Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2019, 06:31 PM

402 posts, read 369,584 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MortonR View Post
With $140k bank approval?

Where are there $140k homes in Wesley Chapel?

RM
Missed that purchase price range...oops
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2019, 08:14 PM

5,977 posts, read 7,373,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadedWest2020 View Post
Missed that purchase price range...oops
Heh. I figured that might be the case...

I can't think of anywhere in Hillsborough County I would live that has $140k homes. Maybe Polk has something decent in that range, I don't know.

RM

Old 12-10-2019, 05:28 AM

4,477 posts, read 3,847,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Allnut View Post
Is this the new criteria? How sad. My neighbor (opposite ideology) and I enjoy debating politics for it provides for greater understanding. That is how America works, otherwise you end up with group-think.
Well, if you are a militant conservative, wouldn't it bother you to have to drive past "Impeach Trump," "Dump Trump," "Black Lives Matter" lawn signs every day in your own neighborhood? Or if you are a militant liberal, the opposite ("Trump 2020" etc.)?

Old 12-10-2019, 07:25 AM

14 posts, read 17,851 times
Thank you everyone for taking the time to help. I'll do some more research today and see what the Polk county area has to offer. I found several last night in Lakeland for around $125 that were decent. Mostly they need something in a safe area, and hopefully with major things like the roof and AC system in good condition. Fixing things up inside is not a big deal. I know $140k isn't a lot, but considering the median age for first time home buyers is like 36, they're doing pretty well buying a house at 26. I think the Tampa area will be great for them. In Charlotte, there's not a whole lot to do besides the bar scene, and they're not into that. Down there, they have a lot of options for fun things to do on days off.

Old 12-10-2019, 08:16 AM

17,533 posts, read 39,121,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastcoastElizabeth View Post
Thank you everyone for taking the time to help. I'll do some more research today and see what the Polk county area has to offer. I found several last night in Lakeland for around $125 that were decent. Mostly they need something in a safe area, and hopefully with major things like the roof and AC system in good condition. Fixing things up inside is not a big deal. I know $140k isn't a lot, but considering the median age for first time home buyers is like 36, they're doing pretty well buying a house at 26. I think the Tampa area will be great for them. In Charlotte, there's not a whole lot to do besides the bar scene, and they're not into that. Down there, they have a lot of options for fun things to do on days off.
Find a good realtor in Lakeland - they can find you the best deals. PM me if you need a name, I know a fantastic realtor who I have used to purchase our property. Look into properties in 33803 and 33813 zip codes. Not saying you can't find things in other zips, but to me, overall these are the best. There ARE properties in your price range, but yes at that price point they will be smaller and/or need some TLC.

Good luck!

Old 12-10-2019, 11:16 AM

417 posts, read 267,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinatras View Post
Well, if you are a militant conservative, wouldn't it bother you to have to drive past "Impeach Trump," "Dump Trump," "Black Lives Matter" lawn signs every day in your own neighborhood? Or if you are a militant liberal, the opposite ("Trump 2020" etc.)?
What the heck is a "militant conservative"? "militant liberal"?

I don't see "Black Lives Matter" or "Trump 2020" signage/clothing as "militant".
Now , the Nazis & Antifa, that is militant.

But how much are real "militants" prevalent in a specific Tampa Bay area? Now granted, the Villages are more conservative and Gulfport leans liberal, but I would not classify either as "militant".

Old 12-10-2019, 11:40 AM

4,477 posts, read 3,847,143 times
Quote:
What the heck is a "militant conservative"? "militant liberal"?

I don't see "Black Lives Matter" or "Trump 2020" signage/clothing as "militant".
Now , the Nazis & Antifa, that is militant.

But how much are real "militants" prevalent in a specific Tampa Bay area? Now granted, the Villages are more conservative and Gulfport leans liberal, but I would not classify either as "militant".
OK forget the word militant. How about "passionate conservative" or "passionate liberal"? You would have to be passionate in order to put anti-Trump or pro-Trump signs on your lawn.

Old 12-10-2019, 12:57 PM

417 posts, read 267,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinatras View Post
OK forget the word militant. How about "passionate conservative" or "passionate liberal"? You would have to be passionate in order to put anti-Trump or pro-Trump signs on your lawn.
There you go

Reminds me of a car pool I was riding to work back 2016. One driver had a "Lock her Up" bumper sticker while the other driver had a "Clinton-Kaine 2016" bumper sticker.
I always made sure to ride in the back seat.

Old 12-13-2019, 01:07 PM

2,729 posts, read 5,201,862 times
Yup. Lakeland is the way to go. Make sure they figure drive time to work though. Need to check at peak hour and see of they would tolerate day-in day-out.

Old 12-13-2019, 07:09 PM

3,177 posts, read 6,822,612 times
Quote:
There you go

Reminds me of a car pool I was riding to work back 2016. One driver had a "Lock her Up" bumper sticker while the other driver had a "Clinton-Kaine 2016" bumper sticker.
I always made sure to ride in the back seat.

I made settlement on my house on Election Day 2012. I found the yard signs in my neighborhood to be quite helpful...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay