Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 04:22 PM

9 posts, read 81,066 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I need help with locations to look for an apartment. I am moving from Reading, PA to Tampa, Fl and I want to make sure its the right decision. Since I am not familiar with Tampa, I don't know what towns to look for apartments and which ones to avoid. any help?

any suggestion or comments to help me with my move to tampa would help!

Thanks,
Linda
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2008, 07:37 PM

5 posts, read 16,676 times
I'm in the process of moving as well, and while I don't advice on what apartments to look for or not to look for, I will say that in my research and visits thus far, it seems that when you are looking at places like apartmentratings.com and citysearch, you have to understand that most people are writing because they are mad about something. Think about the last time that you were happy with your apartment and went to your computer because you wanted to share with people you didn't know. And then think about when you are angry with something what you want to do.

Also, I'm a young professional moving to teach in Tampa and have been guided to the South Tampa/Soho/Hyde Park area. I'm headed down this weekend to research a bunch of different places in those areas and the Rocky Point area and will report back with my findings as it seems that there are more questions than answers on those areas!

Good luck!

Old 04-16-2008, 07:52 PM

2,539 posts, read 4,085,214 times
It depends where you going to work. That will be the key factor for you.

Old 04-17-2008, 01:25 PM

mwed102:

Thanks so much for replying... I haven't looked for any apartments yet but about to start. I just don't know any of the locations down there and have no clue what is a good area and whats a bad area... You know (the ghetto)... that is what i am trying to avoid.

When you find the info let me know! thanks again for replying...

Linda

Old 04-17-2008, 04:38 PM

13,768 posts, read 38,181,103 times
If you tell us where you are going to be working we can recommend an area. You don't want to live in Tampa Palms and work in S. Tampa for example unless you don't mind an hour plus commute.

Old 04-17-2008, 04:44 PM

94 posts, read 367,887 times
God what is it with newbie posters?? We need to know age, interests, income/budget where you'll be working etc to provide decent feedback

Old 04-17-2008, 05:46 PM

Default REply

LoL!

I don't have job lined up! If I did I would of indicated it. I am attending school near the airport. So, sorry maybe I should of indicated that.

anyway, I am looking for apartment and jobs near the international academy design and technology school.

any suggestions and comments would help!

sorry again I didn't indicate that!

Linda

Old 04-17-2008, 05:57 PM

Sorry if i sounded like i had attitude. I might be new in this forum but I do know what i am doing. I just forgot to indicate the reason i am moving down there. LOL! but thanks for everyone who is trying to help me.

Thanks,
Linda

p.s. Looking for a nice area to move to near the airport (for school) don't have a job yet!. I am willing to drive half hour but nothing more. I just don't want to look for apartments near the bad areas and since i do know the area at all... I don't know anything about tampa or florida.

thanks again,
Linda

Old 04-18-2008, 06:50 PM

13,768 posts, read 38,181,103 times
There are a couple of nice apts on Memorial hwy, close to ITT. There is one on the right side (going towards Hillsborough) of Memorial at Kelly that at one time was pretty rough as far as tenants. It could be better now.. I don't remember the name but they change those too. I wouldn't look north on Sheldon which is what memorial becomes at Hillsborough. Check out these..

Zip Code: 33615 Apartments for Rent - Find Zip Code: 33615, FL Apartment Rentals

Old 04-18-2008, 08:58 PM

3,928 posts, read 11,595,928 times
Post Rocky Point is nice, too ---> Apartments for Rent - Nationwide Luxury Apartments - Post Properties Apartment Locator
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay