Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2018, 03:49 PM

1,357 posts, read 1,240,234 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinatras View Post
Been there done that it’s crap.
Like I said. I wouldn’t expect you to know the difference.
Or perhaps you just think things are better than they really are. But honestly, between us, is it really 10x better? Got to say, if it was 100x better I probably wouldn't really notice, it's not like I gorge myself on butter.

But you probably have me pegged... my tastes are simple.... I really like the cinnamon butter at Texas Roadhouse, it's is délicieux, especially with their fresh baked bread. But geeze, if the FRENCH butter is 10x better than that, mercy..... I'd better get a ticket right away and dart over to Paris and grab me some of that up rapide.

So tell me how much do you bring back to use here? I've got to know since of ALLLLLL the items that you could choose and claim that it's 10x better than anything in US you choose butter... BUTTER!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2018, 04:48 PM

4,474 posts, read 3,842,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobandsherry View Post
Or perhaps you just think things are better than they really are. But honestly, between us, is it really 10x better? Got to say, if it was 100x better I probably wouldn't really notice, it's not like I gorge myself on butter.

But you probably have me pegged... my tastes are simple.... I really like the cinnamon butter at Texas Roadhouse, it's is délicieux, especially with their fresh baked bread. But geeze, if the FRENCH butter is 10x better than that, mercy..... I'd better get a ticket right away and dart over to Paris and grab me some of that up rapide.

So tell me how much do you bring back to use here? I've got to know since of ALLLLLL the items that you could choose and claim that it's 10x better than anything in US you choose butter... BUTTER!

Let me put it this way. There is one large TravelPro just for butter.

Old 11-07-2018, 05:00 PM

2,729 posts, read 5,200,367 times
BS.

I am one of those who happily voted to increase my taxes by 1.5% (school and transportation) and apparently more than 60% of the people agreed with me

I don't know how many times I hear people whining how bad are traffic and roads in Tampa Bay and they want all those for free?

Time to advance and catch up with other progressive places

if those who are in Pasco want to stay there to save few bucks, even better! Less Congestion.

Old 11-07-2018, 05:03 PM

30,395 posts, read 21,215,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MortonR View Post
This is a really tired argument perpetuated by those without children and retirees whose children have been out of the school system for a long time.

The children your tax dollars have and are paying for will be or may currently be your:

Doctor
Attorney
Police officer
Bank teller
Cashier
Nurse
Caregiver

Etc., etc.

Don’t think you should have to pay for schools if you don’t have children? Then maybe you should have to pay more for services provided by those educated in the public school system - sort of a “VAT” or consumer tax charged to the childless to offset their lack of contribution. That seems fair, doesn’t it? After all, no one gets a free ride, right?

RM
I don't think i should be taxed for anything but for gas. No prop tax none of it. If i need a fire truck then charge me per use or a police unit and such.

Old 11-07-2018, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave w View Post
We're talking sales tax here not property tax.
I'm talking any tax max.

Old 11-07-2018, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobandsherry View Post
If you really don't understand, then there's no sense wasting time to explain.
Nothing to understand man. The lotto was gonna be for schools back in the 80's. So that was another lie sly. I think the parents should be charged per month and let them pay for this mess.

Old 11-07-2018, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Boy am I glad we didn't move to Tampa Bay.
Smart move you made slade.

Old 11-07-2018, 11:41 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,055,874 times
LOL @ this thread.

Bunch of NIMBYs.

Old 11-08-2018, 03:16 AM

5,976 posts, read 7,365,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McBain II View Post
LOL @ this thread.

Bunch of NIMBYs.
Hardly.

The transportation tax was a good thing, but was only necessary because the county commissioners have been in the pockets of developers for years, and in doing so, failed to update impact fees like surrounding counties - Pasco is a good example of one that's kept up as a result of increasing impact fees over the years.

Since our impact fees haven't changed for nearly 20 years, the costs of adding to and and maintaining the infrastructure of a rapidly developing metropolitan area aren't being met.

Now part of this does affect schools, but for the most part, the school district is in poor financial shape as far as infrastructure for two reasons:

1.) Massive increase in infrastructure due to significant development over the last 20 years and the state dropping PICO funding to public schools; and,

2.) Poor fiscal management on the part of the school district's administration.

Case in point: While the administration was cutting jobs such as teachers and support personnel, they were increasing the number of six figure positions in the administration.

RM

Old 11-08-2018, 05:10 AM

124 posts, read 124,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.tam...3ftemplate=amp

Hillsborough voters voted for the increase!

Pasco has great Malls and less taxes, so easy decision to shop in Pasco!

That means that same store brand will have different prices for buying in Hillsborough or in Pasco!

That will be an easy decision!
Unless you live in the northern part of Hillsborough, I doubt it would make people travel to Pasco to shop. You would have to be making large and frequent purchases to offset the expense of your time in travel and cost of gas. Only time will tell if you are right.

I believe that people will get used to it and not change their habits much. This applies to government as well, which means they will not make the best use of this money. I am a supporter of light rail. This areas has insufficient roadways for its current and expected growth. There are several corridors screaming for it. However, that has already been discussed in several other forums and I doubt I am going to change any minds here.

Yes, we pay for schools, fire, and police because we would get insufficient supplies of these services in the areas that need them the most. Pure public goods is economics 101.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay