Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2007, 05:03 AM

1,608 posts, read 9,744,632 times

Advertisements

When we first moved to Florida we went to Tampa. Everyone kept saying how nice it was. I didn't like it. I know that most larger cities have an area that's not so good. But to me most of Tampa seemed like a ghetto. I couldn't wait to get out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2007, 02:38 PM

17,533 posts, read 39,113,698 times
Tampa is a ghetto - I was born and raised there, and there is no neighborhood where I would live. We live in the charming town of Dade City, and in my neighborhood which is semi-rural, I do not lock my doors half the time. I even have valuable items and equipment sitting out in my yard, fully exposed, and they are never bothered.

Sorry, no candy or cookies - I make sure those are eaten as soon as they are purchased!

Old 03-03-2007, 03:48 PM

1,824 posts, read 8,377,342 times
20 years in Tampa and I have never been, personally seen or personally know of anyone that has been victim to a crime here..lucky? probably, you hear about it on the news daily..isnt it typical for a city of 360k, and a metro area of about 2 million?

Old 03-04-2007, 10:03 AM

48 posts, read 192,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridan34210 View Post
Where to you live where you don't lock your doors??
I don't lock my doors either. I guess that is probably pretty stupid, huh? I do live on an island in NJ...nobody lives here in the winter and in the summer it is sooooo busy someone would be afraid to come into my home since there is so much activity. There are a few towns around here that I know people don't lock their doors.

I think that is why I am trying to understand why the small towns in Florida have to lock their doors....I just couldn't understand why the crime was worse...but thanks to many of your posts I am starting to understand.

Old 03-15-2007, 01:10 PM

2 posts, read 49,707 times
I grew up in the Progress Village area. It was never a really nice area and MANY people would call it ghetto. Sure there were alot of drugs and gangs, but I remember never having my door locked at night. Tampa is a great place to live just because there is crime does not make it a bad place to live. There is crime everywhere. It is just because Tampa is a large city that you hear more of it.

Old 11-12-2018, 06:02 AM

3 posts, read 1,260 times
Every city has crime. Especially crime is more in poorer areas. You would not find any city without crime.

Old 11-14-2018, 11:05 AM

318 posts, read 609,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evajack786 View Post
Every city has crime. Especially crime is more in poorer areas. You would not find any city without crime.

Um, you do realize that this thread is from 11 years ago?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay