Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 11:52 PM

4 posts, read 7,838 times

Advertisements

Our family is relocating to Tampa at the beginning of Sept. from Tacoma, WA. This is our first time every moving outside of Washington State. I have a ton of questions as a concerned mother of two boys ages 17 & 13. To begin i guess
# 1. What neighborhoods/areas of the city are recommended for renters,
which have decent middle and high schools.
Please help with any info possible. Thank You
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2008, 08:11 AM

11 posts, read 31,190 times
first, brace yourself, I've been to Tacoma, Wa, and you are in for a gographic shock, things here are a little flat in compairison, but we do have beaches The area is actually rather large, so it is hard to give you a good answer, because much depends on why your moving here (If it is for work, you want to be close enough for a decent commutee) I live in Trinity wich is at the south west pasco county boarder, and I love it here. My kids are 10 and 12, and they are happy. There are some good apartment hunting services in the area as well as quite a few houses for rent also. Your best bet is going to be exploring the area when you get here as there are a lot of great areas around Tampa.
Antony Francis

Last edited by Keeper; 08-23-2008 at 04:48 PM..

Old 08-21-2008, 06:57 PM

Thank you for your response. I have been on line researching some apartment communities. A couple i came up with and seem to be nice (over the net anyways) LOL are # 1. Morgan Creek Apartments the schools would be Benito Jr & Wharton High, # 2. Southern Oaks Apartment, Bartels Jr High & same High School. Any recommendations on the different schools? Again Thank You
Cristal Newton

Old 08-21-2008, 07:10 PM

4,948 posts, read 18,688,068 times
if you check out the new tampa, landolakes lutz, and wesley chapel area there are
many new communities. The shopping in mega now, if one has money. They are building many new schools. You could rent in a real nice place for maybe 1100 per month.
Some of this come with the lawn and pool, but this is a private home not apt.

cross creek, lexington oaks, meadow point hunters green even quail hollow off 54
and near bruce b downs. tampa tribune check it out on sunday oh seven oaks also is very nice bruce b downs around there they have real nice schools. wharton, and they have just build more. stay within the New Tampa, and wesley chapel seven oaks area. even lexington oaks.

Old 08-21-2008, 07:26 PM

11 posts, read 31,190 times
I'm not familular with either school you mentioned, but if you goto greatchools.com, you should be able to do some research there.
Antony Francis

Last edited by Keeper; 08-23-2008 at 04:49 PM..

Old 08-22-2008, 06:46 AM

221 posts, read 724,271 times
good luck with your move to tampa. This is where we lived previously. My neice attends wharton and moved to cross creek townhomes just for the school. There are many homes, apartments and rentals very close to this school.
Make sure you do your research on greatschools.net as to which school to decide on.
The area of town that you are considering is close to shopping, mall, busch gardens, ect. There is quite a bit of traffic in this part of town too so just be prepared.
Best wishes

Old 08-22-2008, 08:45 AM

3,928 posts, read 11,596,703 times
I would recommend you add Lake Carlton Arms in Lutz to your search. It's an older, yet well maintained apartment community in northwest Hillsborough County. At present, assigned schools are Martinez Middle and Sickles High. You should verify school ratings and boundary maps at Hillsborough County Public Schools > Our Schools. Of course I need to say if you're working in the south portion of the county, this would be much too far to drive. What area of town will you be working?

Old 08-22-2008, 01:29 PM

186 posts, read 377,631 times
Stay away from NW Tampa public schools. Most are rotten.
Do "not" send your kids to Leto High School whatever you do. No one wants to learn there and some are very proud of F's.

Old 08-22-2008, 05:27 PM

3,928 posts, read 11,596,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by didi768 View Post
Stay away from NW Tampa public schools. Most are rotten.
Do "not" send your kids to Leto High School whatever you do. No one wants to learn there and some are very proud of F's.
The prior post is inaccurate and incorrect. Alonso, Sickles, and Gaither, all high schools in the Northwest Tampa area, were rated 'A' according to the FCAT scoring system in the last testing period. Link here ---> School Accountability Report

Last edited by TampaKaren; 08-22-2008 at 06:01 PM..

Old 08-22-2008, 10:09 PM

Thank you everyone for your input and research tips/links for the school info. I appreciate them all, this forum has been very help and if the majority of the peaple in Tampa are as helpful and friendly as ya'all have been I dont see no problem with my family and I loving Tampa.....most appreciated Cristal Newton
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay