U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 09:02 AM

3 posts, read 5,701 times

Advertisements

Just curious, what area did you decide on? Let us know if you need anything.

Tony
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2008, 09:36 AM
P+N P+N started this thread

19 posts, read 47,935 times
We're still looking around...from TN. I think once we start making our visits we're going to initially concentrate on the Carrollwood and Lutz areas. We're certainly open to looking at more, but those seem to receive the most positive feedback from what I've read on this forum.

Old 06-21-2008, 01:18 PM

10 posts, read 9,530 times
Talking I live in Lutz

Hi there. My family lives in Lutz and we really like it here. Strangely, my family is planning to move to TN.
If you need a place close to everything, including the interstates, top schools, and many things being built around here, then Lutz is for you.
We live in a small community hidden away, but really in the mix of things.
If you're interested in our area, let me know.

Moderator cut: link

Last edited by Keeper; 06-21-2008 at 04:49 PM.. Reason: send link via Direct message

Old 07-03-2008, 07:28 AM

4 posts, read 10,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Chick View Post
Wow, why the negativity? Have you ever spent time in the boring state of Tennessee?
Thanks for your reply!!

I'm not sure what part of my post is negative; No intent on bashing the area at all. I've lived here since 1978. Grew up on Indian Shores, Snell Isle, Safety Harbor and now Wesley Chapel. I've also spent 15 years traveling back and forth to TN and love what it offers too. Two different worlds but each has it's own unique beauty!

Old 07-03-2008, 02:24 PM

126 posts, read 474,510 times
Plant City reminds me of the small towns in Tennessee, Kentucky & Texas. (I'm from Ky - husband from Texas.) They've had a lot of growth lately. You still have to watch for gang crime and illegal aliens who don't drive very well out in that end of the county, though. But don't forget the positives - such as fresh produce, the Strawberry festival (when N'ville comes to Plant City), weekend Bluegrass music, great barbecue at Grandpa Johnson's, a quaint downtown, etc.

We live in Valrico, and on weekends, we go to Plant City more than anywhere else around here!

Old 07-04-2008, 10:31 AM
BGF

57 posts, read 188,088 times
Have you seen the bungalows in Tampa Heights and Riverside Heights? Don't know about the schools, but the houses are all $150-$250k. The ones in the higher price range have all been completely renovated.

Old 07-16-2008, 05:22 PM

21 posts, read 57,827 times
Yes, I am from Franklin and pondering a move to Tampa. After researching Tampa and the surrounding areas, the word is crime is high, property tax is outrageous, and homeowners insurance will run about 2K per year. Now, I am reconsidering and really do not want to go and face a crime stricken area. Anyway, Nashville is a nice little big city. If you are into country music, it is good; otherwise, it is boring. Franklin is a foo-foo town. Everyone wants to keep up with the Jones' and go in debt trying. Good luck with your move.

Old 07-16-2008, 10:03 PM

598 posts, read 2,034,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Chick View Post

If you want to see a culture shock, move from Florida to hills of Tenn.
Tennessee is pretty but that is it, they have all the crime, problems, traffic, etc that Florida has and they have the cold winters ontop of that.
Exactly what part of the TN hills are you talking about that have all the same crime, traffic etc as Florida?... 'cause I was just up there recently and there was NO part of the TN hills that was ANYTHING like Florida in the least bit!! Traffic? Crime? LMAO You're making this stuff up! Funny

Old 07-17-2008, 08:51 AM

436 posts, read 1,211,779 times
My son recently visited Tennessee on vacation. He spent 3 weeks visiting several areas for a possible move. He said that Tennesse was beautiful but couldn't believe the poverty. Almost everywhere he went he encountered beggars on the street. He said there were many subdivisions where the wealthy lived, but where regular folks lived, the poverty was high. When talking with the locals, he discovered that while it is cheaper to buy a home, it is not necessarily cheaper to live there, plus there is a serious lack of jobs. Tennessee, like Florida, has to be researched before a move. You can't compare apples to oranges, except to say you enjoy one more than another. All of our states have something wonderful to offer, but will have their less than desireable areas as well. That is another reason why moving is so darn stressful!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or