U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2019, 09:43 PM

65 posts, read 36,055 times

Advertisements

Just get a few light hoodies.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2019, 11:33 PM

35,316 posts, read 48,938,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by epiultra View Post
Im so scared to take the plunge but i gotta move from a divorce by next Saturday, i have lived in very safe places like Maui but i was bored outta my mind with no night life and every girl just visiting island so no meaningful relationship... so i guess safety cant be everything? Do you need a jacket at all in St Pete? I use to live in Destin FL and felt fine during day but as soon as night hit i was freezing! Even in April! Thin Blooded transient Floridian Lol
You are going to have difficulty attracting meaningful relationships in St Pete without a car, its going to be the rare woman who is going to be satisfied standing in sweltering heat at a bus stop waiting for a bus to go somewhere with you. Whats the aversion to cars all about.?

Old 08-18-2019, 07:42 AM

1,893 posts, read 879,176 times
Find a wealthy single woman from Vinoy in one of those fancy high rise million dollar condos with a view if the marina to see if she needs someone to drive her around in her Bentley.

I think 4th and 6th is probably the best place if you can get immediately downtown. Those places go for half million plus.....

Old 08-18-2019, 11:24 AM

1,893 posts, read 879,176 times
You can take advantage of the free Looper that runs through the downtown area throughout the day.

https://www.psta.net/riding-psta/st-...wntown-looper/

Down here in STP today, lots of homeless on the benches. Sad to see. Be prepared.

Old 08-19-2019, 11:10 AM

35 posts, read 30,046 times
Ill get a car but problem is i know it takes so long to get official proof of address change from usps that i wont be able to register a car there for about a month until i can get a place of residence and get a license switched over. I cant buy a florida car with an out of state license and register it in Florida. Takes awhile to change license over with all the residency proof they demand.

Old 08-20-2019, 03:30 AM

35,316 posts, read 48,938,032 times
Quote:
Ill get a car but problem is i know it takes so long to get official proof of address change from usps that i wont be able to register a car there for about a month until i can get a place of residence and get a license switched over. I cant buy a florida car with an out of state license and register it in Florida. Takes awhile to change license over with all the residency proof they demand.
Every person migrating to Florida has to go through the same bureacratic bs,takes a while but you will eventually be a full fledged Florida resident with all necessary documentation.first get the apartment,then the job,then Florida drivers license,then a car.

Old 08-20-2019, 04:07 AM

220 posts, read 192,479 times
Quote:
You have been given false information.

You can do all of the above with an out-of-state license, including getting Florida auto insurance, buying a car, and getting it registered in this state.

-Or if you'd prefer getting a Florida driver license first (not that you'd need it)-

You can get a Florida driver license with little proof of residence: You could pull out a postmarked junk flyer from the mailbox, take it with you to the DMV (along with your REAL-ID compliant identity documents), and use form HSMV 71120 Certification of Address as the second "proof" of address.

The above "REAL-ID" checklist includes only an abbreviated list of what can be used for proof of residential address...A postmarked piece of mail (from anywhere) also meets the state requirement. It doesn't even have to have your name on it.

But don't take my word for it...Try it there yourself.

Last edited by Ft Laud Guy; 08-20-2019 at 04:20 AM..

Old 08-20-2019, 06:26 AM

7,150 posts, read 4,499,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ft Laud Guy View Post

You can do all of the above with an out-of-state license, including getting Florida auto insurance, buying a car, and getting it registered in this state.

-Or if you'd prefer getting a Florida driver license first (not that you'd need it)-

You can get a Florida driver license with little proof of residence: You could pull out a postmarked junk flyer from the mailbox, take it with you to the DMV (along with your REAL-ID compliant identity documents), and use form HSMV 71120 Certification of Address as the second "proof" of address.

The above "REAL-ID" checklist includes only an abbreviated list of what can be used for proof of residential address...A postmarked piece of mail (from anywhere) also meets the state requirement. It doesn't even have to have your name on it.

Do not listen to this unless you are prepared to commit fraud with a state government.

Old 08-20-2019, 07:26 PM

220 posts, read 192,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ft Laud Guy View Post

Do not listen to this unless you are prepared to commit fraud with a state government.
What bit of information in my post do you consider to be committing "fraud"?

Old 08-30-2019, 12:52 PM

35 posts, read 30,046 times
UPDATE: i found a nice couple i can rent from off Kipling Plaza on Clearwater Beach Island, only a mile and a half from where id likely work near pier, but since i still wont have car is there plenty of public places i can take take shelter if say a lightning storm came up while on my way walking home or to work?? Do those storms ever happen early in morning like before 8:30am? Thanks! This is a great opportunity i dont wanna blow but i still have this big fear of getting zapped since i will be walking always (the trolley doesnt start til after 9 so that doesnt help with work.) Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay