Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2020, 06:51 PM

413 posts, read 209,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MortonR View Post
Maybe they were on the wrong side of the "isle" (I think they meant "aisle").

RM
Yes, but that is what happens with talk to text.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2020, 04:51 PM

1,040 posts, read 1,019,578 times
Notice how DeSantis has suddenly started calling it "re-employment" benefits instead of unemployment. You think there was some coaching / lobbying going on behind the scenes? He was on C-SPAN today using that word "re-employment" multiple times.

That same word was also used by Rick Scott as a way to begrudge and deride those who were unemployed.

Old 04-17-2020, 04:52 PM

1,040 posts, read 1,019,578 times
So DeSantis has fired Ken Lawson now. The way this went down reeked of a staged, rehearsed dog-and-pony show to make it look like something's getting done. This Ken Lawson guy is making his rounds. Be interesting to see where he winds up next. He used to be the head of the DBPR, and anyone whose ever had to deal with the DBPR knows full well what an inept incompetent organization they are. Meanwhile, Lawson used to get up and give speeches about how the DBPR was doing great and everything was fine, serving Floridians, bla bla bla. What an aloof fool is he is.

Old 04-23-2020, 12:29 PM

48 posts, read 34,601 times
For the fear mongers so happily excited to plunge the whole world into a depression that will kill untold millions due to supply chains, and economies collapsing.

https://thehill.com/opinion/healthca...otal-isolation

The recent Stanford University antibody study now estimates that the fatality rate if infected is likely ***0.1 to 0.2 percent***, a risk far lower than previous World Health Organization estimates that were 20 to 30 times higher and that motivated isolation policies.

The official numbers are obviously higher because there is no widespread testing infected numbers should be much much higher if say everyone was tested.

Last edited by jjjeee3333; 04-23-2020 at 12:40 PM..

Old 04-23-2020, 06:07 PM

185 posts, read 170,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjjeee3333 View Post
For the fear mongers so happily excited to plunge the whole world into a depression that will kill untold millions due to supply chains, and economies collapsing.

https://thehill.com/opinion/healthca...otal-isolation

The recent Stanford University antibody study now estimates that the fatality rate if infected is likely ***0.1 to 0.2 percent***, a risk far lower than previous World Health Organization estimates that were 20 to 30 times higher and that motivated isolation policies.

The official numbers are obviously higher because there is no widespread testing infected numbers should be much much higher if say everyone was tested.

That's the opinion of a radiologist working at the conservation Hoover Institute.

I'll continue to get my advice from non-political medical experts in this field.

Please continue to be safe. If not for you then for your friends and family and the rest of us.

Old 04-25-2020, 10:44 AM

48 posts, read 34,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYmikef View Post
That's the opinion of a radiologist working at the conservation Hoover Institute.

I'll continue to get my advice from non-political medical experts in this field.

Please continue to be safe. If not for you then for your friends and family and the rest of us.
Yeah I don't see anyone, whenever I go out I stay far away from people especially the elderly, but this should of been handled better where it didn't utterly destroy a highly leveraged global economy.

The stay at home orders should of been recommendations for say the 50+ age bracket.

And it's not based on opinions these are official numbers directly from NYC:

"In New York City, an epicenter of the pandemic with more than one-third of all U.S. deaths, the rate of death for people 18 to 45 years old is 0.01 percent, or 11 per 100,000 in the population. On the other hand, people aged 75 and over have a death rate 80 times that. For people under 18 years old, the rate of death is zero per 100,000. "

18-45 years old .01 death rate....
Also the 75 year olds + 90%+ had pre existing conditions....

With that said majority of the elderly already have pre-existing conditions so stay away from them, or anyone with any sort of serious medical condition.

The amount of people that will die from dire economic circumstances, and supply chain disruptions globally will be nothing compared to the virus itself.

Old 04-29-2020, 05:47 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,736,758 times
When elective surgeries which was today explained by Governor DeSantis as “scheduled surgeries” and not just cosmetic surgeries as some people seem to think, that will help people to have a better quality and most likely less risks to get more health issues.

I’m glad we are heading into phase 1 and hope we can soon go to phase 2.

Old 04-29-2020, 07:34 PM

5,977 posts, read 7,373,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
When elective surgeries which was today explained by Governor DeSantis as “scheduled surgeries” and not just cosmetic surgeries as some people seem to think, that will help people to have a better quality and most likely less risks to get more health issues.

I’m glad we are heading into phase 1 and hope we can soon go to phase 2.
Since you're in the thick of it, so to speak, could you speak to what's going on in the real estate market?

Even with proper precautions, are people still looking at houses? Are sales being closed, or COVID related issues causing deals to fall through?

I'm doing a refinance right now, and the lender notified us today that they will verify employment 24 hours prior to closing and have given us a questionnaire we have to fill out no more than five days prior to closing with all sorts of COVID related questions that threatens Federal fines and such if we misrepresent anything on it.

RM

Old 04-30-2020, 04:36 AM

10,951 posts, read 3,692,815 times
De Santis Florida will start to reopen May 4, but for now Miami-Dade and two other counties won't be included.

They are Broward, Miami-Dade and Palm Beach counties, which account for about 6.2 million of Florida's residents, according to US Census data.

We can wait, I rather be late to the party, than DEAD --- Here in SE Florida !!!!

(If you're driving to the Keys it will be nice open roads and light trafic all the way to Florida City)

Old 05-01-2020, 09:40 AM

834 posts, read 528,603 times
DeSantis made a fool of himself in yesterday's address. Saying that nobody under 25 has died from COVID is as irresponsible as anything Trump has said on that matter, which is no small feat. Hopefully neither will be re-elected.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay