U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2008, 03:55 PM

1 posts, read 13,310 times
Default Question about working for Disney Call Center

I know this has been asked in the Orlando forum but I am asking only about the Tampa Call Center location. I am thinking about taking a job at the Walt Disney World Call Center in Tampa. I am married with two small children.

I would prefer to only hear responses from either 1) those that know first-hand because they actually work there, or 2) those that are very close to someone who works there.

My question: Can a Reservations Sales Agent make enough money to support a family in Tampa? If so, how easy is it if you have strong sales experience and abilities? What percentage of the agents there are making the "big bucks?"
I keep hearing that you can do really well at this job (doubling your base wage or more after commissions). How true is this?

Also how flexible are they with hours? I really only want part time but they are hiring full at this time. (Because of babysitting issues I can only work about five hours a day willing to work six days instead of five). Really I'm hoping to get my foot in the door and then ask to cut back later? How likely is that?

What about time off how hard to get? They said there is a six week training but haven't said if it is five days a week or something else? Anyone know?

I'll take as much info as you can give. Thanks!!

Last edited by jaseyandmallorysmommy; 06-07-2008 at 03:57 PM.. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2008, 05:36 PM

137 posts, read 242,582 times
In going to: https://disney.recruitmax.com/main/c...dsToHighlight= , I see that it says regarding hours: "Ability to be flexible with work schedule, to support the following operating hours Monday through Sunday 6:50 am to 11:30 pm" - maybe not what you were looking for.

Old 06-08-2008, 09:06 PM

219 posts, read 574,576 times
Default Daughter is Supervisor at Disney

.... So I read her your post. No they are not flexable with hours. Schedule get picked every few months and goes by senority. So you do have to be very flexible to work any shift as It does change. At certain times of the year, there is mandatory overtime. And yes if you work very hard you can make a very nice salary. My daughter said there are people that are making $1000.00 over there base pay, but that is not the norm. Most are willing to just make the average wage.
This may not be what you are looking for. Have you thought of trying the parks??

Old 02-23-2009, 04:56 PM

1 posts, read 12,254 times
Angry been there

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaseyandmallorysmommy View Post
I know this has been asked in the Orlando forum but I am asking only about the Tampa Call Center location. I am thinking about taking a job at the Walt Disney World Call Center in Tampa. I am married with two small children.

I would prefer to only hear responses from either 1) those that know first-hand because they actually work there, or 2) those that are very close to someone who works there.

My question: Can a Reservations Sales Agent make enough money to support a family in Tampa? If so, how easy is it if you have strong sales experience and abilities? What percentage of the agents there are making the "big bucks?"
I keep hearing that you can do really well at this job (doubling your base wage or more after commissions). How true is this?

Also how flexible are they with hours? I really only want part time but they are hiring full at this time. (Because of babysitting issues I can only work about five hours a day willing to work six days instead of five). Really I'm hoping to get my foot in the door and then ask to cut back later? How likely is that?

What about time off how hard to get? They said there is a six week training but haven't said if it is five days a week or something else? Anyone know?

Horrible place to work! Very strict environment, low pay, bad hours for your first 2 years there and not easy to get time off. I was a basket case my entire employment there.

Old 02-24-2009, 07:13 PM

4,283 posts, read 6,285,891 times
I don't know anything about the Disney Center. However I do know about Call Centers. Im sure some can work in them for some time, but many find these are jobs its better saying goodbye to. I have worked part time for two of them one a major airline and the other a well known Insurance company. The airline I was repeatedly laid off from and finally the center no longer existed in this country. I noticed with both jobs, the call monitoring varied and the insurance company was the worst. Every moment you are at the job your are plugged into that phone and must enter a code just to get up to go to the bathroom. Belive me many are afraid to get up for that business as it takes away from their time on the phone. They are scared. The first year or two there is basically no time off and even if your dealing with a major crisis, and need time off then one is usually put on probation or terminated almost immediately. I know my parents died at my almost 1 year with the the Insurance company. I needed some time off and I was told I could not be off for two weeks. I was given 3 days off for the funeral. My parents lived over 1000 miles away. I had not missed my work schedules other than 1 day for the flu that year. I told them they could keep their job and I resigned. Whenever I see their commercial on TV I turn the channel. Perhaps the Disney Center is more professional and courteous to its employees. I certainly hope it is and if you choose this type employment, I wish you all the best.

Old 04-30-2009, 10:09 PM

1 posts, read 1,443 times
Default The Wonder

I Love working for Walt Disney World Call Center.

The managers are so down to Earth. It's like working for the ugly stepsisters, but they aren't mean. Sweet old women!

LOL

Old 04-30-2009, 10:23 PM

3,681 posts, read 10,544,882 times
Hi, I did get hired for Tampa call center, full time, then I did think part-time! That was 8 years ago!
Then, sure, the test, was ok for full time! The pay, is not great, you are at the mercy of the times they
do need you! Perks, sure disney, etc! Way b4 they had this dress code, then got lax with it! The pay is
yuck! I do think liberty and medico also has some call centers that way, and may pay better! Working there also is not great! If you get a job with Verizon
that would be best, disney, and call centers, forget it! You need to be there all times they demand you, early am and late pm, needs of the Disney?
Flex time is out, you work 5 til 11 plus ot no benifits, and the base pay! Publix is way better than that!

Last edited by maggiekate; 04-30-2009 at 10:40 PM..

Old 04-30-2009, 11:14 PM

3,681 posts, read 10,544,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaseyandmallorysmommy View Post

Part time is 2 days off and the other days 5 til 11 no benifits, and ot as they
do see it! pay is at the low!

Old 03-30-2012, 09:34 PM

1 posts, read 7,088 times
I worked at the DRC (Disney Reservation Center) and loved every minute of it. If you have any questions feel free to ask. I am looking forward to going back to work there as soon as I get back down to FL

Old 03-30-2012, 09:35 PM

3,238 posts, read 1,829,035 times
It's a call center, what do you expect? I'm sure it sucks like most call center jobs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay