Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2011, 11:19 AM

670 posts, read 1,277,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastern Roamer View Post
Here in Tampa we love Miami - from a nice, safe distance. We like to go there for special events and short vacations, but not many people have big ambitions to relocate there.

The traffic is madness. Every time I've been in or drove through Miami I've seen no less than three fresh car wrecks - like an SUV on it's roof with the wheels still turning and the smell of rubber in the air, and people just dodging the mess at 90 mph. You have to drive very aggressively in Miami, but once your in South Beach it's good times.
Nice summation ER! Totally agree w YOU!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2011, 12:01 PM

5,453 posts, read 9,299,617 times
My brother lives in Miami since 1986, never complained about any of this stuff you guys talk about. I would live there if we didn't have kids.

Traffic never bothered me while we lived in SoFla, because at least it is MOVING! In Tampa 30 miles an hour rules!

I never cared about the races there, we don't live in the 1800's anymore however, "immigration there" is a US Border problem, and until the US does something about it, it will go on for eternity. You can't blame them when there is nothing to stop them from coming!

You forget you are talking about Latin population here, Latins are not "cold & reserved" by nature! On the contrary!

That is a beautiful part of FL, architecturally and otherwise, it is practically the way Florida used to look like, or should look like! Art Deco is what made FL unique....to bad it strayed from that.

Old 11-01-2011, 05:42 AM

1,388 posts, read 2,386,492 times
I prefer to view it from afar. The whole reason I moved to Tampa in the first place was to escape the insanity of a large, horribly overcrowded metropolis full of angry people.

Old 11-01-2011, 07:22 AM

17,534 posts, read 39,121,426 times
As a native Floridian, born in Tampa, I have visited Miami exactly twice, and have no desire to ever go back. The traffic is absolutely HORRIFIC, and I actually witnessed a knifing in broad daylight in the middle of bumper-to-bumper traffic. I am sure if one can afford South Beach or Coconut Grove, it might be a different story, but the city overall I personally hate it.

No thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay