Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2008, 04:42 PM

7 posts, read 20,161 times

Advertisements

My family has made the decision of moving back to Florida after a short time in Connecticut, however we are having a difficult time in deciding on an area. I grew up in Jacksonville and we both went to college in Tampa, so we are familiar with those areas. The issue arises in picking an area where we can have a comfortable lifestyle and ensure that our children receive a good education. As you can assume we are considering moving to Jacksonville and Tampa, and to further our options we have also brought Orlando into consideration. We would love opinions on what areas offer the best quality of life and what communities in these metro areas are the safest and have quality educations. Thank you for your help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2008, 06:06 PM

3,928 posts, read 11,596,703 times
MD, not sure how long ago you left, but most of the southern and northern areas of the county have exploded with growth. There are several large master planned communities and interspersed here and there are smaller neighborhoods. Of course, SoTa is still desireable to many and there's a relatively new development west of MacDill on the water. I'm in the Carrollwood area...been here since '85 and of course, I love it.

Maybe if you could tell us what your perfect neighborhood looks like, then we can reply with some options.

Old 04-16-2008, 05:49 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,183,403 times
What is your price range? How far a commute is acceptable. All these things need to be considered.

Old 04-16-2008, 07:05 AM

7 posts, read 20,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TampaKaren View Post
MD, not sure how long ago you left, but most of the southern and northern areas of the county have exploded with growth. There are several large master planned communities and interspersed here and there are smaller neighborhoods. Of course, SoTa is still desireable to many and there's a relatively new development west of MacDill on the water. I'm in the Carrollwood area...been here since '85 and of course, I love it.

Maybe if you could tell us what your perfect neighborhood looks like, then we can reply with some options.
We left in 2005 and lived in the fringes in Temple Terrace near Thonotosassa. This had a nice feel a little bit of country and a little small town, until the wind blew from the south (many cow pastures). The commute was okay since we didn't have to deal with I-75, but 301 was not that much better. My wife and I are just a little stressed trying to pin point an area thats not overly congested but still has good schools. With in an average commute of downtown of no more than 30-40 minutes.

We think we are looking to rent a place under $900, but are considering buying if we can find a good deal (under $125,000).

Old 07-17-2008, 01:21 PM

14 posts, read 42,153 times
Smile Thonotosassa

I don't know if you are still looking but you mentioned you were looking in Thonotosassa under $125,000. Well, if you are still looking I know a great house for sale in your price range. It's on a quiet cul du sac, has orange trees, car port, 3 bedrooms and a very cute home. You will love it. Check out the MLS T2310116. Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay