Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2010, 05:48 PM

30,172 posts, read 20,894,173 times

Advertisements

Its a bad area full of red necks and drug dealers and plenty of crime. Just like all of west Pasco.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2010, 01:54 PM

130 posts, read 264,513 times
I would consider Hernando County! Its a great rural community and the schools are good. Look at Spring Hill!!!

Old 03-15-2010, 01:56 PM

130 posts, read 264,513 times
Default Look for employment first!

Quote:
Originally Posted by geos View Post
I'm considering moving to the Tampa area. According to website research Holiday looks tempting. Crime rate is low, house prices & rentals are very reasonable. Any comments on the area? I'm not looking for Disneyworld or anything spectacular, just peace & quiet and some outdoor activity like tennis, kayaking and swimming.

I would look at Spring Hill in Hernando County. Its about an hour north of Tampa, but its a great small and friendly community! Its safe and clean too! I would be more concerned about employment. Its really rough down here! Don't move down here without a job in hand!

Old 03-27-2013, 04:01 AM

2 posts, read 2,733 times
Default Holiday, FL

Looking at the date of the last posts, no one has seem to been in Holiday in the last couple of years. There are very many old neighborhoods which are currently being revamped. There are also a couple of new developements being built. Many businesses have moved into Holiday. The largest Toyota dealership on the west coast, nearly 50 acres, was recently built. A Marriott Hampton Inn and Suites was built. Many of the strip malls have or are currently being renovated. US 19 has been widened to 4 lanes and all of the sidewallks have been redone. US 19 is also currently being repaved. Many main roads have been repaved and improved. There are many parks in Holiday. The Anclote River Park across from Tarpon Springs is a large park with a beach and boats can be launched into the Gulf. There is a great view. This is also the Gulf Park which has a fishing pier and a dog park. Then there is Key Visata Park which has 50 acres of pristine forest with walking trails going down to the Gulf and an observation tower. The Holiday recreation center has dozens of playing fields. There are salt water canals on the east but mostly on the west side of US 19. The west side is where the new developements are. Not the most ritzy area but there are definitely areas to look at. Plus Pasco county taxes are about have of Pinellas county taxes.

Old 03-27-2013, 03:09 PM

27,206 posts, read 46,547,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ses71 View Post
Looking at the date of the last posts, no one has seem to been in Holiday in the last couple of years. There are very many old neighborhoods which are currently being revamped. There are also a couple of new developements being built. Many businesses have moved into Holiday. The largest Toyota dealership on the west coast, nearly 50 acres, was recently built. A Marriott Hampton Inn and Suites was built. Many of the strip malls have or are currently being renovated. US 19 has been widened to 4 lanes and all of the sidewallks have been redone. US 19 is also currently being repaved. Many main roads have been repaved and improved. There are many parks in Holiday. The Anclote River Park across from Tarpon Springs is a large park with a beach and boats can be launched into the Gulf. There is a great view. This is also the Gulf Park which has a fishing pier and a dog park. Then there is Key Visata Park which has 50 acres of pristine forest with walking trails going down to the Gulf and an observation tower. The Holiday recreation center has dozens of playing fields. There are salt water canals on the east but mostly on the west side of US 19. The west side is where the new developements are. Not the most ritzy area but there are definitely areas to look at. Plus Pasco county taxes are about have of Pinellas county taxes.
Nice post. Some people just start bashing the minute they see "Hliday or New Port Richey" coming up because they lost money in a down market.

I recently made a lot of money in a short time (close to one year) with buying and selling a property in that area after renting it out for the entire time.

Many investors have bought homes over there and so has the County to fix up some areas that were in need and some other areas are now in the process of being fixed up.

Sheriff Nocco and his team have cleaned up many areas and are still working on it and that is also making a difference....and just like every where else you have the better and worse areas but things can change fast when some rotten apples are gone.

Old 03-27-2013, 05:17 PM

30,172 posts, read 20,894,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Nice post. Some people just start bashing the minute they see "Hliday or New Port Richey" coming up because they lost money in a down market.

I recently made a lot of money in a short time (close to one year) with buying and selling a property in that area after renting it out for the entire time.

Many investors have bought homes over there and so has the County to fix up some areas that were in need and some other areas are now in the process of being fixed up.

Sheriff Nocco and his team have cleaned up many areas and are still working on it and that is also making a difference....and just like every where else you have the better and worse areas but things can change fast when some rotten apples are gone.
Then come try your luck in Westport.

Old 03-28-2013, 06:02 AM

4,091 posts, read 5,975,559 times
I will never understand the appeal of NPR, Holiday, or Spring Hill. Every time I bring up NPR to somebody, I hear, "Oh, it's being built up!" That's great... Tampa has offered everything NPR is now building for years. I also can't imagine the prices are more appealing. I'd rather live closer to what I want and need than having to drive a half hour plus. Spring Hill I've only been through once. That's all it took. It's a bunch of cookie cutter houses and strip malls. Oh, and one bowling alley. Sound exciting? Didn't think so.

Old 03-28-2013, 06:28 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,871,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAniacTHW View Post
I will never understand the appeal of NPR, Holiday, or Spring Hill. Every time I bring up NPR to somebody, I hear, "Oh, it's being built up!" That's great... Tampa has offered everything NPR is now building for years. I also can't imagine the prices are more appealing. I'd rather live closer to what I want and need than having to drive a half hour plus. Spring Hill I've only been through once. That's all it took. It's a bunch of cookie cutter houses and strip malls. Oh, and one bowling alley. Sound exciting? Didn't think so.
I too have followed the posts dissing NPR over the past year, and I wasn't even going to look there. A friend of mine who lives in the Bay area suggested I do, as there were parts that were actually quite nice.

Well, I am closing a condo today. In the 34653 area of NPR.

What great value! a 950 square foot 2/2 in a condo complex with excellent reserves and maintenance that is obvious and impressive. Pool, tennis court and club house. I got very lucky working with a realtor that he got a listing where the absenty owners needed a fast sale. Listed at $39K, I ended up getting it for $28K and am estimating 6-7K in renos and upgrades. A steal in anyone's book. Oh, and it came furnished, which means as a snowbird I can take my time either keeping what I need, or replacing it as I find what needs replacing or things more to my taste.

If I had listened to all the naysayers, I would never even have looked.

I am happy with my decision.

Old 03-28-2013, 06:51 AM

552 posts, read 716,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAniacTHW View Post
Wrong! We have TWO bowling alleys here buddy.

Old 03-28-2013, 06:52 AM

4,091 posts, read 5,975,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by avb3 View Post
I too have followed the posts dissing NPR over the past year, and I wasn't even going to look there. A friend of mine who lives in the Bay area suggested I do, as there were parts that were actually quite nice.

Well, I am closing a condo today. In the 34653 area of NPR.

What great value! a 950 square foot 2/2 in a condo complex with excellent reserves and maintenance that is obvious and impressive. Pool, tennis court and club house. I got very lucky working with a realtor that he got a listing where the absenty owners needed a fast sale. Listed at $39K, I ended up getting it for $28K and am estimating 6-7K in renos and upgrades. A steal in anyone's book. Oh, and it came furnished, which means as a snowbird I can take my time either keeping what I need, or replacing it as I find what needs replacing or things more to my taste.

If I had listened to all the naysayers, I would never even have looked.

I am happy with my decision.
So, let me get this straight: You're happy with a house you have yet to close on, have yet to live in, and have yet to experience the city itself?

Seems legit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay