U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2008, 10:53 AM

86 posts, read 390,962 times

Advertisements

I, and my son, are planning to move to Tampa as soon as our place sells here in PA. I cant get a job first because what I do requires a face to face and interviews. I drive a bus and both Hillsborough schools and Hart have expressed interest, but they both want me there first. I also have a tractor trailer license as well and all endorsements. Currently I am state of PA certified as a school bus instructor, and I have been doing that for 3 years.

I should be ok for a few months, depending on what the house sells for, if it does. I genuinely hate Pittsburgh and everything about it.

Time for a change...

Any thoughts or suggestions would be great...I am open to areas like tampa or lakeland, but I prefer safe...

Shawn

Last edited by svbusdriver; 08-17-2008 at 11:00 AM.. Reason: forgot something
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2008, 11:52 AM

10 posts, read 65,479 times
Default bus drivers wanted

Hi, I actually just moved here from Ohio not that long ago and currently live in the Carrollwood/Lutz area. It's about 20-30 minutes north of Tampa and is a very nice/safe area with plenty of rental properties as well as homes for sale. We love it here. I was driving down the street today (Dale Mabry Highway) and saw a sign on a school bus for Gaither High School that said that they were hiring bus drivers. Take a look at some of the discussion boards on Carrollwood and you'll find that most people like it very much here. I hope that helps some!! Go Browns!!!

Old 08-20-2008, 07:09 AM

1,404 posts, read 5,148,834 times
Jobs are a little hard up in this area, this may be the reason why you are having a hard time finding a job, but good luck!

Old 08-20-2008, 07:26 AM

1,738 posts, read 7,517,730 times
hey if you have people actually interested in you and they just want you to move first, consider yourself lucky! The job market here is not awesome right now

Old 08-22-2008, 06:51 AM

221 posts, read 650,385 times
i would always recommend moving with a job in hand first. Tampa's job market is not at it's peak right now. But, I too saw the banner at gaither high stating bus drivers wanted. It gave a starting pay of somewhere in the $10 range. But of course, with experience I am sure that is not what you would make. Both Tampa and Lakeland are safe places to live generally. Of course it all depends on which part of town you call home.
Best of luck to you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or