U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2008, 03:20 PM

52 posts, read 173,573 times

Advertisements

More than 85 Bigfoot sightings tallied in Tampa

Our Strange World - Your Portal to the Unknown » More On Bigfoot Mania Comes To West Virginia

TAMPA, Fl. —
The Bigfoot Field Researchers Organization, a scientific community charged with unraveling the mystery of Sasquatch, lists more than 4,000 sightings and trackings of the furry fellow throughout the United States and Canada.

The Web site Reports for Florida has documented more than 85 sightings in Tampa and St. Petersburg since 1975, with a majority of them occurring in South Tampa. The most recent Bigfoot sighting occurred yesterday in Hillsborough County.

“Our expedition will focus searching for Sasquatch in the Tampa Bay region,” said a Bigfoot field research who will most likely be searching for Sasquatch somewhere on the Davis Islands, which lists 53 previous sightings. A 2007 eyewitness account documents a man and son who saw “three creatures ripping palm trees at Clearwater Beach."

“I saw two very large, furry black upright creatures ... it appeared they were eating palms. The smallest of the two had an arm reach about 10 to 12 feet. The larger of the two was several feet higher, later a third one stepped out. That’s when I told my son, ‘we have to run,’” the unidentified witness wrote. “I grew up in the area and I spent a lot of time at the beach, and it takes a lot to scare me. Through the years, I stopped talking about it because no believed me or my son.”

BFRO officials said many encounters are never documented because eyewitnesses fear they will be ridiculed after coming forward with information.

“I estimated by the height of the palm trees that it had to be over 7 feet tall,” the witness, known only as D.A., said. “I am a believer now and I will always be.”

any thoughts/sightings?

Last edited by Keeper; 04-07-2008 at 05:21 PM.. Reason: put in website link
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2008, 03:43 PM

1,824 posts, read 7,617,411 times
Just yesterday kayaking around Picnic Island area, I saw one doing the backstroke in the Bay...an amazing site..they dont swim very well though(maybe all the hair?)

Old 04-06-2008, 05:11 PM

65 posts, read 340,455 times
My friend called and said she saw one at Pay Less Shoes and that he didn't look too happy.

Old 04-06-2008, 06:30 PM

792 posts, read 2,015,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggoose9000 View Post
More than 85 Bigfoot sightings tallied in Tampa

TAMPA TRIBUNE (TAMPA, Fl.)

TAMPA, Fl. —
The Bigfoot Field Researchers Organization, a scientific community charged with unraveling the mystery of Sasquatch, lists more than 4,000 sightings and trackings of the furry fellow throughout the United States and Canada.

The Web site www. bfro.net has documented more than 85 sightings in Tampa and St. Petersburg since 1975, with a majority of them occurring in South Tampa. The most recent Bigfoot sighting occurred yesterday in Hillsborough County.

“Our expedition will focus searching for Sasquatch in the Tampa Bay region,” said a Bigfoot field research who will most likely be searching for Sasquatch somewhere on the Davis Islands, which lists 53 previous sightings. A 2007 eyewitness account documents a man and son who saw “three creatures ripping palm trees at Clearwater Beach."

“I saw two very large, furry black upright creatures ... it appeared they were eating palms. The smallest of the two had an arm reach about 10 to 12 feet. The larger of the two was several feet higher, later a third one stepped out. That’s when I told my son, ‘we have to run,’” the unidentified witness wrote. “I grew up in the area and I spent a lot of time at the beach, and it takes a lot to scare me. Through the years, I stopped talking about it because no believed me or my son.”

BFRO officials said many encounters are never documented because eyewitnesses fear they will be ridiculed after coming forward with information.

“I estimated by the height of the palm trees that it had to be over 7 feet tall,” the witness, known only as D.A., said. “I am a believer now and I will always be.”

any thoughts/sightings?

Complete nonsense. Too many people in Florida for something of that size to have lived here unoticed.
Consider for a minute that you not only need a breeding population of bigfoots, you also need a way to dispose of the bodies when they die, considering none have ever been found, well..........it's sort of a no brainer.

Old 04-06-2008, 07:42 PM

119 posts, read 481,881 times
I'm aware of the individual quoted in the article. He's pretty reliable.

Old 04-07-2008, 07:04 AM

105 posts, read 221,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stpeteguy View Post
Complete nonsense. Too many people in Florida for something of that size to have lived here unoticed.
Consider for a minute that you not only need a breeding population of bigfoots, you also need a way to dispose of the bodies when they die, considering none have ever been found, well..........it's sort of a no brainer.

Nobody has ever found a bear that died from natural cause!!!

But I agree, too many people around.

Mark

Old 04-14-2008, 08:45 PM

52 posts, read 173,573 times
Default maybe bigfoot wants to live in tampa too

Quote:
That's quite a well thought out answer...but at the same time if you think about it why wouldn't bigfoots want to live in Tampa too?

Old 04-15-2008, 09:56 AM

717 posts, read 603,896 times
Sorry- that was me- Im Italian and Hairy

Old 04-15-2008, 11:01 AM

65 posts, read 340,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggoose9000 View Post
That's quite a well thought out answer...but at the same time if you think about it why wouldn't bigfoots want to live in Tampa too?

Sorry, the plural form is... BigFeet. They're very offended when you say otherwise.

Old 04-16-2008, 10:28 PM

119 posts, read 481,881 times
Default Sleepin' with the fishes

Quote:
you also need a way to dispose of the bodies when they die, considering none have ever been found, well.......
I hear a lot of bigfoots wear "cement shoes" if you catch my drift.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or