U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2019, 06:48 AM

Location: Not the end of the Earth, but I can see it from here
3,547 posts, read 3,654,330 times

Advertisements

Wow, not sure what I did to deserve all the praise, but thank you!

RM
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2019, 06:54 AM

7 posts, read 2,201 times
I will keep Bloomingdale East open. How do I know what section Bloomingdale East is? Is this in Valrico? I know theres a Bloomingdale section.

Old 03-27-2019, 07:16 AM

5,556 posts, read 5,027,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MortonR View Post
Wow, not sure what I did to deserve all the praise, but thank you!

RM
So where do I send the bill for the hearts and flowers?

Seriously, though, there are long time residents here in the forums who do pass on the knowledge they've gained over the years and it can save a lot of time and trouble for folks who are relocating to give serious consideration to what they say. The problem is, when you're new to the forum and new to the area, you don't have the benefit of having interacted with various posters to know what to believe and if it's going to be helpful.

Over the years, I've seen you give folks the benefit of your knowledge and experience. So I thought I'd just give you a little plug.

Old 03-27-2019, 07:27 AM

I am very thankful for this information.. I do want to avoid areas that have less than stellar reputation I know its really hard to tell what areas are more desirable than others in Florida. Right now we live in an area that doesn't have the best reputation and it is little bit harder to sell a home here than in surrounding areas which is the biggest down side of living where we live. I love my home but the area is not the greatest and its not very family friendly.

Old 03-27-2019, 08:22 AM

5,556 posts, read 5,027,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvans View Post
I am very thankful for this information.. I do want to avoid areas that have less than stellar reputation I know its really hard to tell what areas are more desirable than others in Florida. Right now we live in an area that doesn't have the best reputation and it is little bit harder to sell a home here than in surrounding areas which is the biggest down side of living where we live. I love my home but the area is not the greatest and its not very family friendly.
Morton has worked in administration for the Hillsborough County School System. He knows which areas are and aren't family friendly and he knows the area you're looking in like the back of his hand. If I'm not mistaken, he owns property there.

Fishhawk certainly has the reputation, but that doesn't mean that reality matches the reputation. I'm not familiar with with it, but I do get the impression that it might be a bit over-hyped.

You've mentioned that your husband is a contractor. You've also mentioned seeing homes that are "dated". Seems to me that there might be an opportunity updating those dated homes, if he does that sort of thing. As the economy drifts downward, and more people stay in their homes rather than move, there would be a market for his skills, I think.

Old 03-27-2019, 09:19 AM

Location: Not the end of the Earth, but I can see it from here
3,547 posts, read 3,654,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvans View Post
I will keep Bloomingdale East open. How do I know what section Bloomingdale East is? Is this in Valrico? I know theres a Bloomingdale section.
Bloomingdale East is the eastern half of Bloomingdale, bordered by Bell Shoals Road on the west, Bloomingdale Ave. on the north, and Lithia-Pinecrest Road on the east. The southern border is the Alafia River for the most part. And yes, this is the very southern part of Valrico.

Going from west to east is the direction that development took place, so on the western part you’ll see homes and architecture from the mid to late 1980s. As you move east through the community you’ll see the age of the homes and architecture change, with the last of the build out taking place in the early 2000s. Home values are also reflected in the age and architecture as you move the same direction through the community.

If you go along Culbreath Road, you’ll see the newer sections of the community, and the parts that I would recommend. The farther south on Culbreath you go, the newer the properties.

You can find a very nice, up to date 4/3 with a pool in this area for well under $400k. You can be walking distance to Cimino Elementary, which is an “A” rated school. The YMCA is at Culbreath and Bloomingdale, and retail such as a fairly new Super Walmart is just minutes away, along with a new Publix and plenty of other shops and restaurants.

If you have specific questions you’re welcome to PM me.

RM

Old 03-28-2019, 07:28 AM

Thank you I appreciate the responses I will PM with some more questions

Old 03-28-2019, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarc View Post
Morton has worked in administration for the Hillsborough County School System. He knows which areas are and aren't family friendly and he knows the area you're looking in like the back of his hand. If I'm not mistaken, he owns property there.

Fishhawk certainly has the reputation, but that doesn't mean that reality matches the reputation. I'm not familiar with with it, but I do get the impression that it might be a bit over-hyped.

You've mentioned that your husband is a contractor. You've also mentioned seeing homes that are "dated". Seems to me that there might be an opportunity updating those dated homes, if he does that sort of thing. As the economy drifts downward, and more people stay in their homes rather than move, there would be a market for his skills, I think.

Yes he is a contractor and updating our house wouldn't be a problem, it would be the surrounding houses. I know this sounds shallow but I want to think about what appeals to future buyers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or