Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2011, 07:12 PM

27,213 posts, read 46,724,071 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightYearsAway View Post
The crime is TERRIBLE along with the schools and the people who are on drugs. Not just teens but adults as well have fallen victim of pills and meth. The traffic is awful. I've be nearly hit every time I leave my house. If you want to be near New Port Richey or Port Richey I would go to TRINITY. Very nice area. But, honestly. Florida at all is a terrible idea. I've lived here my whole life but a little over two years and My husband and I are planning to move by the end of the year.
I agree Trinity is nice....but I don't agree to be say that all area's are bad in New Port Richey.

I don't know what street you live on but if what you say is true it should have made the news..."everytime I leave my house I've been nearly hit"....

Sounds very negative and depressing...I'm glad I meet a lot of people who love to live in the area and are positive....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2011, 06:21 AM

30,400 posts, read 21,215,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightYearsAway View Post
The crime is TERRIBLE along with the schools and the people who are on drugs. Not just teens but adults as well have fallen victim of pills and meth. The traffic is awful. I've be nearly hit every time I leave my house. If you want to be near New Port Richey or Port Richey I would go to TRINITY. Very nice area. But, honestly. Florida at all is a terrible idea. I've lived here my whole life but a little over two years and My husband and I are planning to move by the end of the year.
You got that right. Port Richey is even worse when it comes to drugs and drunks.

Old 01-17-2011, 06:43 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,119,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightyearsaway View Post
the crime is terrible along with the schools and the people who are on drugs. Not just teens but adults as well have fallen victim of pills and meth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightyearsaway View Post

welcome to america.

the traffic is awful. I've be nearly hit every time i leave my house. If you want to be near new port richey or port richey

i hope you have good auto insurance!

i would go to trinity. Very nice area.

trinity is nice.

florida at all is a terrible idea. I've lived here my whole life but a little over two years and my husband and i are planning to move by the end of the year.

where are you going?

Old 01-17-2011, 08:19 AM

1,899 posts, read 2,850,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASLS2 View Post
Any place just east and west of US19 is pure trash and low class. All of these areas were great in the 70's and 80's. Since all the old people have died off all the homes went to renters that deal drugs and do every other type of crime under the sun.
I am shocked to read this. I think it is a shame that I had to find out on the internet that I am pure trash and low class. Someone really should have told me that as soon as I moved to my house I would be magically remade into a completely different person. I also didn't realize I was a renter. I could have sworn I pay a mortgage every month. It must be all of the drugs I am on while committing every type of crime under the sun. That all must have messed with my head. I thought I was a decent person who spends time with her husband and child, keeping my house neat and orderly, working a full time job to pay my bills, and basically being a productive member of society.
I just want to thank you for opening my eyes and telling me what kind of person I am.

Old 01-17-2011, 08:25 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,274,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by num1baby View Post
I am shocked to read this. I think it is a shame that I had to find out on the internet that I am pure trash and low class. Someone really should have told me that as soon as I moved to my house I would be magically remade into a completely different person. I also didn't realize I was a renter. I could have sworn I pay a mortgage every month. It must be all of the drugs I am on while committing every type of crime under the sun. That all must have messed with my head. I thought I was a decent person who spends time with her husband and child, keeping my house neat and orderly, working a full time job to pay my bills, and basically being a productive member of society.
I just want to thank you for opening my eyes and telling me what kind of person I am.
You also dont have to worry about me dealing drugs and doing all those other crimes anymore as evidently i've died off..

Old 01-17-2011, 08:34 AM

Quote:
You are one of the very few then. I am proud of you for being a good person and owning a home and not selling drugs. We need more like you.

I think you understand what i am trying to say, just drive around and notice how run down this area has become.

Old 01-17-2011, 08:36 AM

Quote:
And i did say anyplace, not every person.

Old 01-17-2011, 08:54 AM

1,899 posts, read 2,850,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASLS2 View Post
You are one of the very few then. I am proud of you for being a good person and owning a home and not selling drugs. We need more like you.

I think you understand what i am trying to say, just drive around and notice how run down this area has become.
I will admit that this past year, things started looking a little grim, but not enough to where I was afraid to let my young child play outside. I noticed that the yards started to go a bit in my neighborhood, but I think that was mostly because of the economy. I know my yard wasn't very nice looking this past summer. Since my husband has been unemployed for 2 years, it was hard to spend money on my yard. I didn't want to waste water on my yard, go buy flowers, or new bushes to replace the ones killed last winter. I know a lot of other people are in similar situations. I have also noticed that in the past couple of months, a lot of this is also starting to turn around. People are painting trim, and generally cleaning up (not a lot of yard work yet, still afraid of more freezes possibly coming). I live in a neighborhood that had quite a bit of foreclosures, but that doesn't mean we became infested with drug dealers. In fact, the one house I knew as the drug house now has a great family living in it. I have gotten to know my neighbors and really enjoy that.
So no, I don't understand what you are trying to say. When I drive around, I see the improvements that are being made. I see neighborhoods forming and becoming communities. I see the area becoming nicer than it was 5-10 years ago.
Also, you could have just stated that you believe the area has become run down in your other post without lumping all of us in with the minority of people who are possible drug dealers and other criminals. You can make your point much more effectively when you don't exaggerate. Especially when you exaggerate to the extent that you did.

Old 01-17-2011, 10:40 AM

Quote:
I will admit that this past year, things started looking a little grim, but not enough to where I was afraid to let my young child play outside. I noticed that the yards started to go a bit in my neighborhood, but I think that was mostly because of the economy. I know my yard wasn't very nice looking this past summer. Since my husband has been unemployed for 2 years, it was hard to spend money on my yard. I didn't want to waste water on my yard, go buy flowers, or new bushes to replace the ones killed last winter. I know a lot of other people are in similar situations. I have also noticed that in the past couple of months, a lot of this is also starting to turn around. People are painting trim, and generally cleaning up (not a lot of yard work yet, still afraid of more freezes possibly coming). I live in a neighborhood that had quite a bit of foreclosures, but that doesn't mean we became infested with drug dealers. In fact, the one house I knew as the drug house now has a great family living in it. I have gotten to know my neighbors and really enjoy that.
So no, I don't understand what you are trying to say. When I drive around, I see the improvements that are being made. I see neighborhoods forming and becoming communities. I see the area becoming nicer than it was 5-10 years ago.
Also, you could have just stated that you believe the area has become run down in your other post without lumping all of us in with the minority of people who are possible drug dealers and other criminals. You can make your point much more effectively when you don't exaggerate. Especially when you exaggerate to the extent that you did.
I have nothing to exaggerate about, this area is a dump, at least the area around my house. Not sure where you live, but around the Gulfview mall it's very bad with about half the homes in my hood that are empty and most the other homes are rented out to pretty rough people. Homes that were going for $120k+ in 05 can't even sell for 25k these days. Just do a crime check on line on the local hoods and it's full of crime reports.

Maybe your area is much nicer than the area i live.

Old 01-18-2011, 09:29 AM

494 posts, read 1,675,407 times
I live in Hernando Beach a bit north. I have friends in NPR and PR. It's different than the southern coastal areas, water a bit shallower until offshore. West of US 19 there are pockets of beautiful safe places with good neighbors and great water access. East or along US 19 it can get very rural and zoning can be weak. Plenty of shopping and if you like waterfront there are good deals. In some of the lower cost areas you can buy foreclosures for 30-50k that generate positive cashflow as rentals. Too much work for me to worry about.

Good luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay