Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 06:05 PM

7,924 posts, read 9,148,359 times

Advertisements

I'm looking into the Trinity area, but my friend who lives there discourages me from looking at anything except what he calls the "true" Trinity, especially Fox Hollow.
How are the other developments? I'm seeing nice priced (much cheaper than Trinity "proper") homes in Deer Park, Riverchase, Hunting Creek, and Trinity Oaks. Any opinions on these or other developments in the area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2008, 02:09 PM

11 posts, read 31,193 times
Default I love Trinity

As a Foxwood resident, I am a little bias, but it is a great neighborhood to live in for me and my family. I guess it ultimatly depends on what you find important in a neighborhood. There are several great neighborhoods in the area, and the best way to see which one is for you is to go exploring on a weekend and see who is out and about, and talk to residents.

Antony Francis, Realtor

Old 08-04-2008, 06:06 PM

849 posts, read 2,921,974 times
Trinity Oaks is very nice. Foxwood as well. To be honest, the whole Trinity area is a win/win area. I only know of one Deer Park, and I wouldn't say that is comparable to Trinity. Though it isn't bad, the homes are older and the neighborhood there is not as nice. I live in Trinity, and have to say you're not going to make a bad choice in any of the areas here.

Old 08-05-2008, 03:03 PM

26 posts, read 84,257 times
Thousand Oaks is nice too!

Really most of the 34655 New Port Richey area code is nice with the vanity name being "Trinity".

Old 08-06-2008, 07:50 AM

91 posts, read 363,610 times
My family and I live in Land O'Lakes...in Ballantrae, about 10 minutes driving distance, maybe 3 to 4 miles up the road from Trinity, and we really like the neighborhoods, and shopping plazas. Very clean, and well kept. Seems safe. I think it would be a great place to live, although, I have heard that the school system is so so. The school system in Land O'Lakes received 'A's,' and I have been pretty happy overall with my kids classes, and the football team seems to be very organized for my son.

I think though that Trinity would be great place to live--I have decided to start seeing doctors out that way more, as the drive is much more pleasant, than making a left onto SR 54, and heading out to New Tampa or Wesley Chapel for everything.

Good luck to you!

Old 08-06-2008, 11:51 AM

26 posts, read 84,257 times
The Trinity area of unincorporated Pasco County/New Port Richey (Zip 34655) has one of the highest concentrations of "A" Schools in the county. I believe both Land O Lakes High and Mitchell High were both rated "B" schools this year.

Longleaf Elementary - A
Trinity Elementary - A
Deer Park Elementary - A
Trinity Oaks Elementary - A
Seven Springs Middle - A

Trinity does have access to great shopping options too. Living in the area one can easily access both N Pinellas beaches and shopping as well as N Tampa/Citrus Park & New Tampa Wesley Chapel area. Also, most of the major chain stores (Dillard's, Macy's, Sears, JC Penney, Kohl's, Jo Ann, Best Buy, Bed, Bath & Beyond, Linens-n-Things, Michaels', Toys 'R' Us, Circuity City, Pier 1 (2), Sports Authority, Office Depot) and chain restaurants (Olive Garden, Cracker Barrel, Outback (2), Longhorn, Red Lobster, Carrabbas, Giordano's, Ruby Tuesday, Chilis (2), Panera (2), Starbucks (4 - plus Target stores) are located in Port Richey and New Port Richey.

There really is a sense of place in Downtown New Port Richey. Hopefully, they can create that for the Trinity area as well. Perhaps the Trinity Town Center will do that if it ever gets finished.

Last edited by LeoLad; 08-06-2008 at 12:13 PM..

Old 08-06-2008, 03:15 PM

89 posts, read 345,415 times
I have to say that when we were moving to Florida from New York we really centered around the Trinity area and we loved it. Then we went a little bit further down the road (54) to Odessa and feel in love with Ivy Lake Estates. There is more property, closer to the Suncoast and shopping right down the street. Trinity is a 5 minute drive. If you're down just check it out. The pricing now would enable you to get a really nice house, bigger too, then alot of homes in Trinity and for the same amount of money.

Best of luck!

Old 08-07-2008, 12:45 AM

807 posts, read 3,186,407 times
Due to my familiarity with the quality of the homes in Riverchase...I would NOT buy one. Check out the neighborhoods and see what 'fits' you. At the end of the day, your friend isn't paying for your home so get what you like.

Old 08-08-2008, 07:23 PM

3,928 posts, read 11,598,364 times
I agree that Fox Hollow is a really nice development, but it's also expensive compared to surrounding communities. Avid golfers are willing to pay a premium to live near "The Fox." I don't know if this is the real truth, but I was told before the development that Trinity was so named because it's at the corner of three counties (Pinellas, Pasco & Hillsborough). Were I you, I'd research the taxes and insurance and let that help guide me. One side of the street may be in one county and vice versa. Builders and building quality create price differences as well.

Old 11-21-2008, 02:21 PM

32 posts, read 74,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoLad View Post
Thousand Oaks is nice too!

Really most of the 34655 New Port Richey area code is nice with the vanity name being "Trinity".

I live in Thousand Oaks and my drivers license address says Trinity, not NPR. It will become a city unto itself soon
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay