Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2012, 05:06 PM

3 posts, read 6,590 times

Advertisements

Hello,

Any good recommendations for apartments in the Westchase/Citrus Park area? There is a strong possibility I will be accepting a job position near the Citrus Park Town Center Mall. I will probably be working long hours in addition to educational requirements I am required to fulfill, so a short commute to/from work would be preferred.

I am a single male in my early 30's. While my job will probably occupy most of time, I would still like to live in an area that provides for even a little bit of an active social life (restaurants, bars, pubs, intramurals,etc.)

In terms of the apartment, I will be looking for a 2/2, preferably with washer/dryer, in a safe area. My budget will probably max at 1500/month.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2012, 01:13 PM

3,928 posts, read 11,599,672 times
You shouldn't have any problem locating what you're looking for within your budget. Here's the first one that came to my mind--> West Park Village | Apartments in Tampa Florida | 813-792-5330

Old 12-20-2012, 01:27 PM

2 posts, read 3,624 times
Great area - Camden at Westchase is new, Tuscany Bay in Westchase is great too. Upper Tampa Bay library is w/in 1/8 mile of both. Bike trails, Wendy's, McDonalds, Starbucks, CVS, Wags, Publix, Sweetbay, Five Guys, gas, two Chinese restaurants w/in 1/2 miles of each. Horse track, Lowes, Cracker Barrel, huge weekend flea market, WalMart, within four miles. Perhaps the best area in Tampa-St. Pete area. Central to everything! Been here for eight years and can't think of a better place to move to in the Bay area. Also, out of the storm evacuaton zone.

Old 12-21-2012, 08:58 AM

3 posts, read 6,590 times
Thank you both for your suggestions. I will look into both of them.

As an aside, I happened to glance at the thread about the Camden Apartment ruining Westchase. It's unfortunate the opinion some people have about "those type of people" that rent there.

Old 12-21-2012, 09:18 AM

315 posts, read 652,089 times
Its ok bro, renters dont pay the CCD fees we do, and its not just a sentiment on the internet; talk to homeowners in the area and they will tell you (some more ballsy than others). Point is, you spend all this money to live in a nice area and pay taxes and fees ontop of HOA then some corporation comes in and basically ensures that your homes value will platueu because they want to make a buck, then when the complex turns into crap the community is left to pick up the pieces just like the housing bust.

Old 12-21-2012, 02:39 PM

1,613 posts, read 3,238,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadtrip75 View Post
Then why are you insisting on paying extra money to live in Westchase? Go live in one of the nearby neighborhoods that have a lot of affordable apartments. Try Town & Country or west of Veterans Expressway. You'll save money and at the same time you will get to interact daily with the people you are defending.

Do come back and share with us your experiences.
I think you misunderstood what he said, If im correct, hes saying that its a shame that the other members of westchase look down on the renters there.

Just an FYI, One of our friends just moved into the camden apartments in westchase off of countryway. There very nice but not the cheapest in the world.. I will add that he is a fire fighter with the city of tampa and his wife is almost done with school to be a teacher, these sure would be TERRIBLE people to have living in your community arent they???? /sarcasm.

Old 12-21-2012, 03:48 PM

6,617 posts, read 5,007,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Tim Tim View Post
I think you misunderstood what he said, If im correct, hes saying that its a shame that the other members of westchase look down on the renters there.

Just an FYI, One of our friends just moved into the camden apartments in westchase off of countryway. There very nice but not the cheapest in the world.. I will add that he is a fire fighter with the city of tampa and his wife is almost done with school to be a teacher, these sure would be TERRIBLE people to have living in your community arent they???? /sarcasm.
He knows exactly what the poster was talking about, when he says those people he refers to renters.

Old 12-21-2012, 04:47 PM

2,006 posts, read 3,318,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Tim Tim View Post
I think you misunderstood what he said
You are the one who misunderstands, as can be seen from this:

Quote:
One of our friends just moved into the camden apartments in westchase
Nobody complained about the current renters at Camden. As was made abundantly clear in the thread, the objection is that apartments get run down over time and the leasing company eventually starts dropping its standards.

Why did your friends pay extra to live in Westchase instead of cheaper neighborhoods that are nearby? To get away from the people who live in those cheaper neighborhoods.

Old 12-21-2012, 05:43 PM

2,729 posts, read 5,201,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadtrip75 View Post
You are the one who misunderstands, as can be seen from this:

Nobody complained about the current renters at Camden. As was made abundantly clear in the thread, the objection is that apartments get run down over time and the leasing company eventually starts dropping its standards.

Why did your friends pay extra to live in Westchase instead of cheaper neighborhoods that are nearby? To get away from the people who live in those cheaper neighborhoods.
When is your crystal ball saying that "tomorrow's bad renter" are going to move? It will help me to get prepared to move out in time.

Old 12-21-2012, 10:37 PM

2,006 posts, read 3,318,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInDenudinFL View Post
When is your crystal ball saying that "tomorrow's bad renter" are going to move? It will help me to get prepared to move out in time.
According to Greatschools.org, 25% of students at Dunedin High School are eligible for free lunch, compared to the state average of 46%.

You've done a decent job of insulating yourself from the problems that you are pretending don't exist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay