Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2008, 08:50 AM

8,488 posts, read 20,557,742 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandy_tampa View Post
trust me being a buyers agent I know where spring hill is! and it wasn't supposed to be a negative comment some people prefer the "middle of nowhere" or per say the rural areas others don't.... thats all
Being 45 minutes from Tampa Airport is hardly the middle of nowhere no matter what connotation it has to you.

As far as the comment in your other post about Spring Hill being a true bubble area, are there any areas within a 100 mile radius of Tampa that was not a bubble area?

The only difference between up here and many other areas is the median price here hit $159K back last October and has stayed right around that number while other areas around Tampa continue to drop.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2008, 09:11 AM

105 posts, read 198,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Peterson View Post
Being 45 minutes from Tampa Airport is hardly the middle of nowhere no matter what connotation it has to you.

As far as the comment in your other post about Spring Hill being a true bubble area, are there any areas within a 100 mile radius of Tampa that was not a bubble area?

The only difference between up here and many other areas is the median price here hit $159K back last October and has stayed right around that number while other areas around Tampa continue to drop.
well to me 45 min away from Tampa is in the middle of nowhere I am a city girl!

of course I know other areas were in the bubble - but i refuse to paint a picture of spring hill that I personally don't see.... to me it is in the middle of nowhere PERIOD and I am not going to get into a pissing contest over this with you either - so what great job offers are up there? people that want a decent paying job will have to travel to tampa - period - and the people that can afford to live in Pinellas County will always chose Pinellas over Spring Hill ... unless like I said they prefer the rural live style!

Old 06-06-2008, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandy_tampa View Post
well to me 45 min away from Tampa is in the middle of nowhere I am a city girl!

of course I know other areas were in the bubble - but i refuse to paint a picture of spring hill that I personally don't see.... to me it is in the middle of nowhere PERIOD and I am not going to get into a pissing contest over this with you either - so what great job offers are up there? people that want a decent paying job will have to travel to tampa - period - and the people that can afford to live in Pinellas County will always chose Pinellas over Spring Hill ... unless like I said they prefer the rural live style!
To characterize Spring Hill as the middle of nowhere because it is 45 minutes away from Tampa is ridiculous.
It takes longer to get from Palm Harbor to Tampa. You may be closer but you have all the traffic.

No one ever claimed to have big industry here but some people do not wish to live near warehouses and manufacturing plants.

And yes people may choose to live in Pinellas if they want to pay twice as much for a nice home in a safe neighborhood.

If you don't want to get into pissing matches do not start commenting on areas you do not know much about.

Old 06-06-2008, 09:53 AM

1,775 posts, read 8,075,858 times
It's quite amusing that the 2 arguing in this thread are both real estate agents pulling for their own areas. I guess that's typical with realtors.

Old 06-06-2008, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellefort View Post
It's quite amusing that the 2 arguing in this thread are both real estate agents pulling for their own areas. I guess that's typical with realtors.
It's not about pulling for my area. It is about someone coming into a thread and misrepresenting an area. It does not matter whether it is another agent or not.

Old 06-06-2008, 10:50 AM

1,236 posts, read 4,036,120 times
Soooooo....... what's Spring Hill REALLY like ?

What's Spring Hill like from the perspective of a retiree looking for a safe community, with a downtown which offers nice stores, good restaurants, excellent facilities, a town where there are friendly people, NO GANG activity, and near the coast ?????

Old 06-06-2008, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConeyIsBabe View Post
Soooooo....... what's Spring Hill REALLY like ?

What's Spring Hill like from the perspective of a retiree looking for a safe community, with a downtown which offers nice stores, good restaurants, excellent facilities, a town where there are friendly people, NO GANG activity, and near the coast ?????
Well it is definately a safe community.
There are many nice stores but no actual downtown, you would need a car to get around.
The restaurants here are mostly chain restaurants though we do have a few nice independents.
I find the people friendly but there have been others that post here that think otherwise. I truly think that friendly people will find other friendly people and unfriendly people the opposite.
There is no gang activity though you will always find some wannabe teenagers in any community.
We are close to the coast, 5-6 miles, but there are no true beaches when you get up this far north. It is mostly salt marsh though they do have a man made beach at Pine Island which is nice.
You also have many thousands of acres preserved land that you can hike and horseback ride in.
It is surely not a cosmopolitan area but it is also not in the middle of no where.

Old 06-06-2008, 12:15 PM

713 posts, read 2,661,869 times
There are plenty of stores, two major hospitals, restaurants galore, doctors, vets, dentists and government jobs for work. Huge newspaper distrib. center just down Cortez. One gal started her own cleaning service and is doing quite well.

As for me, I landed the first job I applied for. No huge ticket/paying jobs (that I found) but they say retirement/pension are going the way of the Edsel anyway and we will have to save for our own.

I always maintained, if a person wants a job, they can find one. And there's always Tampa for a commute which people are pooling to anyway, with the green thing and gas prices. Again, S H is better than Detroit.

Old 06-06-2008, 08:15 PM

6 posts, read 51,408 times
What about Hudson, Holiday and Port Richey? Any thoughts on these areas?

Old 06-06-2008, 08:24 PM

6 posts, read 51,408 times
I definitely would like to be in an area that has some retails close by. I do not like to drive and I currently work as a photographer for Sears and plan to stay in that same line of work, but not necessarily for the same company. I really don't care to drive no more than 15 -20 minutes to work. I also want to be somewhat close to coast, I have 4 daughters who LOVE to swim. We want to be able to take a 15-20 minute drive to the beach on my days off to spend the day there. I understand Pasco county has cheaper taxes, so maybe somewhere in Pasco. Any suggestions? You all have been extremely helpful. Thank you soooo much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay