Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2013, 02:39 PM

2,111 posts, read 7,932,148 times

Advertisements

I know this is an old thread, but I wanted some input on condos in an area. My Brother just purchased a condo in the Seven Springs Golf Villa area. He paid under $40,000 and it's furnished!!!! I did some checking and it seems to be a flood zone all over the place. His area and many around there have a flood zone of AE, which isn't the best especially since we lost my Dad's house at the Jersey shore from Sandy.
He plans to use the condo as a getaway from NJ, probably more in the winters. The taxes are great but the HOA fees are very high, $428/mo. That's a lot for a part time use of a condo. Maybe it's high because the fees help pay for the maintenance of the golf course which he does not play......LOL. Any feedback would be appreciated as I am looking also but I don't want to pay high HOA fees.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2013, 11:51 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,869,707 times
I bought in Sunnybrook. My condo fees are $216 a month and that includes water sewage and garbage. Depending on what you're looking for prices will vary between about 36 and 60 thousand dollars. About two-thirds of the complex is age-restricted 55 and up, and the rest is open. It has a great reserve fund, and with an onsite property manager is extremely well maintained. It has an Olympic size pool as well as Clubhouse with a lot of activities during Snowbird season.

It's partially gated now, and funding is in place to be totally gated this time next year.

Old 10-23-2013, 04:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
I bought in Sunnybrook. My condo fees are $216 a month and that includes water sewage and garbage. Depending on what you're looking for prices will vary between about 36 and 60 thousand dollars. About two-thirds of the complex is age-restricted 55 and up, and the rest is open. It has a great reserve fund, and with an onsite property manager is extremely well maintained. It has an Olympic size pool as well as Clubhouse with a lot of activities during Snowbird season.

It's partially gated now, and funding is in place to be totally gated this time next year.
They look real nice. I live in NJ so the traveling could be an issue. I read posts on here to stay far away from the 19 highway area. How close are you? I noticed a lot of areas are flood zones. What do you know about this?

Old 10-23-2013, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taurus430 View Post
They look real nice. I live in NJ so the traveling could be an issue. I read posts on here to stay far away from the 19 highway area. How close are you? I noticed a lot of areas are flood zones. What do you know about this?
We are a number of miles away from the highway 19 area. Perhaps three? There are flood zone maps you can get from FEMA I believe we are the B zone on if I'm not mistaken;I did look it up at the time when I bought.

If you look at the crime reports for the area virtually nothing that it's happened any where close to Sunnybrook.

There a lot of people from the New Jersey New York area in the development. One of my next door neighbors is from New Jersey.

As far as traveling is concerned, live in New Jersey would be almost an overnight drive compared to where I'm from. If you think Montana and go north 350 miles into Canada Alberta that's where I live. It takes me about four and a half days to drive, or I can take $350 6 hour plane ride.

Old 10-23-2013, 11:03 PM

Quote:
We are a number of miles away from the highway 19 area. Perhaps three? There are flood zone maps you can get from FEMA I believe we are the B zone on if I'm not mistaken;I did look it up at the time when I bought.

If you look at the crime reports for the area virtually nothing that it's happened any where close to Sunnybrook.

There a lot of people from the New Jersey New York area in the development. One of my next door neighbors is from New Jersey.

As far as traveling is concerned, live in New Jersey would be almost an overnight drive compared to where I'm from. If you think Montana and go north 350 miles into Canada Alberta that's where I live. It takes me about four and a half days to drive, or I can take $350 6 hour plane ride.
Are you ground level or second floor? Second floor means climbing stairs but you have no one above you for noise. Ground level might be a problem with water if it floods because every area I search seems to be in a flood zone. Having contact with some realtors, they aren't the most helpful and with Florida, you have to know what you're getting into as far as flooding, insurance, sink holes and Chinese wall board used there. How often do you go there and stay?

Old 10-24-2013, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Are you ground level or second floor? Second floor means climbing stairs but you have no one above you for noise. Ground level might be a problem with water if it floods because every area I search seems to be in a flood zone.
I'm on the second level. I wanted that for the quiet factor. Sunnybrook is in two different flood zones depending on where the unit is.

Quote:
contact with some realtors, they aren't the most helpful and with Florida, you have to know what you're getting into as far as flooding, insurance, sink holes and Chinese wall board used there. How often do you go there and stay?
No Chinese drywall... the development is about 25 years old. It is very well maintained which is one of the reasons I bought there. I paid cash for the unit and I'm not running any insurance other than liability. From my perspective cheaper for me over 10 years to self-insure should any disasters happen. The condo board covers the outside of the building, and I'm quite willing to do the work inside myself.

There have been no known sinkhole incidence in the area hat I'm aware of, & I did look for that.

I dealt with a realtor who has sold and list of many of the units in that complex. I normally would not recommend Realtors because I'm very skeptical of them, but this particular case I was quite pleased.

As a Canadian, I am only allowed to stay in the United States for 6 months of the time. I'm normally there from December through to May. If the new immigration bill passes through the house as presented in the Senate, I'll be allowed to stay at 8 months.

Old 10-24-2013, 03:39 PM

Quote:
I'm on the second level. I wanted that for the quiet factor. Sunnybrook is in two different flood zones depending on where the unit is.

No Chinese drywall... the development is about 25 years old. It is very well maintained which is one of the reasons I bought there. I paid cash for the unit and I'm not running any insurance other than liability. From my perspective cheaper for me over 10 years to self-insure should any disasters happen. The condo board covers the outside of the building, and I'm quite willing to do the work inside myself.

There have been no known sinkhole incidence in the area hat I'm aware of, & I did look for that.

I dealt with a realtor who has sold and list of many of the units in that complex. I normally would not recommend Realtors because I'm very skeptical of them, but this particular case I was quite pleased.

As a Canadian, I am only allowed to stay in the United States for 6 months of the time. I'm normally there from December through to May. If the new immigration bill passes through the house as presented in the Senate, I'll be allowed to stay at 8 months.
Thanks so much for your help. I'm not sure what I want to do yet, I'm waiting to see what it's like working out for my Brother who purchased at Seven Springs Golf Area. I didn't care for his location which is very close to Anclote River and his HOA fees of $428. The only other issue I see is all electric which my Dad had here at the Jersey Shore and of course we need heat in the winter but the bills were twice mine and my house is twice his. We lost that house from Hurricane Sandy last year. Again, thanks so much for your replies and if you like, you can let me know the realtor you used in a PM.

Old 10-24-2013, 08:53 PM

Quote:

I just checked all the condos for sale in Sunnybrook, about 13, and over half are short sales or foreclosures???

Old 10-24-2013, 09:50 PM

Quote:
I just checked all the condos for sale in Sunnybrook, about 13, and over half are short sales or foreclosures???
Really? I'm aware of one foreclosure for a 835 sq ft unit @ 34K but not any short sales.

You asked about power...I keep my unit at 82 when I'm gone and last month I paid 35.01 and around 55.00 the month before. Most I have paid while there is $75.

Old 10-25-2013, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Really? I'm aware of one foreclosure for a 835 sq ft unit @ 34K but not any short sales.

You asked about power...I keep my unit at 82 when I'm gone and last month I paid 35.01 and around 55.00 the month before. Most I have paid while there is $75.
That's pretty good and you're on the second floor which would be hotter with the roof above. I bet first level does even better!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay