U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 07:05 PM

4,948 posts, read 16,519,170 times

Advertisements

florida is a resort place, no income tax-however that does not make for cheap living.
rents, try going to the publix and getting out without paying 60 plus for what?
it is real nice to have nice warm weather, but then comes summer- think it over
b4 you move,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2008, 11:22 AM

717 posts, read 605,820 times
Can anyone speak for salaries/bonuses in the finance industry? Do the Broker Dealers and Banks pay close to average or are those wages low as well?

Old 04-25-2008, 11:32 AM

1,824 posts, read 7,625,809 times
I work in the Financial Serices induatry and commision schedules for Broker Dealer/Producers/Reps are the same throughout the country for my company.
Now the back office and support associates salaries are paid according to Geography...Tampa is #2(same level as Atlanta, Dallas, Charlotte) on a 4 level sale with #4 being New York City/San Fransisco. Keep in mind this is for my company.

Old 04-27-2008, 07:39 PM

76 posts, read 302,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by divaluv13 View Post
Why are the wages so low in tampa, fl? I live in PA, and wages are more up here? I want to move to florida but now rethinking about it! I would hate to move to a place that pays less for what you do!
Because the cost of living is lower in FL than in PA.

Old 05-03-2008, 11:12 AM

123 posts, read 318,814 times
Cost of living lower in Florida ?. Costs the same high price for a gallon of gas as up north and food is going the same way. Housing is very expensive, so how can you say Florida is cheaper. Ther are jobs but only in certain sectors otherwise medical and service industry ads mostly posted. With the cost of health premiums rising these past few years also the price of college, this is sending us into a spiral that may take 10 years to bounce back out of.

Old 05-03-2008, 12:21 PM

387 posts, read 1,442,397 times
The price of college? Is that a joke?

The SUS of Florida needs to raise cost of tuition immediately. We've had one of the cheapest tuition prices in the entire country. It's hurting.

Old 05-03-2008, 01:07 PM

8 posts, read 22,937 times
You will need to be more specific for anyone to understand what you mean. I moved here from Pennsylvania because the wages were higher in Tampa Bay, and there were more better-paying jobs than in NE PA. In addition, housing was less and taxes were lower. PA property taxes were ludicrous. Makes me laugh at people who complain here. In general, the economy is better here, I believe.

Cindy

Old 05-03-2008, 01:45 PM

8 posts, read 22,937 times
I know, mg83 - a lot of these complaints are a mystery to me. I decided to get a master's here because the tuition was so low. Salaries were higher than where I was in PA, and housing was lower. Salaries were not as high as when I lived in NYC, but housing was *way, way, way* lower.

Cindy

Old 05-03-2008, 02:34 PM

1,404 posts, read 5,143,514 times
It's all the same, you get paid more somewhere else but you pay out more. My job, as an assistant property manager wouldn't get me very much more anywhere else. I have looked from NYC to Utah and they pay is the same or less. I think it also depends on what you do.

Old 05-03-2008, 06:51 PM

123 posts, read 318,814 times
Florida Colleges are supposed to be raising tuition this fall by 7 %. Legislators just put out a new budget plan w/many cuts to schools and State run facilities. Teachers are to get a 2% cut in pay and axilliary staff layed off or hours reduced.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or