Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2019, 08:58 AM

4,417 posts, read 3,770,245 times

Advertisements

Well, on second thought, they did open an ALDI in Westchase.
Anyone who's been to that ALDI would see all kinds of ghetto people mobbing that place.

Things that make you go hmmmmmmmmmmm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2019, 10:06 AM

2,729 posts, read 5,178,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinatras View Post
Well, on second thought, they did open an ALDI in Westchase.
Anyone who's been to that ALDI would see all kinds of ghetto people mobbing that place.

Things that make you go hmmmmmmmmmmm.

Have you been to that ALDI or you are just broad brushing? That place is as clean as publix and I don't see anyone resembling what you are mentioning. Just a while back you were saying that specific Aldi was fabulous...hmmmmm for that. Go with the flow much?

Back to the so called "uneducated" people that are turning it into ghetto, Westchase and 33626 still have one of the highest statistics of educated people than most zip codes in Tampa Bay area including families with post graduate degree. >98% have graduated from High school. Over 20% of people have master's or PhD. Of course, don't let facts get in the way .

Old 07-02-2019, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pragmaticus View Post
Have you been to that ALDI or you are just broad brushing? That place is as clean as publix and I don't see anyone resembling what you are mentioning. Just a while back you were saying that specific Aldi was fabulous...hmmmmm for that. Go with the flow much?

Back to the so called "uneducated" people that are turning it into ghetto, Westchase and 33626 still have one of the highest statistics of educated people than most zip codes in Tampa Bay area including families with post graduate degree. >98% have graduated from High school. Over 20% of people have master's or PhD. Of course, don't let facts get in the way .

I go to that ALDI all the time. It most certainly is not as clean as Publix (if there's one thing Publix does right, it's cleanliness)
It's also full of ghetto folks. The kinds of people you don't see at the nearby Costco, for example.

I never said ALDI isn't fabulous. It is!
I said (implied, really) that ALDI attracts a certain clientele, and maybe that's part of the reason why OP thinks Westchase is becoming ghetto. After all, why did ALDI put a store there?

A lot of ALDIs tend to be in certain ghetto-licious neighborhoods. Why would ALDI put a store in Westchase unless it knows it can attract lower income folks? I know that ALDI does attract higher incomes as well (me for example). But predominantly it attracts lower incomes. Aldi shoppers are generally lower income, ethnic/black and older age (over 60) with a monthly discretionary income of $120.

Let me know when you find an ALDI in Beverly Hills or Martha's Vineyard.

Last edited by sinatras; 07-02-2019 at 01:01 PM..

Old 07-02-2019, 01:46 PM

1,267 posts, read 1,074,020 times
Aldi you mean by Costco? That’s not in the actual WestChase neighborhood. I guess you need to tell them European chains to stop spreading ghetto grocery stores. Germain owned.

Old 07-02-2019, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjairo191 View Post
Aldi you mean by Costco? That’s not in the actual WestChase neighborhood. I guess you need to tell them European chains to stop spreading ghetto grocery stores. Germain owned.

OK well I guess Westchase is across the street? Like what? 50 feet?
That's Westchase to me.

And as far as Germany spreading ghetto grocery stores, I believe ALDI announced it is expanding to nearly 3000 stores in the USA by 2020.

Interestingly I have been emailing ALDI corporate for 10 years begging them to open a store in South Tampa, and they refuse. I guess South Tampa is not "ghetto" enough, but Westchase is? LOL!

Old 07-02-2019, 01:58 PM

Who cares about south Tampa. Pull up the crime report of soho and post it here. South of Gandy is south Tampa too.

Old 07-02-2019, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Who cares about south Tampa. Pull up the crime report of soho and post it here. South of Gandy is south Tampa too.

ALDI doesn't care about crime. There is plenty of crime in South Tampa.

ALDI cares about low income shoppers. Apparently there's more of those in Westchase and vicinity.

Old 07-02-2019, 02:16 PM

Well it’s off Sheldon and there are a lot of trailers, some I think 55 plus seniors on fixed income. So yes low income shoppers. But it’s Tampa and it’s known to be wealthy one street ghetto the next. That is Florida older cities. People from far out suburbs and other states complain about it.

Old 07-02-2019, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Well it’s off Sheldon and there are a lot of trailers, some I think 55 plus seniors on fixed income. So yes low income shoppers. But it’s Tampa and it’s known to be wealthy one street ghetto the next. That is Florida older cities. People from far out suburbs and other states complain about it.
Trailers? In Westchase? Where????

Old 07-02-2019, 04:17 PM

2,729 posts, read 5,178,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinatras View Post
I go to that ALDI all the time. It most certainly is not as clean as Publix (if there's one thing Publix does right, it's cleanliness)
It's also full of ghetto folks. The kinds of people you don't see at the nearby Costco, for example.

I never said ALDI isn't fabulous. It is!
I said (implied, really) that ALDI attracts a certain clientele, and maybe that's part of the reason why OP thinks Westchase is becoming ghetto. After all, why did ALDI put a store there?

A lot of ALDIs tend to be in certain ghetto-licious neighborhoods. Why would ALDI put a store in Westchase unless it knows it can attract lower income folks? I know that ALDI does attract higher incomes as well (me for example). But predominantly it attracts lower incomes. Aldi shoppers are generally lower income, ethnic/black and older age (over 60) with a monthly discretionary income of $120.

Let me know when you find an ALDI in Beverly Hills or Martha's Vineyard.
Again, you are talking in general here but above you said something else regarding that specific Aldi. If you really shop in that Aldi as you claim, it is no where near you describe it. I shop there too and I am high income earner and I see many like me. I call them value shoppers. What I save between Aldi and Costco covers a travel to abroad in a year. Half of the cars parked in Aldi are luxury cars, far from those you described above. Not that I care about what people drive but the customers are not what you are describing them to be. Not even close.

Back to the OP, I have seen nothing to suggest that Westchase is becoming ghetto and full of uneducated people as the OP claims. Period. Still a prime area and one of the most sought after to live in Tampa Bay with great schools. Sickle High just ranked top five in the whole Tampa Bay. Both Deer Park and Farnell Middle are top "A" rated schools with many parents very involved with their children education. I know because I am one of them. Hardly an indication a of neighborhood that is becoming ghetto. It is always easy to broad brush an area without any supporting facts.. Get the facts straight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay