U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2019, 12:00 PM

Location: Not the end of the Earth, but I can see it from here
3,527 posts, read 3,652,330 times

Advertisements

Yeah, if you're not aware, Miami is a good day's drive, and the Keys are even farther. A lot of people come here and don't realize that a drive from Pensacola to Miami is a long, long drive.

RM
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2019, 12:02 PM

100 posts, read 41,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MortonR View Post
Yeah, if you're not aware, Miami is a good day's drive, and the Keys are even farther. A lot of people come here and don't realize that a drive from Pensacola to Miami is a long, long drive.

RM
It's 4 1/2 hours from Tampa which is where we are considering.

Old 03-09-2019, 02:56 PM

697 posts, read 419,255 times
LOL. You might need 4 hours just to get outta Miami.

Old 03-09-2019, 02:57 PM

697 posts, read 419,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by letsurf View Post
We're looking at some different areas around Tampa that are relatively nice but affordable. Some areas we're considering are:

Silly! Nice places in Tampa are for rich people.

Old 03-09-2019, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MortonR View Post

RM
Our main concern is the elementary school. What do you think is the best place to find a $320,000 home in a nice area with an elementary that is at least 7/10? We're considering the following:

Riverview
Westchase
Carrollwood
New Tampa
Wesley Chapel

Would love to get your opinion of these. Some elementary schools we're considering in Riverview are:

Boyette Springs (seems to have the best rating of these)
Riverview Elementary
Sessums Elementary

I don't want to send my child to a mediocre school where he won't be challenged. If the school has lowered their standards because of other demographics then that wouldn't be a good thing. If our child is among the top of the class and constantly praised for being smart or getting A's it's not necessarily a good thing. I would rather him be at a school that challenges him and then praises for effort, not ability.

Old 03-10-2019, 03:29 PM

191 posts, read 149,161 times
If you're considering Riverview, just South of it is Lithia which has the FishHawk communities.

Old 03-10-2019, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AhHah View Post
If you're considering Riverview, just South of it is Lithia which has the FishHawk communities.
I feel like Riverview has areas are close enough to I75 to get to shopping in about 15 minutes. If we're our toward Lithia it would be a 30 minute drive or more right? I think Lithia and FIshhawk seem too far out. Ideally we would like to be 10 - 15 minutes from home depot, best buy, book stores, and minor shopping and 20-25 minutes to Tampa. 1 hour to Clearwater beach.

Old 03-12-2019, 09:12 PM

19 posts, read 7,258 times
Collins in Panther Trace is good. So is Southshore and Creekside Charter Academy. Dawson Elementary school os new so I'm not sure anout it, it is in the the new Ttiple Creek community

Old 03-19-2019, 09:20 AM

Why has no one mentioned Odessa or Land o Lakes? I feel like both these places are relatively affordable and have amazing school districts. Am I missing something?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay