Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 05:57 PM

3,636 posts, read 9,771,754 times

Advertisements

I was in St. Pete last night and yesterday, it was actually pretty decent there. Just watch out for the areas that are bad, I saw just a couple seedy streets by the Tropicana Stadium. Otherwise I would live there. NOT Tampa though, NO THANKS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by siesta51 View Post
I want to stay on the west coast, the St. Pete/Clearwater side.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2008, 12:50 PM

17,534 posts, read 39,131,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BacktoMA4good View Post
I was in St. Pete last night and yesterday, it was actually pretty decent there. Just watch out for the areas that are bad, I saw just a couple seedy streets by the Tropicana Stadium. Otherwise I would live there. NOT Tampa though, NO THANKS.
LOL - I was born and raised in Tampa and I don't want to live there either. Neither does my hubby, even though he has worked there for 13 years now. If I did have to live there for some reason, it would be South Tampa, South of Kennedy, no question about it.

Old 10-26-2008, 04:46 PM

2 posts, read 2,558 times
Default southbound

Hey Siesta 51,

I just read you're post about Largo and it seems as though we have a lot in common. I was going to e-mail you but I decided to go with this forum so I just got done jumping hoops just to contact you. I am also moving back to Florida and have some of the same concerns. What I do know for sure is that this is the last fall/wwwiiiiiiiinnnnnnttterrrr I am going to spend in the north.

I'd like to chat. I don't know how this works. Do you e-mail me or do I wait for posts. Either way, later.

Old 10-27-2008, 04:57 PM

13,768 posts, read 38,197,572 times
Kleevland.. are you looking to move to Largo?

If you have questions you can ask here.. The OP hasn't posted in a while, but we have lots of good folks who will try to help you.

Last edited by Keeper; 10-27-2008 at 05:05 PM.. Reason: added

Old 10-27-2008, 06:15 PM

6,103 posts, read 15,088,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisA70 View Post
So you are BacktoMA4Good! I saw that when gypsychic quoted you.
How have you been?
Are you glad to be back up North?
You're getting a lucky break this year, I've heard that heating oil has had a huge drop in price up there compared to what was expected.
Do you have family up there?
I'm glad you're keeping in touch.
How come you got a name change? Did you have to or did you just decide to do that?
Glad to hear from you.

Old 10-27-2008, 07:44 PM

3,636 posts, read 9,771,754 times
Yep it's me. Doing good up here. I got a job within 4 days of being here which is great for me. Heating oil has dropped a lot, thank God!!! It's been really nice up here, only a few nights below freezing, we have not yet turned on the heat, this house we rented has GREAT insulation!!!

My brothers, my father, my mother, step brother, mother in law all live up here. We are all within an hour drive of eachother now.

I did the name change to make my member name less negative sounding, or controversial. Not to mention if I were ever to go back to FL, I don't want the name of backtoma4good...LOL...

Well, I will see you on, have a great one!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big House View Post
So you are BacktoMA4Good! I saw that when gypsychic quoted you.
How have you been?
Are you glad to be back up North?
You're getting a lucky break this year, I've heard that heating oil has had a huge drop in price up there compared to what was expected.
Do you have family up there?
I'm glad you're keeping in touch.
How come you got a name change? Did you have to or did you just decide to do that?
Glad to hear from you.

Old 11-02-2008, 09:05 PM

2 posts, read 2,558 times
Default Southbound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
Kleevland.. are you looking to move to Largo?

If you have questions you can ask here.. The OP hasn't posted in a while, but we have lots of good folks who will try to help you.
Keeper Of The Peace. Wow! That sounds like a tough job.

Thanks for the information. Lately, life has been getting in the way of my re-location plans so I haven't been on the computer much.

Yes. I am interested in the Largo area. When I have more time I could get specific with questions. Any info would be great.

Keep On Keepen' The Peace,
Kleevland

Old 01-07-2009, 11:27 AM

12 posts, read 47,944 times
Hi, sorry it's taken me so long. Life has been happening....I just made my plane reservations to go down to Largo area in May to look around. I'll be moving this fall to Largo/St. Pete area. Yes, this is the last winter I'll be up here in sleet/snow.

Old 01-16-2009, 04:20 AM

12 posts, read 47,944 times
Temperature today at 6:00 am in Maine is -18 degrees.

Old 01-16-2009, 05:51 AM

6,103 posts, read 15,088,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by siesta51 View Post
Temperature today at 6:00 am in Maine is -18 degrees.
Our temperature right now is 12 degrees here. No problem though. I'm heading down tomorrow AM! Can't wait!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay