Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 11:40 AM

2 posts, read 9,829 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone,

I am a junior in high school, and I am currently living in Canada, just north of Toronto. I am really looking to get into USF and go into their Marketing program. Is it really good? How is the school itself, and would it be easy to get in with me being a Canadian and all? Also, im looking to hopefully further my golf career and maybe drafted onto the team. any help and advice is greatly appreciated! Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2008, 12:47 PM

3,089 posts, read 8,510,059 times
Um I do not think where you are from matters. I do not know much about the programs at USF. I do know USF Tampa is insanely overcrowded so if its possible for your program go to USf st pete

Old 05-08-2008, 03:05 PM

1,824 posts, read 8,379,348 times
The USF College of Business Administration is a top rated nationally ranked Business School. I received a BS Double Majored in both Management and Marketing. USF also has a great Golf Program(you should join the team), and a killer on campus course nicknamed "The Claw".

Old 05-10-2008, 08:10 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,435,463 times
Putting golf and marketing together, you should have some kind of career. I'm envious. Good luck.

Old 05-21-2008, 12:56 PM

26 posts, read 97,933 times
Golf as a career is SUPER competitive. I have a brother in-law that pursued it as a career in the PGA. You have to pass all kinds of written tests to get in and make it to different levels. You might; however, end up being a "Golf Pro" ..meaning you would be a coach at a Club / Country Club.

I would say try to find the school that has the best schooling / marketing program and then secondarily golfing opportunities. There are some schools that do offer golf scholarships...perhaps only for US citizens though. Wouldn't Canada offer something as such?

It seems like your goal is to come to sunny, pretty Florida. You must decide on your priorities. No place will have everything you are looking for. Trust me. It's always a trade off.

Also consider the type of campus environment that are you looking for...Big City or Small Town.

I went to Auburn University which has a small town atmosphere. Being from Toronto, you may need or want a bigger city feel.

Know that Texas is big PGA country. Myrtle Beach has tons of golf courses..most I've ever seen.

Check out Auburn University

Best of luck to you.

Old 05-22-2008, 01:33 AM

655 posts, read 2,183,355 times
If aid is an issue, be aware that state schools are not fond of giving anyone not from in-state much financial aid. You'll be taking out the loans for that.

The school itself isn't too hard to get into. If you can manage a B average, I'm sure you would have no trouble getting in.

Old 05-22-2008, 06:33 AM

1,738 posts, read 8,276,497 times
USF is very well rounded ...getting in is becoming a problem. I had a student w/ a 4.0 and they put him on probation for his first year of college due to his 4.0 (CRAZY!)

I know many people from out of country that go to USF ....where you come from is not a problem at all.

I know nothing about their golf teams.

Old 05-22-2008, 10:13 PM

3,089 posts, read 8,510,059 times
They put you on probation depending on your test scores not your gpa

Old 05-23-2008, 07:40 AM

1,738 posts, read 8,276,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitokenshi View Post
They put you on probation depending on your test scores not your gpa
like SAT test scores? ....still if your pulling in a 4.0 would that show promise?

Old 05-23-2008, 08:14 AM

76 posts, read 331,345 times
I think they have a separate admissions exam for Canadians. It basically consists of one question: How much should you tip when dinning at a restaurant in the U.S.?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay