U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 12:04 PM

4 posts, read 31,111 times
Default Russian community in Tampa Bay

Hi everyone, just moved from NYC to St. Pete (big change). I love it here, but I am a little home sick for the large Russian community we had in NYC..~1,000,000 live in NYC. Well I was just wondering if there is anything here anyone can recommend. My husbend and I have not had a chance to meet any other Russian couples. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2008, 01:47 PM

928 posts, read 1,231,739 times
Russian Church in USA | Patriarchal parishes
Chabad Orthodox Synagogue of Tampa, Florida (http://www.bais-templedavid.org/events.htm - broken link)

Russian Tampa Bay, Florida, USA

not knowing if you have any affiliation religiously I have posted more than one option and the russian tampa bay website
hope you make some good friends soon

Old 09-14-2008, 08:50 PM

4 posts, read 31,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lavender View Post
Russian Church in USA | Patriarchal parishes
Chabad Orthodox Synagogue of Tampa, Florida (http://www.bais-templedavid.org/events.htm - broken link)

Russian Tampa Bay, Florida, USA

not knowing if you have any affiliation religiously I have posted more than one option and the russian tampa bay website
hope you make some good friends soon
Thank you one place to start is the church. Do you know of any Social get together in the russian lounges or clubs?

Old 03-15-2010, 09:22 AM

1 posts, read 11,818 times
Hello NYdancer. My name is Marina. I am from Kiev Ukraine original, but live now with my hyusband in Clearwater beach, FL...Its not far from St.Pete... I also looking for a new friends. If you like write me...my email: [EMAIL="marinamassell@yahoo.com"]marinamassell@yahoo.com[/EMAIL]

Old 03-16-2010, 08:50 AM

2,381 posts, read 4,439,010 times
There are hardly any Russians or Eastern Europeans here in my experience. Definitely cannot compare to NY, and even much less than in the Midwest!! Miami is more diverse, in my experience and has more Russians. There are a couple small Russian stores, have you been? One is the tiniest grocery I have ever seen, it is in St. Pete Beach. There are also 2 in Tampa, both tiny, one is on Waters Ave and the other is on Kennedy Ave. This may be a good place to start to see what is in the area.

Edit:I just realized this was from 2008.

Old 07-21-2010, 09:16 AM

1 posts, read 11,154 times
there is a lovely russian orthodox church (st. andrews)located in st. pete.
6465 54th Avenue North
St Petersburg, FL 33709
(727) 545-4012
Father Igor

After Sunday liturgy luncheon is offered to all parishers.

Welcome to St. Andrew's Russian Orthodox Church

Old 07-21-2010, 01:04 PM

2,602 posts, read 4,164,643 times
I think St. Pete has a larger Eastern European community than Tampa. I've seen a few Bosnian and Croatian places along 4th Street. I don't know if I've seen any Russian places, but I really haven't been looking.

Old 07-21-2010, 01:36 PM

6 posts, read 15,596 times
there is a club called artisto in sarasota which is about an half and hour to an hour maybe from st. pete. Im also russian and moving to tampa in aug. i have friends and sarasota but none and tampa, but my job is there, looking to make some new friends as well. but good luck on your move!

Old 07-30-2010, 01:07 PM

1 posts, read 11,054 times
There is no way to compare NYC and Tampa Metro area. According to statistics, there are approx. 125K russian speaking people in the Tampa metro area, although that estimate may be a bit low now. People here seem to be very integrated but I run into russian-speaking people all the time.

Old 08-28-2010, 08:23 AM

214 posts, read 381,788 times
Ironic... "St Petersburg"...

On the other hand, El Paso, Illinois doesn't have any good Tex-Mex food...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay