Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 10:57 AM

1 posts, read 1,725 times

Advertisements

N west Tampa/ Lutz / Odessa is beautiful. If you want a gated 24/7 community and I suggest it with a family. Cheval is a beautiful community. quiet A+ schools West chase has lots of young families A+ school. . There's a traffic congession problem there tho.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2008, 01:11 PM

1,404 posts, read 5,689,880 times
Panther Trace is not really new and located right across the street from a not so great HUGE community (I believe it's called South Pointe). We actually didn't move there because we spoke with some people who lived there who told us not so great things. I was thinking more along the lines of Moss Landing, Creekside (a beautiful community that was completed a 1-2 yrs. ago, depending on the phase). Even something down Symmes (but not past 301) or even River Crest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAFrench View Post
Take a look at the newer areas of Riverview, like Panther Trace.

Old 09-24-2008, 09:14 PM

10 posts, read 124,731 times
I can't imagine anyone not mentioning New Tampa. Commute would the same if not better to Busch area than most of the areas mentioned, and you couldn't ask for safer neighborhoods, and good schools with immediate access to all kinds of shopping, dining, and anything else your heart may desire. Moderator cut: ..

Last edited by Keeper; 09-25-2008 at 07:03 AM.. Reason: Sorry.. we prefer they post questions here.. you can send them a DM..

Old 12-02-2009, 02:51 PM

1 posts, read 1,270 times
Default Where to move in tampa?

I also am moving to tampa, I have 2 young daughters and looking for a community that family orientated. I work in near westshore mall, looking for a commute under an hour. I have been told fishhawk, new tampa, south bradenton, clearwater and westchase. does anyone have any suggestions.

Old 12-02-2009, 04:23 PM

13,768 posts, read 38,123,612 times
What is your price range? Are you renting or buying?

Old 02-25-2011, 02:49 PM

11 posts, read 24,348 times
Default Considering a move to Tampa

Hi there, I am considering moving to Tampa - the office I would be working at is on West Shore Bvd in Tampa. I have no idea what part of Tampa that would be.
Suggestions on places to live (apartments)that are quiet and safe and within a reasonable distance of that area of Tampa?
Idea on what I could expect to pay for rent for a BR apt?

Thanks so much!

Old 02-28-2011, 06:10 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,123,612 times
I wouldn't recommend Temple Terrace if you are working on Westshore. Just trying to get to work would be hectic.

There are apts all around Westshore area that would be closer to work plus the place where young professionals hang out. Temple Terrace is more of a family area. Plus with the price of gas now it will save you money and time. There are big and small apts all around that area. I imagine that you are going to have to pay around $700 and up for a 1 bd. You can find some for less, some are more

Old 04-01-2011, 10:45 PM

34 posts, read 88,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennagayle View Post
Hi there, I am considering moving to Tampa - the office I would be working at is on West Shore Bvd in Tampa. I have no idea what part of Tampa that would be.
Suggestions on places to live (apartments)that are quiet and safe and within a reasonable distance of that area of Tampa?
Idea on what I could expect to pay for rent for a BR apt?

Thanks so much!
That would be in South Tampa, one of the pricier areas to live in the Bay Area...however, you could not pay me to have to commute to/from those neighborhoods that others have suggested to you. West Shore is a narrow/congested street in many area's, so for that reason...I'd suggest South Tampa...close to work, and most rent prices are going to be okay so long as its just you and your husband and you aren't looking to be spoiled. South Tampa is on the upper end of most people's price range (low crime, close to amenities and downtown and 20 minutes from beaches) but its that way for a reason, you get what you pay for, so if you rent in the area and don't have an extended budget...be prepared to sacrifice. However, well worth it in my mind.

I also have to jump on the not suggesting Temple Terrace bandwagon...especially considering where your husband's job is, that commute would get old quick.

Old 04-04-2011, 08:41 PM

1,466 posts, read 3,070,652 times
to original Poster, I think you might want to let us know where you will be working, and more about your situation, so that we can offer advice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay