Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2011, 02:21 PM

670 posts, read 1,277,823 times

Advertisements

Riverview is an EXCELLENT place to raise children. Riverview is full of families doing just that! We have very low crime, beautiful neighborhoods (for the most part) and good schools. I would not have moved here were that not the case! Dont listen to people that say it blows, because that is THEIR opinion, they may not have children or the ability to appreciate a place like this. I guarantee you'd like it much better than Venice! And so would the kids with the abundance of things to do in the area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaijulz View Post
Is Riverview a good place to raise kids? I currently live in venice and it is nothing but old retired people and although the crime is very low, this place really sucks! lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2011, 10:44 PM

1,342 posts, read 2,067,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NALEXAND View Post
Riverview is an EXCELLENT place to raise children. Riverview is full of families doing just that! We have very low crime, beautiful neighborhoods (for the most part) and good schools. I would not have moved here were that not the case! Dont listen to people that say it blows, because that is THEIR opinion, they may not have children or the ability to appreciate a place like this. I guarantee you'd like it much better than Venice! And so would the kids with the abundance of things to do in the area.
They do have a high school I am aware of. For kids Id say its good at hs age. They arent extremely far from Tampa, and seems like more people live there than some places. For someone 30 yrs old and single though, for sure not the greatest place to be.

Old 02-22-2011, 11:03 PM

1,404 posts, read 5,700,078 times
It is def. Villages of Bloomingdale and you do not want to live there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarinsMom View Post
Hey All -

As part of my therapy to survive the winter months in MA - I always scan real estate in FL. Makes me feel warm and fuzzy when the temps outside are bone chilling.

Anyhoo - I'm searching condos on ziprealty.com and I put in my criteria:

3bed/2bath - up to $120k built between 2000 and 2008 and all these condos in Riverview FL come up for under $80k.

Can this be too good to be true? Is this a tough crime area? These condos are very beautiful - granted, they abutt 75, but even for the short money, it would be worth it.

The streets in question are Amberdale Court, Skydale Way, Newdale Way - etc.

Someone tell me I'm dreaming.

Thanks!

Old 11-10-2012, 06:09 PM

3 posts, read 6,076 times
Home watching in FL is my winter time therapy as well. There's no catch -- it's the economy.

Old 11-10-2012, 06:11 PM

3 posts, read 6,076 times
Texas is not appealing in any shape or form.. no thank you.

Old 02-10-2013, 05:01 PM

1 posts, read 1,912 times
The only reason that house is so high in taxes is because it is in "Fishhawk Ranch" I use to live on Skylarkcrest Dr. Its an amazing Community with A+ rated schools. I really miss living there! Florida is a great place to live although I can no longer afford Fishhawk.

Old 05-20-2016, 02:42 AM

1 posts, read 668 times
Well let me set the record straight on the Villages of Blooming Hell in Riverview Florida my bad Bloomingdale . I lived here when they laid the 1st brick, I was a Renter my rent was $1300 a month section 8 covered $700 of that, I believe to have been the 1st & only section 8 tenant at that time because clearly you could tell the rest were owners, however, this was when they only had the front portion done. Baby when they finished building the "Middle & Back" portion that's when the economy dropped & owners also didn't realize the hood was less than 5 min away. So they quickly realized they built some top of the line Condos 2 seconds around the corner from the hood, Now I read a few of the reviews, who ever that is lying up there talking bout "its not a bad place to stay" sh_t!! That's a lie!! Ask him where he lives @ now. Them owners new they lived close to the hood, started trying to sell they Condos, No one was buying them, now 90% of them are rented out to Section 8 tenants, Drugs, Theft & Break ins are a Regular. Now I'm clearly not stereo typing hell I was a Section 8 tenant But! I wasn't ghetto as Hell either. All you have to do is call Riverview Police Give Villages of Bloomingdale name & ask for a 90 day police crime report for that area & Babyyyyy wait for them to handle yo ass a Stack of papers. The Owners are selling them dirt cheap because their scared  to come to their own property and fix things or ask for their delayed Rent Lol this place is a joke
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay