U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 12:47 AM

442 posts, read 1,336,262 times

Advertisements

Palm Trees really DO make everything so much better.

I've lived in this ***MOD CUT*** my entire life, but every time I pass the coast line or a palm tree..I know that everything is going to be alllllllllright

Last edited by faithfulFrank; 12-09-2008 at 12:30 PM.. Reason: foul language not allowed, warning given
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2008, 04:18 PM

5,969 posts, read 7,727,867 times
Palm trees do not do anything for people that are making Florida's low-wages and can not afford to live.

Old 12-08-2008, 04:23 PM

26,590 posts, read 54,507,702 times
You keep harping on Florida's low wages. Not every is broke and making minimum wage. There are jobs here that actually pay a living wage--if you have a marketable skill and reasonable expectations.

Old 12-08-2008, 04:50 PM

122 posts, read 127,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
You keep harping on Florida's low wages. Not every is broke and making minimum wage. There are jobs here that actually pay a living wage--if you have a marketable skill and reasonable expectations.
What are you talking about???? Don't you know that everybody in Florida is DIRT POOR! Why, none of us have paid our rent in months! And we can't pay our utility bills because the temperature is known to stay right at 130 degrees in January! And we're all afraid to send our kids to school because Hispanic gangsters roam the hallways! And there are aggressive Haitians on every street corner asking for handouts! And my house was destroyed by SIXTEEN HURRICANES last year! And I have to sit in traffic for SIX HOURS just to get to the beach!

Hey, since most of the chronic Florida-bashers still apparently have yet to learn that I-75 and I-95 do indeed go the other direction (to such paradises on earth like Georgia, Tennessee, and North Carolina), might as well have some fun with them...

Old 12-08-2008, 04:52 PM

2,200 posts, read 3,786,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyMissAshley View Post
Palm Trees really DO make everything so much better.

I've lived in this ***MOD CUT*** my entire life, but every time I pass the coast line or a palm tree..I know that everything is going to be alllllllllright
Deciduous Trees >>> Palm Trees

Palm Trees are awful. The only thing good about them is that they are flexible in a hurricane, and they -usually- don't go flying into people's windows.

They aren't very green, containing just a few angry leaves at the top...and the bark is a haven for scorpions (at least, out here in AZ they are)

Last edited by faithfulFrank; 12-09-2008 at 12:31 PM..

Old 12-08-2008, 04:53 PM

442 posts, read 1,336,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam.g.harpool View Post

Hey, since most of the chronic Florida-bashers still apparently have yet to learn that I-75 and I-95 do indeed go the other direction (to such paradises on earth like Georgia, Tennessee, and North Carolina), might as well have some fun with them...
Tehehehe..Aaaaaamen!

Old 12-08-2008, 05:48 PM

436 posts, read 1,211,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam.g.harpool View Post
What are you talking about???? Don't you know that everybody in Florida is DIRT POOR! Why, none of us have paid our rent in months! And we can't pay our utility bills because the temperature is known to stay right at 130 degrees in January! And we're all afraid to send our kids to school because Hispanic gangsters roam the hallways! And there are aggressive Haitians on every street corner asking for handouts! And my house was destroyed by SIXTEEN HURRICANES last year! And I have to sit in traffic for SIX HOURS just to get to the beach!

Thank you, thank you, thank you. This is the best post I've read on here. You made my day!

Old 12-08-2008, 07:09 PM

158 posts, read 551,992 times
I moved to Florida in January of this year after a long deliberation on where to go. I'm still adjusting and I may not stay long, but the place is not that bad. I make a good wage, life is a little tough but only because I'm the only one working in a three person family. The area I live in (Palm Harbor) is nice, peaceful, close to everything, tranquil.. can't see a lot to complain of.

Old 12-08-2008, 08:57 PM

824 posts, read 2,540,568 times
I moved here from Cali about 15 years ago. It's a pretty nice place, quite affordable compared to Cali, and the weather rocks. I miss mountains the most- the "flatness" of Florida is depressing. I plan on retiring out west (AZ), so until then I just make the best of it. It's not bad at all here, really. I have a good career, make decent money, and I still can enjoy life. It all depends on where you live and how you live...I live within my means, so things are good.

Old 12-08-2008, 09:11 PM

5,139 posts, read 8,669,336 times
Smile Florida lifestyle and all

I've lived here in Florida since I was 11. Had no choice. The weather we had around Thanksgiving was so gorgeous, the beach so peaceful, it made everything seem much better.

Much of the people I know have lived below their means - I am the one struggling - but I pay for my mother (age 88) so that's an expense most don't have.

I really like it here and I know I'm on the Tampa forum but GO FINS!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay