U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2013, 12:20 AM

4,091 posts, read 5,682,051 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1306 View Post
Great, so then everything within 50 minutes of Spring Hill would be something that Spring Hill could claim which gives anyone living there an ever wider array of options.
I take it you haven't noticed that as far north as Spring Hill, as far south as Sun City Center, as far east as Lakeland, and as far west as Clearwater is all considered "Tampa." The other day I was in Orlando, and a girl at the mall told me she was moving "to Tampa" at the end of the month. I asked her what part, to which she responds, "Auburndale!"
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2013, 02:43 AM

8,488 posts, read 19,829,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAniacTHW View Post
I take it you haven't noticed that as far north as Spring Hill, as far south as Sun City Center, as far east as Lakeland, and as far west as Clearwater is all considered "Tampa." The other day I was in Orlando, and a girl at the mall told me she was moving "to Tampa" at the end of the month. I asked her what part, to which she responds, "Auburndale!"
Yes, I know that the Tampa Bay area does cover a large area. I made the comment because when someone was comparing Spring Hill to Palm Harbor, Oldsmar, Safety Harbor, Dunedin, etc. they listed Adventure Island as an attribute of Palm Harbor etc. and Buccaneer bay as an attribute of Spring Hill. We were discussing neighborhoods not metro areas. If places an hour away have become a neighborhood attribute then some neighborhoods just started offering a whole lot more.

Old 04-02-2013, 08:57 PM

4,091 posts, read 5,682,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1306 View Post
Yes, I know that the Tampa Bay area does cover a large area. I made the comment because when someone was comparing Spring Hill to Palm Harbor, Oldsmar, Safety Harbor, Dunedin, etc. they listed Adventure Island as an attribute of Palm Harbor etc. and Buccaneer bay as an attribute of Spring Hill. We were discussing neighborhoods not metro areas. If places an hour away have become a neighborhood attribute then some neighborhoods just started offering a whole lot more.
I was being quite facetious. I hate it when people call Brandon a part of Tampa. Much less the cities 2+ hours away.

Old 04-03-2013, 06:02 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,466,423 times
Quote:
I was being quite facetious. I hate it when people call Brandon a part of Tampa. Much less the cities 2+ hours away.
Many, including me, consider Brandon to be part of the Tampa Bay area.

Old 04-03-2013, 06:14 AM

8,488 posts, read 19,829,425 times
Quote:
It all depends what you are talking about. Spring Hill is part of the Tampa Bay area as is Brandon, while some people may give you the impression they are trying to say Brandon is part of the city of Tampa I am sure that most people are just stating it is part of the Tampa Bay area and may just shorten it to Tampa when talking about it.
The conversation that was being had earlier involved what amenities were available within the neighborhoods or local areas.
As far as someone that is moving to Auburndale stating they are moving to Tampa, they may not be aware of how far it is and who ever set up the move may have told them it was near Tampa. What city 2 hours away was someone telling you was Tampa?

Old 04-06-2013, 03:31 PM

19 posts, read 54,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HWTechGuy View Post
I've been here 5 months and have zero complaints. The concept that people who are happy in Spring Hill must have come from someplace worse is just ludicrous, as is the belief there is nothing to do here.

I actually came into this thread to post about the hilarity I witnessed the other day while watching a shoplifter get caught dead to rights at a store down in Holiday, but since this thread now appears to be about Spring Hill I don't see the point.

Same here. Been living in Spring Hill now for just over two years. Moved over from Seminole in Pinellas County. No complaints. Very quainte and peaceful here. Then again I couldn't care less for fishing or beaches
My old rental in Seminole over looked Seminole canal. Not once did I fish there.

Old 04-30-2013, 12:11 PM

1 posts, read 3,798 times
Hello duttygal86,
I was born here and I'm married with a daughter and 29! I can tell you these counties are dumps they dont take care of the road ways or run down building that have been empty for ever. Pasco has the 2nd highest homeless pop. in state. I live in holiday and homeless knock on our door asking for money you can leave nothing outside unless you dont want it. Theres hookers walking up n down the streets. I was in my back yard with my Daughter in a kiddie pool and three cars went racing down the street behind shooting guns!!!!! That was "great"!!!!! Jobs are no where and crap! Drugs are crazy here, when I was growing up I promise you I knew 5 people not taking some kind of drugs not pregnant two times by 18 or with Hep C from sharing needles!! NOW I KNOW alll of this is everywhere! I get it! BUT I have lived and been to other places short whiles! I lived in Port Charlotte/Sarasota for 6yrs.....very clean nice schools good people LESS crime AND BEAUTIFUL beaches. Jobs where hard though, we lost ours and owed 2xs on house then worth had to bankrupt thats why back in Pasco. But working hard every day to move! Spring hill has some nice to it its gone down hill a bit and has a huge sink hole problem. My cuz has a 144 ft in her back yard! What I like here....the beaches south of Pasco(no beach in Spring Hill), Orlando(Disney/parks), thats it! But if you need support of family then thats what you have to do. And if you say HI. schools bad you might like it here??!! Some people do! If you can ck out Maryland and Virgina they are doing really well for young fams and pay scale is way higher. Hamilton County IN. is fantastic!!! Atlanta can be great too but over populated. I hope I helped some?! Here are some sites you can use to research cities. This one select the state then city. [url]http://www.city-data.com/[/url] This one goes by over all....income, cost of living, jobs, family friendly, schools, etc. [url=http://money.cnn.com/magazines/moneymag/best-places/2012/top100/index.html]Best Places to Live 2012 - Top 100: 1-25[/url] just copy paste in search bar!

Old 04-30-2013, 05:26 PM

26,130 posts, read 17,127,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by becca1120 View Post
Hello duttygal86,
I was born here and I'm married with a daughter and 29! I can tell you these counties are dumps they dont take care of the road ways or run down building that have been empty for ever. Pasco has the 2nd highest homeless pop. in state. I live in holiday and homeless knock on our door asking for money you can leave nothing outside unless you dont want it. Theres hookers walking up n down the streets. I was in my back yard with my Daughter in a kiddie pool and three cars went racing down the street behind shooting guns!!!!! That was "great"!!!!! Jobs are no where and crap! Drugs are crazy here, when I was growing up I promise you I knew 5 people not taking some kind of drugs not pregnant two times by 18 or with Hep C from sharing needles!! NOW I KNOW alll of this is everywhere! I get it! BUT I have lived and been to other places short whiles! I lived in Port Charlotte/Sarasota for 6yrs.....very clean nice schools good people LESS crime AND BEAUTIFUL beaches. Jobs where hard though, we lost ours and owed 2xs on house then worth had to bankrupt thats why back in Pasco. But working hard every day to move! Spring hill has some nice to it its gone down hill a bit and has a huge sink hole problem. My cuz has a 144 ft in her back yard! What I like here....the beaches south of Pasco(no beach in Spring Hill), Orlando(Disney/parks), thats it! But if you need support of family then thats what you have to do. And if you say HI. schools bad you might like it here??!! Some people do! If you can ck out Maryland and Virgina they are doing really well for young fams and pay scale is way higher. Hamilton County IN. is fantastic!!! Atlanta can be great too but over populated. I hope I helped some?! Here are some sites you can use to research cities. This one select the state then city. http://www.city-data.com/ This one goes by over all....income, cost of living, jobs, family friendly, schools, etc. Best Places to Live 2012 - Top 100: 1-25 just copy paste in search bar!
At least someone here has some brains. This is the way it is from Hoilday to Hudson. Now there are a few nicer areas mixed in, but 85% of the rest around US19 is drugs and crime. Just found a case of beer in my backyard in Westport this last Sunday. At least the bums left me 8 beers.

Old 04-30-2013, 05:41 PM

329 posts, read 742,324 times
CHASLS2, didnt "leave 8 beers" just went to get some chips and slim-jims dont make me a bum...lol

Old 08-25-2013, 09:26 PM

10 posts, read 13,569 times
I have owned a home in Holiday for over a year. We checked out the area for over a year prior to buying. I have wonderful neighbors, love the optional civic association that cost $200 a year. There are also a lot of social events, if one is interested, at the association. The local beach is beautiful. We took our granddaughter there a couple of weeks ago and dolphins were swimming with us. There are lifeguards, a pavilion and parking is close. We also enjoy the walking trails. I have only been approached in my yard by people inviting us to church. We have kids walking up and down our street daily. There are still a lot of empty houses but have seen no druggies or prostitutes. Been watching the area continue to improve this year. Everyone has a right to their opinion. I usually don't write on these type forums but didn't see Holiday from my perspective. Holiday is a great place to live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay