U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2012, 08:17 PM

1 posts, read 1,003 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sueinge View Post
I just moved to Pasco Co. and took my son to the dentist and she told me Pasco doesn't put fluoride in the drinking water here. They gave him fluoride tablets to take at nite but of course he doesn't like them. does anyone give their child these supplements? How big a deal is it to not have fluoride in the water?
YES, ITs a B.I.G. Deal, in Fact ITs GREAT News ...
Flouride has been tabbed this great thing for our teeth, body, but the FACTs are
The Exact Opposite ... heres one link and just concider the warning on tooth paste ???
The Truth About Fluoride! - It is POISON!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2012, 01:12 AM

34 posts, read 29,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by avb3 View Post
Please base your responses on settled science, not conspiracy theory websites and information. Peer reviewed, published and settled science, otherwise you are only talking rumors.

P.S. and that goes for the other responses who diss flouride.
The average loss in IQ was reported as a standardized weighted mean difference of 0.45, which would be approximately equivalent to seven IQ points for commonly used IQ scores with a standard deviation of 15.* Some studies suggested that even slightly increased fluoride exposure could be toxic to the brain. Thus, children in high-fluoride areas had significantly lower IQ scores than those who lived in low-fluoride areas. The children studied were up to 14 years of age, but the investigators speculate that any toxic effect on brain development may have happened earlier, and that the brain may not be fully capable of compensating for the toxicity.

“Fluoride seems to fit in with lead, mercury, and other poisons that cause chemical brain drain,” Grandjean says. “The effect of each toxicant may seem small, but the combined damage on a population scale can be serious, especially because the brain power of the next generation is crucial to all of us.”

Impact of Fluoride on Neurological Development in Children - July 25, 2012 -Features - News at HSPH - Harvard School of Public Health

Old 09-15-2012, 01:20 AM

34 posts, read 29,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanne0626 View Post
Here is a link from the ADA with current knowledge about all aspects of water fluoridation that has been scientifically validated through respected research. You will see that the research pointing to the benefits of fluoridation is far more scientifically valid (in that they are strong, peer reviewed studies) then the research that says it isn't.

I encourage people to question any source that knows for certain that something is right or wrong when it comes to science. This stuff evolves, it's not static, and people on both sides of the argument are quick to over simplify an extremely complex, nuanced issue such as this one.

http://www.ada.org/sections/professi...tion_facts.pdf
I'm just a premed student, but my view is that fluoride is something which can be both negative and positive. A little isn't that big of deal, but too much certainly is.

Old 09-15-2012, 09:12 AM

147 posts, read 270,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekka View Post
The average loss in IQ was reported as a standardized weighted mean difference of 0.45, which would be approximately equivalent to seven IQ points for commonly used IQ scores with a standard deviation of 15.* Some studies suggested that even slightly increased fluoride exposure could be toxic to the brain. Thus, children in high-fluoride areas had significantly lower IQ scores than those who lived in low-fluoride areas. The children studied were up to 14 years of age, but the investigators speculate that any toxic effect on brain development may have happened earlier, and that the brain may not be fully capable of compensating for the toxicity.

“Fluoride seems to fit in with lead, mercury, and other poisons that cause chemical brain drain,” Grandjean says. “The effect of each toxicant may seem small, but the combined damage on a population scale can be serious, especially because the brain power of the next generation is crucial to all of us.”

Impact of Fluoride on Neurological Development in Children - July 25, 2012 -Features - News at HSPH - Harvard School of Public Health
A thoughtful interpretation of this study is summarized here and worth reading:

Will Fluoridated Water Lower My Child

Old 01-13-2013, 02:05 AM

1 posts, read 861 times
Yes, Fluoride is horrible for developing brains and adult brains alike. It is a toxin. Pair fluoride with the vaccines (mercury and aluminum shot into the blood stream which also lowers IQ), the GMO food, and the poison sprayed in the air (shown to be barium, strotium, and aluminum particulates), and you have a receipe for about a 15-20% decrease in IQ, an increase in cancer, and lots of things like auot-immune disorders, ADHD, and Autism (1 in 15000 in 1980, 1 in 1500 in 1990, 1 in120 in 2000, and now a study out of England shows it is 1 in 66 as of 2012). So clearly, there is a problem with what is going into our bodies, please don't be naive, and please don't give your kid a toxic pill everyday... that's insane.

Old 01-14-2013, 10:29 AM

3,610 posts, read 946,270 times
Real science shows fluoride use has been beneficial.

Think about it.... dentists would benefit from more cavities, right? Instead, they support use of fluoride in water as a public health issue. They do not benefit in any way from that stance, but the science tells the real story.. not that conspiracy stuff some buy into

Old 02-13-2013, 03:30 AM

1 posts, read 799 times
Dentists make money off of veneers, too. Ever heard of dental fluorosis?

Old 02-13-2013, 08:13 PM

147 posts, read 270,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChannlSrfr View Post
Dentists make money off of veneers, too. Ever heard of dental fluorosis?
Perhaps you should ask your dentist how many veneer cases he had done on fluorosis patients if this is honestly something you think is remotely driving fluoridation.

Old 03-26-2013, 09:15 AM

72 posts, read 79,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanne0626 View Post
A thoughtful interpretation of this study is summarized here and worth reading:

Will Fluoridated Water Lower My Child
even the harvard study stated more studies needed to be done in the US...so if more studies should be done, why are we still putting it in the water...also, there was absolutely lowered IQ levels regardless of what that brosciencemom article said... and also, no studies were done on children 0-3... and if you search for fetus stuides..you'll find accumulation in the pineal gland on fetus in cities w/fluoride as opposed to non-fluoridated cities...there is accumulation... besides, its a well documented toxin that is being put in our water, and the water of our children to INGEST... its not a vitamin or supplement, its a toxin.. cities that have removed fluoride saw no drops in cavities...so why is a toxin being forced in our water??? and why don't these points raise any flags in your mind...you seem sheeplishly okay with toxins being added to our drinking water...pretty mind boggling...

The Great Culling: Our Water Official Full Movie - YouTube

Old 03-26-2013, 10:21 PM

686 posts, read 429,738 times
Do a search in this Tampa forum..someone was tasked to post studies proving the issues with Fluoride and he did that and more..much to read there.

Bottom line give me the choice to add Fluoride to my ingestion if I so want it..don't put it automatically in my water and charge me for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay