Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2008, 08:36 AM

362 posts, read 1,718,729 times

Advertisements

1. Culbreath Key
2. Grand Key
3. Hyde Park Place

From what I've been able to find out online, all three were built as apts and converted to condos. Curious as to experiences anyone may have had with these three communities regarding building quality/upkeep, management, convenience to restaurants/shops, walkability/safety of the neighborhood, traffic flow issues (heading north toward USF area), etc...

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2008, 09:39 AM

1,824 posts, read 8,375,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by honu1 View Post
1. Culbreath Key
2. Grand Key
3. Hyde Park Place

From what I've been able to find out online, all three were built as apts and converted to condos. Curious as to experiences anyone may have had with these three communities regarding building quality/upkeep, management, convenience to restaurants/shops, walkability/safety of the neighborhood, traffic flow issues (heading north toward USF area), etc...

Thanks!
I know people that live in Culbreath and Grand Key, so I can copmment that they are both very well built, concrete floors and walls, Culbreath is right on the Tampa Bay, beautiful sunsets, just off Gandy Blvd. Not much walkable around except a conveinence store, car wash and bait shop. Friendship Trailbridge is next to culbreath key offering nice runs, walks, biking across the Bay.

Grand Key is on busy Dale Mabry highway, but extremely tropical landscaped setting, nice quiet community, not sure of the structure, but my friends enjoy living there, young singles and couples,. mostly professional. You can walk to a large strip shopping center-Britton Plaza, and there are many restaurants in the area, not what I would consider a walkable commuity though.

Hyde Park Place would be my number one choice of the three--definitely in a walkable community, blocks from Hyde Park Village, Bayshore Blvd-linear park, and also the National historic Old Hyde Park neighborhood, lots of mom and pop type eateries and shops in the area, best access to the interestate for driving to USF(less than 25 min and against the flow of traffic), downtown, channelside, ybor city about a mile.

Last edited by tampaguy03; 07-07-2008 at 09:50 AM..

Old 07-07-2008, 09:54 AM

362 posts, read 1,718,729 times
thanks Tampa Guy03! That was my impression of HPP from what I could tell online. The HPP unit I'm looking at is a bit more expensive than the units I've been considering at other two, but sounds like it maybe worth the extra $ for the location. Looking forward to getting out there and seeing these in person...can't bring myself to take anything sight unseen. It's great to have input from those who already live in the area.

Old 07-07-2008, 10:44 AM

63 posts, read 287,123 times
hyde Park Place would be my first choice for location, location, location. I considered living here when they were apts many years ago and they are very nice. I think anyone would be happy here!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: