Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2023, 09:45 AM

3 posts, read 1,809 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBain II View Post
If you're willing to go up to Tarpon, the Tarpon Turtle has a tiki-style outdoor eating area on the lake. There's also a small little bar and grill (I forget the name) on the south side of the Dunedin Causeway that is kinda nice but has odd hours.

You have great insight and knowledge for many topics on this site! Could you care to send me a direct message? I wanted to chat with you about a particularly interesting topic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2023, 09:54 AM

140 posts, read 111,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaywoodJ View Post
You have great insight and knowledge for many topics on this site! Could you care to send me a direct message? I wanted to chat with you about a particularly interesting topic.
This doesn't sound like spam at all!

Old 04-04-2023, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndySipowicz View Post
This doesn't sound like spam at all!
I'm not a spam bot, you twit. I am a real human being. It blows my mind that people still use this ancient website for communication. Just need to DM McBain regarding some of his previous posts.

Old 04-04-2023, 10:07 AM

140 posts, read 111,008 times
Quote:
I'm not a spam bot, you twit. I am a real human being. It blows my mind that people still use this ancient website for communication. Just need to DM McBain regarding some of his previous posts.
You're aware that DM's go both ways, right?

Old 04-04-2023, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndySipowicz View Post
You're aware that DM's go both ways, right?
I am unable to send him a DM for some reason.

For context, I am requesting a message from McBain II because he was involved in NUMEROUS exchanges with a user by the the name "The_SouthPaw"

I have done extensive research on The_SouthPaw (I know this user irl) and through my research was able to find his City-Data accounts (The_SouthPaw and previously DrummerBoy).

Said user is a 67 year-old delusional, habitual lying psychopath. I had the displeasure of working with this fiend several years ago. He has been fired from nearly every job he has somehow received and lives to lie.
All over City-Data and Quora, he claims to be:

> All college grad in whatever field best suits his argument
> A former professional drummer with the likes of Pearl Jam, Poison, Alice In Chains, Foo Fighters, etc.
> A former professional baseball player
> A former college track star and Olympic Qualifier
> A former Corporate Quality Control Manager
> Married to a concert violin player

All these and many more fictitious claims to try flexing on the internet. It really makes for good laughs and enjoyment because I know his true identity. I am attempting to gather as much information on him as possible to make an entertaining subreddit of his antics.

Feel free to give me a holler if you want to laugh at this dumbass and his ridiculous claims.

Last edited by HaywoodJ; 04-04-2023 at 10:25 AM.. Reason: mistyped

Old 04-04-2023, 03:05 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,055,874 times
Quote:
I am unable to send him a DM for some reason.

For context, I am requesting a message from McBain II because he was involved in NUMEROUS exchanges with a user by the the name "The_SouthPaw"

I have done extensive research on The_SouthPaw (I know this user irl) and through my research was able to find his City-Data accounts (The_SouthPaw and previously DrummerBoy).

Said user is a 67 year-old delusional, habitual lying psychopath. I had the displeasure of working with this fiend several years ago. He has been fired from nearly every job he has somehow received and lives to lie.
All over City-Data and Quora, he claims to be:

> All college grad in whatever field best suits his argument
> A former professional drummer with the likes of Pearl Jam, Poison, Alice In Chains, Foo Fighters, etc.
> A former professional baseball player
> A former college track star and Olympic Qualifier
> A former Corporate Quality Control Manager
> Married to a concert violin player

All these and many more fictitious claims to try flexing on the internet. It really makes for good laughs and enjoyment because I know his true identity. I am attempting to gather as much information on him as possible to make an entertaining subreddit of his antics.

Feel free to give me a holler if you want to laugh at this dumbass and his ridiculous claims.
Wow, I had completely forgotten about SouthPaw. Talk about a blast from the past.

I think my favorite one is when he got banned as SouthPaw and came back as Velocity Boy, the former Navy SEAL who had a meltdown because he wasn't allowed to tour a YMCA. I called him on it here in this post.

I accepted your friend request, so you should be able to message me now.

Old 07-25-2023, 07:25 AM

67 posts, read 69,285 times
Default I tried Doc Fords at Pier in St. Pete's

I can recommend. I had the fish sandwich, partner had the Cuban. You probably will have to pay for parking. Reasonable prices considering the great location. Imo

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL_Expert View Post
This area doesn’t have as many restaurants on the water as I might have expected. I can’t think of anything I’d recommend in the Dunedin area. Oyster Catcher and Rusty Pelican are a couple good ones back in Tampa. Then there’s the Columbia in Clearwater Beach. Those are about the only ones I’d recommend in Tampa Bay, but I’m eager to try Doc Fords on the St. Pete pier.

Old 07-25-2023, 07:46 AM

27,169 posts, read 43,857,618 times
OP have you tried the Thirsty Marlin in downtown Palm Harbor?

https://www.thirstymarlin.com/

I also agree regarding Mystic Fish (been many times) and Ozona Blue which was nice on a couple of occasions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay