U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2008, 08:11 PM

1 posts, read 2,043 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I hope to get some feedback.
I am moving to Tampa to start a new 6 months project (with possibility for extension). The location of the job is 600 Brooker Creek Blvd Oldsmar FL, I just arrived in Tampa on Sunday night to look for a place to live. From what I see it is located pretty much in the WestChase area. In Fort Myers I was leasing a brand new 3BR 2 car garage townhouse in gated community for $1150 for the last 1.5 years 4 miles from my job. I wasn't sure what to expect in Tampa for a similar place close to work.
Based on what I see my options are to go to a managed complex such as Arbors on Hillsborough or Lexington Park (since they offer attached car garage). I have looked at a few private rentals but they are older units and my girlfriend so loves our FOrt Myers place she prefers a new place here.

I am not sure I should look in places East of Westchase since the commute coming in might be long and with the only vehicle being a SUV it may just eat up the difference in price in gas. any suggestions for newer places with at least 2BR and 1 car garage? SHould I lower my expectations of rent being in the area of what I was paying in FOrt myers? I have to make a decision by the end of this week since I start next week or perhaps in the first week or two I can live in a hotel until I see something pop up.

Any suggestions on places, etc and things to look out for given the address I will be working?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay