Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2006, 07:37 AM

4 posts, read 20,396 times

Advertisements

Which is better in terms of easier commute to Tampa, schools, nicer and better neighborhoods? Thanks...

Old 06-10-2006, 08:14 AM

24 posts, read 201,389 times
Neither! I live in New Tampa (yuck) and am a teacher in South Pasco Co. The traffic is the pits. Everyone takes 275 south. It's 2 lanes being converted to three, but should be 5 on each side. Bruce B Downs is the only other way to go south and its a bottle neck all the time. Too much constructin without proper planning. In LOL you can take Dlae Mabry or 41, but its not much better. I hate this area. Its plain and boring. I should never have moved from Carrolwood. If you are relocating you should check out Carrolwood, North Dale or towards Citrus Park. There is NO easy way to get around here. If you want to live in an area with flavor and don't mind an area being refurbished check out Tampa Heights or Seminole Heights. Once bad areas, but many people are buying the old houses, fixing up the neighborhoods and moving in. I'm moving out of here ASAP. I've been here my whole life and its out of control now. If I decide to stay I would seriously consider South Tampa (problem is it's $$$) or St. Pete.

Probably not the news you want to hear, but should know. Good Luck.

Old 06-10-2006, 08:15 AM

4,948 posts, read 18,694,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacher4Life
Which is better in terms of easier commute to Tampa, schools, nicer and better neighborhoods? Thanks...
both arears are right next to each other and have many schools being built.
Maybe wesley chapel has a few more, however it is only 10 miles between both places.

judy

Old 06-10-2006, 04:43 PM

24 posts, read 201,389 times
As far as schools in South Pasco ( Wesley Chapel, LOL, Oakstead, Trinity) There are now four middle schools that service the area- Long, Weightman, Pine View, and Seven Springs. They are all great schools and lead the district ( even high up in state) in FCAT scores .. ( Long will open next year) The ONLY problem with the schools in that area is they are over capacity. Way over. Two of the three were over double capacity. There will be one new middle schools to open 07-08 near Oakstead. There is 1 high school for south central Pasco- LOL High- A new high school is opening in Wesley Chapel ( Wiregrass) The problem is there are so many new people moving in here the schools can't keep up.

If you like an area with more land and mature trees- consider Lutz on the Hillsborough side.

p.s. I forgot to tell you traffic on SR 54 in Wesley Chapel is a HUGE mess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay