Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 07:15 PM

2,404 posts, read 6,577,844 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Occifer View Post
Yep...kook. That's all.
well I guess i took all the words out your mouth . But truth is what it is because of your lack of knowelage you have regis. plates on your car . GOOD and i assume that you also have a drivers permit to travel from 1 point to another, thats good also.and i bet that that you pay taxes every year on your labor AND RENEW YOUR CONTRACTS WITH D.M.V.)from your job. Even thou the I.R.S. manuals clearly state , only capitol gains are taxable and that labor is non taxable ? see how clear it is < but thanks for doing you part and not getting educated. just keep on paying. we need more of you !But to tell you the truth which one of us is the reaL KOOK?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2008, 09:31 PM
EB2

1,925 posts, read 6,363,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Screwed View Post
well I guess i took all the words out your mouth . But truth is what it is because of your lack of knowelage you have regis. plates on your car . GOOD and i assume that you also have a drivers permit to travel from 1 point to another, thats good also.and i bet that that you pay taxes every year on your labor AND RENEW YOUR CONTRACTS WITH D.M.V.)from your job. Even thou the I.R.S. manuals clearly state , only capitol gains are taxable and that labor is non taxable ? see how clear it is < but thanks for doing you part and not getting educated. just keep on paying. we need more of you !But to tell you the truth which one of us is the reaL KOOK?
LOL - come back and post that when you want to whine about how the cop arrested you/issued a ticket. Just be sure to post in this thread, as not to waste space and make a new thread.

I'm sorry - you've got to be young enough to not have fallen hard on your face a couple times and had some sense knocked into you? I'm young - and even I'M not that cocky. If it's not an age thing, spread some of that luck around...

I know I'd like it, and I'm sure some of the other posters would, too!

Old 04-11-2008, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EB2 View Post
LOL - come back and post that when you want to whine about how the cop arrested you/issued a ticket. Just be sure to post in this thread, as not to waste space and make a new thread.

I'm sorry - you've got to be young enough to not have fallen hard on your face a couple times and had some sense knocked into you? I'm young - and even I'M not that cocky. If it's not an age thing, spread some of that luck around...

I know I'd like it, and I'm sure some of the other posters would, too!
Let me say this . I am am not young ,unless you call 67 yrs. young (then thank you ) have i fallen on my face a time or two? You had better believe I have )Reason for the pen name Ben Screwed. Thru that if people would take the time to research the statements made here,you would see there is nothing about luck here. I am not lucky I just need the questions answered. And I am not the only one, many have and many more will ask as they have here. How can they do that?They may say that something is the law on one level. But is there a higher authority.lastly cocky has nothing to do with it Education , learn . just because some one say this is how it is, in a lot of cases in not true. As i have tried to explain here . Some get ,many don't .

Old 04-12-2008, 04:55 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,736,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strippedeagle View Post
Hello All,
Here is my case. I was pulled over while driving on 60 near Bayport (Grand Hyatt). It was a biker cop. He pulled me over and I was really frightened, since I have never been in this situation before I didnt know what to do.
He asks me what the speed limit is and I said 40, to which he replies. Sir you were driving 70 on 40. I was dumbfounded by his appearance, his voice and mean look. I told him that i had an interview call to take and I was just driving home and didnt want to hit a red light. But he wasn't willing to listen, and said license and registration please. To this I handed over the insurance that I had for the car but I didnt have my wallet on me. It was in the trunk with my bag, but I was so scarred that he wud arrest me or something, I didnt want to take the chance, moreover he was hardly giving me any gap to speak, so I said its at home, cos thats the best bet. I can always check if its at home too. I didnt know what else to do. He asked me to write my name and so I did and he got it wrong on the ticket. I told him that I live in Texas and I am here in Tampa temporarily and he asked me to write my Texas address, my phone number and my name. I gave it to him. Inspite of the corrected name he couldn't pull me out on the system. He asked me to sign a ticket which had incorrect name on it and I tried to tell him but he was already fretting and grunting. I didnt want to end up in jail cos he was threatening me that if I wad not turn up in the system he wud put me in jail.
He asked me to call someone to pick me up and I did while he was getting frustrated by the minute. It was nice of him to not arrest me, my friends came and picked me up. Another friend of mine drove the car right back to the office and when I checked my bag; the wallet was indeed in there.
Now I have never been in such a mess, could someone be kind enough to give some advice to how to go about it.
I have done some research and found out that I can show the license to the clerk and s/he can get me out by paying $7.50 before going to the criminal court. And as far as the speeding ticket is concerned it is 30+ so court infraction is required and I really dont know how I should put my case.
I am under lot of stress already, I have a sister with cancer in India and I am the only person earning to help pay the bills. The job market is already bad. I have never defaulted in paying my credit cards or anything else. I have always been sincere towards everything. I really am in a financial crunch situation. Is there a stress course or something that the judge can ask me to do and not spoil my record.
Please help
In dire need.
Why are you complaining about getting a ticket for speeding when you were speeding almost double the speed limit. What if you hit some one else. I have a child who is injured right now because of some one else making an traffic error and it is very sad to see a young child and us having to deal with other people not taking responsibility for their actions.
You shouldn't have been affraid of this cop if you didn't do anything wrong and since you did you knew what was going to happen.
Don't get me wrong, I have had a ticket in the past and learned from it. It is my mistake, me to pay for it and since I don't want to pay and risk anything else I keep to the rules. By the way in todays market, speeding cost also more at the pump, so from every way you look at it, it is stupid.

Old 04-13-2008, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Why are you complaining about getting a ticket for speeding when you were speeding almost double the speed limit. What if you hit some one else. I have a child who is injured right now because of some one else making an traffic error and it is very sad to see a young child and us having to deal with other people not taking responsibility for their actions.
You shouldn't have been affraid of this cop if you didn't do anything wrong and since you did you knew what was going to happen.
Don't get me wrong, I have had a ticket in the past and learned from it. It is my mistake, me to pay for it and since I don't want to pay and risk anything else I keep to the rules. By the way in todays market, speeding cost also more at the pump, so from every way you look at it, it is stupid.
First your advice not to be affraid of the cop is wrong, many people have had bad experences with abuse from other officers and in the case ,yes he had concerns .. 2nd sorry for your childs injury. you talk about responsiablty , could it possiably been that you did not drive defenceably enough ? Could it have that you did not use caution , that you were not paying attention? . See it's ok to want to blame some one else , that's easy, but like many things in life it takes two. if your vehicle was moving why didn't you take action to avoid the car ?. Think did you act responsiably?. No blame intended. Just for thought see in this case the man didn't hit or injure anyone .SO REALLY THE 2 CASES ARE REALLY DEFFERANT WHEATHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT.

Old 04-13-2008, 05:29 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,736,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Screwed View Post
First your advice not to be affraid of the cop is wrong, many people have had bad experences with abuse from other officers and in the case ,yes he had concerns .. 2nd sorry for your childs injury. you talk about responsiablty , could it possiably been that you did not drive defenceably enough ? Could it have that you did not use caution , that you were not paying attention? . See it's ok to want to blame some one else , that's easy, but like many things in life it takes two. if your vehicle was moving why didn't you take action to avoid the car ?. Think did you act responsiably?. No blame intended. Just for thought see in this case the man didn't hit or injure anyone .SO REALLY THE 2 CASES ARE REALLY DEFFERANT WHEATHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT.
To be clear. Our car was going straight at a green traffic light. A 18 year old came from the other direction and had a solid green light not a green arrow pointing left, but she just took a left and to avoid her we went a little to the right but she already had hit us and our car ended up in a ditch. The car behind us stopped and the pastor driving this car stated to the police "it was either our car or his car that this 18 year old was going to hit! She just didn't yield. So nothing to do with your .... She got a ticket and her insurance is responsible for everything and we are not done yet!!!!

So the person in this case who is speeding 30 miles over the limit should take responsibility and yes some cops are not the best, but in this case it hasn't got anything to do with it.
Drive with insurance and a valid license
Drive and keep to the spee limit and other rules and you don't have to be scared of the police.

Old 04-13-2008, 09:52 AM

86 posts, read 265,042 times
I'm sorry to hear about your child. I hope everything is okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
To be clear. Our car was going straight at a green traffic light. A 18 year old came from the other direction and had a solid green light not a green arrow pointing left, but she just took a left and to avoid her we went a little to the right but she already had hit us and our car ended up in a ditch. The car behind us stopped and the pastor driving this car stated to the police "it was either our car or his car that this 18 year old was going to hit! She just didn't yield. So nothing to do with your .... She got a ticket and her insurance is responsible for everything and we are not done yet!!!!

So the person in this case who is speeding 30 miles over the limit should take responsibility and yes some cops are not the best, but in this case it hasn't got anything to do with it.
Drive with insurance and a valid license
Drive and keep to the spee limit and other rules and you don't have to be scared of the police.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: