Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 07:24 AM

30 posts, read 82,814 times

Advertisements

I think we may have decided to go to the areas of Brandon or riverview to live- will be working in the tampa area.
Can you tell me how these areas are? we are in late 40s with grown kids and both work. Want a nice home with a pool, decent neighborhood and safe.
can you suggest any other areas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2008, 07:27 AM

2,256 posts, read 9,759,075 times
Look at Twin Lakes or River Hills in Valrico.

Old 09-05-2008, 08:33 AM

1,404 posts, read 5,697,912 times
There are many housing communities in the area. I would suggest Riverview because of all the new communities out that way. If you are not opposed to HOA fees and possibly CDD fees (although I have found out a lot don't have these) then you can try Moss Landing, Rivercrest, and South Fork. There's also a really nice housing community that my in-laws live in off of Rhodine Rd. but the name seems to escape me at the moment. These are all for new homes. The housing communities in Riverview are pretty nice, I have looked at a few of them myself. There isn't a whole lot around there but it's close to Brandon so you aren't to far from shopping and such. Brandon is getting a little over crowded so I think it would be nice to escape to a home out in Riverview. It's an up and coming community.

Last edited by mquintana; 09-05-2008 at 08:34 AM.. Reason: Added more info

Old 09-05-2008, 08:33 AM

1,824 posts, read 8,376,422 times
My Aunt and Uncle live on the Border of Riverview and Brandon(off Bloomingdale Ave). They have been there over 20 years, and love it there..and I have some friends in Riverview(off Big Bend Road)its Suburbia and relatively safe. A quick 20-25 minute commute to downtown Tampa via the Crosstown/Selmon Expsy.

Old 09-05-2008, 11:48 AM

25 posts, read 65,130 times
I second the River Hills/Twin Lakes suggestion above. Also see Canterbury Oaks, small community just outside RHills. We just moved from there (due to job transfer), great neighbors, quiet community...good luck to you.

Old 09-05-2008, 12:22 PM

126 posts, read 538,605 times
Hi! Welcome to the Brandon area. We live in Buckhorn, a neighborhood of about 700 homes between Bloomingdale and Miller Road. We've lived here for about 12 years and feel very safe (we're also in our late 40s). One thing I like about it is the HOA fees are only $25 a year, and the community development fees are very low.

The neighborhood has deed restrictions, but they're not as strict as in some neighborhoods (Riverhills and Twin Lakes are very nice, but they have tough deed restrictions that are enforced.) It all depends on what type of atmosphere and environment you want.

Do you have a Realtor yet? I'm not one, but can recommend one.

Old 09-05-2008, 01:00 PM

62 posts, read 376,563 times
Wow, good to hear the suggestions!! We just signed a purchase agreement in Twin Lakes this past Monday. Nice area, feels secluded, but still close to everything. There are quite a few homes available in Twin Lakes - large homes, large lots, seem to be a good value.
One caveat, we are having some difficulty with property insurance as many companies are not writing in the area right now.

Old 09-05-2008, 04:19 PM

13,768 posts, read 38,183,403 times
Anytime there is a hurricane near FL insurance companies won't write policies. That is a PIA for those trying to close on a home.

Old 09-05-2008, 07:06 PM

2,256 posts, read 9,759,075 times
I think you'll really like Twin Lakes, we lived there for 6 years and it only got nicer (we moved because of a job relocation). I miss my walking path - I would walk into River Hills from the back gate, down to the 2nd-4 way stop and back to Twin Lakes, circle once around the lake once (or twice :-) and back home. River hills has mature trees and is nice and shady. Twin Lakes is a nice community, no CDD fees and it also has reclaimed water for your yard sprinkers, which made economic sense as well as being easy on your wallet.

Old 09-05-2008, 07:25 PM

30 posts, read 82,814 times
Default Wow- thanks

Thanks to everyone who commented- where is twin lakes? is it in a town or is it a community- and I do not have a realtor so if anyone knows one, I would be happy for the referral!
Keep the comments coming- they are fantastic!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay