Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2019, 03:29 PM

1,424 posts, read 1,282,360 times

Advertisements

Not so sure about the car insurance in Vegas. I read it was high.
The OP should consider Chattanooga. Mild winters and affordable rentals. It's a gig city (fast internet), too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2019, 04:13 PM

44 posts, read 180,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
He can rent a 2bedroom in many of the run down hoods west of US19 in Pasco for around 600 smackers a month. Man behind me pays 520 a month. And if you think winter is bad wait till ya get taste of west Pasco all summer when we are in a reverse west wind flow with solid sunshine and little rain most of the summer while anyone 2 to 20 miles inland gets much more rain. Wake up at 6am and get slapped in the face with a low of 78 to 84 and dew points of 74 to 84f will be a slap in the face for 7+ months. We no longer have falls or springs as the planet has seen a insane ramp up with heating. We no longer have real winters here and the ramp up in heating in just the last 7 years has been unreal neal.

thank you very, very much. Most people forget or ignore the differences climate change has brought to most every section of North America.

Old 03-10-2019, 05:05 PM

30,432 posts, read 21,248,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastRefugee View Post
thank you very, very much. Most people forget or ignore the differences climate change has brought to most every section of North America.
The ramp up in heating alone since 2011 is unreal in the Tampa area. All one has to do is look at the temps since 2011 and see how many more days have been above normal. The next 30 years will be even worse as my snow ball effect takes place and the ramp up gets faster and faster. All of FL will see 90's years round before many of you are dead.

Old 03-10-2019, 05:52 PM

5,687 posts, read 7,182,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
The ramp up in heating alone since 2011 is unreal in the Tampa area. All one has to do is look at the temps since 2011 and see how many more days have been above normal. The next 30 years will be even worse as my snow ball effect takes place and the ramp up gets faster and faster. All of FL will see 90's years round before many of you are dead.
And yet, here's OP wanting to move to Florida (or someplace warm) on account of he's freezing his hindquarters off in Wisconsin during the winter...

Old 03-10-2019, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarc View Post
And yet, here's OP wanting to move to Florida (or someplace warm) on account of he's freezing his hindquarters off in Wisconsin during the winter...
Well he will hate our dew points and humidity once he gets here.

Old 03-10-2019, 08:03 PM

65 posts, read 44,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkj1988 View Post
the ramp up in heating alone since 2011 is unreal in the tampa area. All one has to do is look at the temps since 2011 and see how many more days have been above normal. The next 30 years will be even worse as my snow ball effect takes place and the ramp up gets faster and faster. All of fl will see 90's years round before many of you are dead.
lmao

Old 03-10-2019, 08:35 PM

9 posts, read 9,162 times
Please don't digress my post to your climate opinions. I asked a specific question. I suspect the world will not end in 12 years as other opinions not pertinent to my interest have suggested. Mods, please delete this thread.

Old 03-11-2019, 07:15 AM

2,729 posts, read 5,202,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyPilgrim View Post
Please don't digress my post to your climate opinions. I asked a specific question. I suspect the world will not end in 12 years as other opinions not pertinent to my interest have suggested. Mods, please delete this thread.
Funny your thread title is about winter, your first paragraph is about weather and yet you don't want people to talk about climate. FYI, climate is the long-term statistics of a weather.

Anyhow, back to what you are asking. I do believe you can get $800/month just it won't be in the "urban centers". Since you don't need to commute for work, you may want to look at east Hillsborough, Pasco, and Hernando counties.

Best

Old 03-11-2019, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pragmaticus View Post
Funny your thread title is about winter, your first paragraph is about weather and yet you don't want people to talk about climate. FYI, climate is the long-term statistics of a weather.

Anyhow, back to what you are asking. I do believe you can get $800/month just it won't be in the "urban centers". Since you don't need to commute for work, you may want to look at east Hillsborough, Pasco, and Hernando counties.

Best
He cried about winter and i tried to cheer him up that there is no winters down here to cry about.

Old 03-12-2019, 08:58 AM

1,265 posts, read 1,423,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lluvia View Post
Not so sure about the car insurance in Vegas. I read it was high.
The OP should consider Chattanooga. Mild winters and affordable rentals. It's a gig city (fast internet), too.
This is some sensible advice. I just moved to the Tampa area for the short-term, and we're paying $1300/mo for a 2/2 condo in a neighborhood that is basically a small step above acceptable. The rent does include all utilities (since it's a short term rental) but you could buy one of these condos for under $100k. (north Pinellas)

Chattanooga is a much better start - I feel like Tampa would be rough on $30k/year especially if you don't have a decent amount of savings. The cost of living is higher here than Wisconsin, and that includes insurance and everything else mentioned above.

Also, the traffic in Tampa is the worst I've ever experienced outside of the major US cities during rush hour, and I've either lived or spent a lot of time in Chicago, NY, SF and LA. DC I've heard is worse, but we work from home as well, and we still end up stuck in a lot of traffic if we go out anytime between 2-7pm.

That said, I understand why there's so much traffic here - I lived in Orlando for 5 years and spent a lot of time down by West Palm on the other side of the state, and it is just so much nicer on this side of the state, from the beaches to the activities to the economic opportunity (which isn't super great anywhere in FL but seemingly still better in Tampa than Miami, Orlando or JAX).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay