Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 10:56 PM

2,106 posts, read 3,051,780 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by w1ngzer0 View Post
I like that high level of near 50 year old's. Much better crowd then my own age. Don't hurt me.
Too funny!!!

Old 02-26-2010, 10:31 AM

4,091 posts, read 5,975,559 times
The older crowd on these boards get upset extremely easily. And don't say anything bad (true or otherwise) about ANYTHING in Tampa, as we all know that everything is PERFECT here (just ignore the negatives, they have no point). It's all sunshine, beaches, and rainbows here! And USF is OBVIOUSLY the best school in the NATION! UF, FSU, and other, much higher rated schools just wish they could be USF.

Old 02-26-2010, 10:34 AM

3,381 posts, read 9,085,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAniacTHW View Post
The older crowd on these boards get upset extremely easily. And don't say anything bad (true or otherwise) about ANYTHING in Tampa, as we all know that everything is PERFECT here (just ignore the negatives, they have no point). It's all sunshine, beaches, and rainbows here! And USF is OBVIOUSLY the best school in the NATION! UF, FSU, and other, much higher rated schools just wish they could be USF.

About time you come to your senses...

Old 02-26-2010, 10:36 AM

17,464 posts, read 38,864,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by w1ngzer0 View Post
I like that high level of near 50 year old's. Much better crowd then my own age. Don't hurt me.
The 50s are the new 30s.

Old 02-26-2010, 10:55 AM

2,106 posts, read 3,051,780 times
Quote:
So true...You rock!! Well said!!

Old 02-26-2010, 11:09 AM

1,824 posts, read 8,352,355 times
Quote:
Not sure of this is pointed at me..I am neither old(@40 - maybe older..LOL), nor do I think Tampa is PERFECT in everyway. I just like to set the record straight when people 'Generalize' about the area..and maybe 'help' and 'educate' those that are very negative and disappointed with the area on things they may not know about...

Old 02-26-2010, 11:22 AM

Not directed at you at all. More directed at the people who've uttered the extremely intelligent phrase of "Don't listen to the negatives" as if their always positive attitudes make up for the problems we do have. And to this guy who leads me to believe that he honestly thinks USF is the best school in the US.

Old 02-26-2010, 11:27 AM

5,969 posts, read 9,503,723 times
Quote:
I have the Tampa skyline tattooed on my shoulder.
Must be a tiny little tattoo.

Old 02-26-2010, 11:31 AM

5,969 posts, read 9,503,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampaguy03 View Post
USF spends alot on research but you dont see any discoveries??? Do you read the newspapers or watch the news, or even look at any reserach publications..here is one>>Newsletter of the Vice President for Research & Innovation
And Moffit Cancer center is all you can think of, when the school receives numerous acolades for its Urban Transportation Center; College of Engineering; Shriners and Eye Institutes, College of Education, as well as premeire athletics program. Its one of the nations top universities for research in Alzheimers and Parkinsons diseases.

Tampa lacks culture?? what is missing exactly? And remember, Tampa is a small city of about 350k, but I find there is alot of culture in this city, have you actually looked at sites like these>>
Arts Council of Hillsborough County
Tampa Bay Businesses for Culture & the Arts
Creative Tampa Bay
The largest Performing Arts Center in the southeast, Independant theater companies, Museums, Film and Art Festivals(lots of them), a unique rich history from the Indians to the Cigar Capital, Art Galleries....

No Skyline?? This one makes me chuckle, sure its not NY, Chicago, LA, San Fran, etc....but for the 55th most populous city, Tampa has a nice skyline(albeit a small one - to go along with a small city).

Nightlife - there arent many small cities in the country that can boast having more than one concentrated areas of nightlife(Ybor City, Channelside, Hyde Park/SoHo, Westshore/Bay Street, South Tampa neighborhoods - one unique from the rest - and thats just in the city of Tampa).

And it is a preference as far as what a young professional is looking for, sure cities like NY, Chicago, etc. offer more, but do you want to LIVE in those cities?? Some do and some dont.
Thats really not impressive at all, all can be found in cities with better economies. Tampa's horrible wages and job opportunities make Tampa not a city of choice for many professionals that want to climb the corporate ladder.

Old 02-26-2010, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyJournalist View Post
Must be a tiny little tattoo.
Like posted under that post you'd see it:

Every other point may be valid, but we have a skyline. Not an impressive one, but it's there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay