also some good South Tampa restaurants that haven't been mentioned. And although it's a chain, you really can't go wrong with Roy's either. Their fish is excellent. Armani's probably has the best view of any restaurant around, however I think their food has gone down a notch in the past year or so. I don't really think it's worth the price, but the service is excellent and it's got that view...

Old 04-12-2008, 11:26 AM

979 posts, read 3,828,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCaptain View Post
I can't believe I forgot to add this one:

Wright's Gourmet Deli. They are PHENOMENAL. HUGE sandwiches with the best bread (especially the pumpernickel), roast beef that melts in your mouth, the best ham, and a number of other offerings, all good. And they're constantly busy - don't go during a breakfast or lunch rush, instead try and get there about 11:30 on a weekday, 11:00 on a weekend. Highly recommended!
Where?

Quote:
Originally Posted by katleigh View Post
Sunset Dining on hwy 41 in Lutz is FABULOUS!

It doesn't look like much from the outside, but the inside is gorgeous, the food is incredible and reasonably priced. They serve seafood, steaks, pasta. We've tried several dishes and they've all been great.

We discovered this place from a friend, unfortunately, their signage is poor (and they are in a strip mall behind a McDonald's) so it doesn't appear that a lot of people are aware that it is there. Hopefully it stays in business because this is our new favorite place to go!
Great! I live in Wesley Chapel so that's very good to know. Is that an everyday kind of place or can I expect to go and hang out for dinner there?

Also..... Where are the waterfront ones?? I really would like to know. AAAAANNND I'm going to Clearwater tomorrow and I would love some fav's from all of you guys for dining and hang outs!!! We are drinkers so don't hesitate to mention bars. I know frenchy's and that about all I know.

Old 04-12-2008, 11:31 AM

979 posts, read 3,828,663 times
Thumbs up mmmmmmm yummy

Quote:
One of our newest favs is GrillSmith in Carrollwood. They have 3-4 others in the bay area. You can checkout the menu at GrillSmith.
WOW!!!!!! That menu sounds impressive! I will definitely have to check that one out. Chicken gorgonzola pizza???????? Holy moly, they're speaking my language! Thanks for the link!

Old 04-12-2008, 12:30 PM

1,824 posts, read 8,379,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuziSu View Post
Where?

Also..... Where are the waterfront ones?? I really would like to know. AAAAANNND I'm going to Clearwater tomorrow and I would love some fav's from all of you guys for dining and hang outs!!! We are drinkers so don't hesitate to mention bars. I know frenchy's and that about all I know.
Wrights Gourmet Deli is on South Tampa off Dale Mabry just south of Henderson I believe.

In Clearwater Beach for drinks and eats: Palm Pavillion, Shepard's and of course Frenchy's. Island Way Grille has a nice outdoor deck and great food, its just before you reach Clearwater Beach off Memorial Cswy.

I have fun at a few other waterfront drinking and eating establishments, like Caddy's on Sunset Beach(Treasure Island); Undertow and Jimi B's on St. Pete Beach; Gator's on the Pass on Treasure Island; Hurricane for cocktails on the rooftop on Pass-a-Grille Beach. Over in Tampa, it's Rick's on the River just north of downtown Tampa; Crabby Bill's and Bahama Breeze on Rocky Point; Jackson's Bistor downtown. I miss Rattlefish

Old 04-12-2008, 02:33 PM

3,928 posts, read 11,601,624 times
Oh my, TG03 has reminded me of all the places around Rocky Point. It's on Highway 60 going West to Clearwater just before the bridge (aka Courtney Campbell Causeway). Castaways has great Sunday Brunch and for lunch/dinner, I really like their crab rangoon. Also on the water in that general area are Crawdaddys, Rusty Pellican (and as previously noted, Bahama Breeze and Crabby Bills). We weren't crazy about Crabby Bills, but maybe it's improved since we last went. And other waterfront restaurants in that general area (at Grand Hyatt) are Armani's and Oystercatchers.

Last edited by TampaKaren; 04-12-2008 at 02:34 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 04-12-2008, 02:43 PM

1,824 posts, read 8,379,348 times
Quote:
Oh my, TG03 has reminded me of all the places around Rocky Point. It's on Highway 60 going West to Clearwater just before the bridge (aka Courtney Campbell Causeway). Castaways has great Sunday Brunch and for lunch/dinner, I really like their crab rangoon. Also on the water in that general area are Crawdaddys, Rusty Pellican (and as previously noted, Bahama Breeze and Crabby Bills). We weren't crazy about Crabby Bills, but maybe it's improved since we last went. And other waterfront restaurants in that general area (at Grand Hyatt) are Armani's and Oystercatchers.
I'm not a big fan of Crabby Bills food, but the entertainment and drinks are fun! Crawdaddy's closed a while back, it's just the Rusty Pelican over there now(remember Whiskey Joe's?! That was always a blast on Sunday afternoon's!!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay