Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2008, 04:22 PM

15 posts, read 48,688 times

Advertisements

Hello, we are relocating to the tampa area from new england. job will be in tampa and we would like to live in the clearwater area. We have stayed in the st pete area for ten years visiting our parents, but as you know a vacation is different than actually living there. We are in our early 50's and have about 10+ years till retirement but are transferring with jobs. We do love warm (hot weather) and hope to make a life there. We are not going to fla buy bigger or better housing than we have here, we are going because we hate the winter. I am just not sure exactly where to settle, we will rent for the first year but still not sure where. We commute about 1 hr + to work and back. Would like to know about how far it is from clearwater to tampa or if there is any other parts of fla that one would recommend, the only perk we would like is to be at least close to the beaches or bike trails. Thanks for any info. Susannorth
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2008, 09:20 AM

4,696 posts, read 7,890,053 times
It would be good if you post what part of the city you will be working so posters here can suggest places to live.

Old 07-27-2008, 08:02 PM

1,781 posts, read 6,961,391 times
you had a 10 year vacation with your parents in St Pete?

Must have been nice.

Old 07-28-2008, 05:37 PM

15 posts, read 57,354 times
I love the Seminole Height area of Tampa. It's an old neighborhood with a lot of character and history. It's probably about 30 minutes from St. Pete and just a little more to Clearwater. You can go to seminoleheights.com and get some information about the neighborhood. Good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by susannorth View Post
Hello, we are relocating to the tampa area from new england. job will be in tampa and we would like to live in the clearwater area. We have stayed in the st pete area for ten years visiting our parents, but as you know a vacation is different than actually living there. We are in our early 50's and have about 10+ years till retirement but are transferring with jobs. We do love warm (hot weather) and hope to make a life there. We are not going to fla buy bigger or better housing than we have here, we are going because we hate the winter. I am just not sure exactly where to settle, we will rent for the first year but still not sure where. We commute about 1 hr + to work and back. Would like to know about how far it is from clearwater to tampa or if there is any other parts of fla that one would recommend, the only perk we would like is to be at least close to the beaches or bike trails. Thanks for any info. Susannorth

Old 07-28-2008, 08:55 PM

807 posts, read 3,186,016 times
I think it depends on your budget, BUT if I had a choice...my personal preference would be Old Hyde Park. It's a beautiful old neighborhood and most homes have been re-done, close to Tampa Bay and all the advantages of urbanistic living. It's in the center of the pro sporting facilities (hockey, football and baseball). GASPARILLA CELEBRATION!!!

The traffic in Pinellas County is really frustrating but there is a lot to entertain you there. My experience with folks who try commuting between Tampa and Clearwater is that they will usually look for something different before too long.

No matter where you go...snow will only be a memory...YES!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay