U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 08:08 AM

1,730 posts, read 4,114,551 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridaobserver View Post
I'll have to try Pizza Haven - where is it, and are there places to sit inside?
Pizza Haven is right behind the Walgreens in Brandon off of 60 and Parsons. If you know where the Subway is it is in that plaza. There is a Puerto Rican grocery store next door where I believe they get all of their fresh meats from.

As for seating, there are a few sitting areas but it really is more for take out IMO. Still, the pizza is amazing but it is greasy so for those into a real crispy crust might want to avoid. But again, the toppings are so fresh it might be worth taking a chance. The people who work there rock as well. They are so nice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2008, 07:33 AM

1,765 posts, read 3,752,527 times
Can anyone recommend a vegetarian restaurant? Preferably in the South Tampa Area?

Thanks!!!

Old 09-14-2008, 08:05 AM

1,824 posts, read 7,626,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowGirl View Post
Can anyone recommend a vegetarian restaurant? Preferably in the South Tampa Area?

Thanks!!!
Grass Roots on Florida Avenue, just north of downtown Tampa.

Also, there is a GREAT Etheopian restaurant, Queen of Sheba, on Henderson Blvd in South Tampa(just south of Swann Ave)...many vegetarian specialities and VERY good.

Plus, a vege friend of mine enjoys this site: Tampa Bay Vegetarians

Old 09-14-2008, 10:32 AM

154 posts, read 479,534 times
Quote:

Thanks!!!
During a recent visit to Tampa, I had a great (non-vegetarian) meal at BT restaurant in Hyde Park, they seem to have a very decent vegetarian selection on their menu.

Old 09-14-2008, 02:22 PM

20 posts, read 41,714 times
Default hmmmmm

kinda surprised no mention of Rick's on the river, near Seminole Hts....good live music..nice view of downtown...good bar food...

and one of, if not THE best hole-in-the-wall philly-style cheese-steak places...in Clearwater...was called LaSpada's...and they changed the name sometime last year...i'm sure someone else local knows where i mean...but mannnnn heaven wrapped in foil...

Old 09-14-2008, 09:05 PM

2,119 posts, read 3,239,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pk33615 View Post
kinda surprised no mention of Rick's on the river, near Seminole Hts....good live music..nice view of downtown...good bar food...

and one of, if not THE best hole-in-the-wall philly-style cheese-steak places...in Clearwater...was called LaSpada's...and they changed the name sometime last year...i'm sure someone else local knows where i mean...but mannnnn heaven wrapped in foil...
Been to Rick's. Took DH there for a very casual Father's Day a few years ago. Pretty good wings! Crispy on the outside, nicely done on the inside but not dry. Sauce? Perfect.

Prices are very reasonable for what they offer.

Old 09-14-2008, 09:13 PM

2,119 posts, read 3,239,659 times
Vallarta's Mexican Restaurant on North Dale Mabry is one of my favorite lunch spots. Great buffet offerings and I love their chairs!

Ballyhoo's on Ehrlich (actually Gunn that turns into Ehrlich) has terrific crab soup and an excellent grouper sandwich.

Old 09-14-2008, 09:16 PM

124 posts, read 276,595 times
Quote:

Thanks!!!
Not all vegetarian, but (first in Florida) all organic with a wide selection of vegetarian food on the menu: The WaterWitch in Gulfport. Home Page Open for B/L/D, closed mondays. It's simply delicious, right on the Gulfport Beach/Playground Area.

Old 09-15-2008, 07:47 PM

1,765 posts, read 3,752,527 times
Thanks everyone - I'll definitely give a few of these a try!!!

Old 09-17-2008, 12:15 PM

2,406 posts, read 6,979,773 times
Bern's is our fav restaurant here....and 2 out of 3 of us are vegetarians! Regardless that we don't eat steak that place is delicious, and be sure to go to the dessert room upstairs.

Otherwise Tampa is severely lacking in good restaurants (which offer good service!).

Byblos Cafe serves Lebanese/Mediterranean (alot of veg. options) and is really good, with great service. Its in South Tampa.

Acropolis and Laughing Cat in Ybor have veg. options and good food.

Grass Roots has good food and ok service. Its worth it for the veg menu.

IMO many of the waterfront restaurants are lacking in the food and in the service dept (Landrys, Collonade, just to name a few) which is too bad b/c they offer a beautiful view.

Last edited by Davachka; 09-17-2008 at 12:50 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or