U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2011, 08:59 PM

1,236 posts, read 4,036,068 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karamia36 View Post
I foresee people switching to Verizon in droves come Friday if Bright House doesn't keep these channels...

Chances are I'll be one of them. With a toddler in the house, there is no way I'm going to keep paying for BH cable if we don't get NOGGIN or Nick Jr.

Interestingly enough, I just checked Verizon's website and at first glance it appears as though their bundles are cheaper than BH.
That is why we switched. I have been very happy with Verizon. Now they don't require a contract. I do miss Bay News 9 though. There is nothing comparable on Verizon. I think we also get a few more kids shows on Verizon, that BH did not offer, so my kids say. The picture clarity is better too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2011, 07:07 AM

1,899 posts, read 2,429,696 times
I couldn't imagine losing Nick. My daughter loves it.

I switched to Verizon quite a while ago. I think it has been 3 years now. I love it so much more than Brighthouse and I cut about $80 per month off my bills for better service. I have heard people complain about the customer service, but I have only had to use it once and I had no problems with it.

I also like they way they group the channels on Verizon. It makes so much more sense than they way they had it on Brighthouse.

I do agree though about Bay News 9. That was my news station. I really miss that. But to save $80 per month, I can go online and check out Bay News 9 there.

Old 01-03-2011, 07:37 AM

3,378 posts, read 7,867,707 times
Scratch Cable/Satellite TV altogether. It takes some getting used to, but I have an old laptop hooked up directly to my TV. A wireless remote with a track ball and a wireless keyboard and I can pretty much watch what I want, on demand for little more than my cable internet bill.

Old 01-03-2011, 08:17 AM

463 posts, read 909,969 times
I dumped my cable this june and haven't looked back. The way they do packages is simple BS. In order to get one channel i like, i need to order another 100 that i never watch (TV shops anyone?). I got Netflix for movies/shows, Hulu for shows. ESPN has ESPN3 online for all the sports and from what i hear HBO is moving to streaming as well. I rather pay subscription to the content creator for streaming access and have channels only i want, than pay for big bundle and watch only 10% of them.
I hope content providers (viacom) included will move to such business model instead of creating all these blackouts and pissing off their customers.

Old 01-03-2011, 02:51 PM

269 posts, read 535,990 times
Dont you see that this thread is two years old?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay