Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2008, 12:39 PM

17 posts, read 122,299 times

Advertisements

Which area has more jobs Tampa/St. Pete or Miami? I am a Human Resource Professional. But have also worked in Guest Relations for a major Hotel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2008, 08:44 AM

29 posts, read 122,698 times
I would go with Tampa over St. Pete for employment opportunities. Hotels in St. Pete are downright depressing and on the lower end of hotel chains. Tampa has a new Intercontinental Hotel in the Westshore/Airport area, so you may want to check out employment opportunities there. In addition, Tampa has better hotels overall, Grand Hyatt, Westin, Renaissance, etc.
Are you single or do you have a family? If you have a family I personally would avoid Pinellas county schools(St. Pete) since they have changed their policies regarding school choice. You may live in an excellent neighborhood with excellent schools but your child would have to be bussed to an inferior school in an inferior neighborhood if the school is at capacity. Hillsborough county has some wonderful public schools, particularly in the Lutz & Westchase area.
Perhaps if you provide more information regarding your lifestyle and needs, others may be able to post some information relevant to you.
Good luck in your search.

Old 05-06-2008, 09:46 AM

17 posts, read 122,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mammaluna View Post
I would go with Tampa over St. Pete for employment opportunities. Hotels in St. Pete are downright depressing and on the lower end of hotel chains. Tampa has a new Intercontinental Hotel in the Westshore/Airport area, so you may want to check out employment opportunities there. In addition, Tampa has better hotels overall, Grand Hyatt, Westin, Renaissance, etc.
Are you single or do you have a family? If you have a family I personally would avoid Pinellas county schools(St. Pete) since they have changed their policies regarding school choice. You may live in an excellent neighborhood with excellent schools but your child would have to be bussed to an inferior school in an inferior neighborhood if the school is at capacity. Hillsborough county has some wonderful public schools, particularly in the Lutz & Westchase area.
Perhaps if you provide more information regarding your lifestyle and needs, others may be able to post some information relevant to you.
Good luck in your search.
I am single white male and im moving there alone. I'm currently looking for an apartment/ job in the Tampa, St. Peter, Largo, Clearwater area. I would prefer to live close to the beach (no more then 10 miles) but not be to far from the majority of jobs in Tampa.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay