U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 06:35 PM

47 posts, read 143,481 times

Advertisements

I am planning to move to Florida soon. Is there anyone who believes Florida will be under water within the next 10 years, because of Global Warming?? Maybe I have just been watching to much of the History Channel?? Need help with this! Thanks!!

Old 01-11-2009, 08:32 PM

8,488 posts, read 17,870,378 times
Well with sea ice at the same levels as 1979 this year while the rate of increase from September onward this year is the fastest rate of change on record, either upwards or downwards. My guess would be no, Florida will not be under water.

Even if the sea ice did melt at the rate global warming alarmists claim it may, the rise over 10 years would be 1.22 inches.

Old 01-12-2009, 04:23 AM

2 posts, read 6,143 times
It's time to wake up and realize what is really going on! There is no "global warming!" This is all a hoax created partially to justify the upcoming massive carbon taxes that a select few elitists (e.g., Al Gore, etal) want to impose in order to gain absurd financial wealth and power.... Do some research and you will be shocked when you begin to realize what's really going on (not only with this "global warming" nonsense, but also the "financial meltdown", etc)...Click on the links below (or copy and paste them into your browser if the links don't work) to read some articles on the topics and think for yourselves:

1.) [URL]http://www.infowars.com/articles/science/global_warming_weather_channel_founder_warming_is_ greatest_scam.htm[/URL] Weather Channel Founder: Global Warming;Greatest Scam in History'

2.) [URL]http://www.infowars.com/?p=6009[/URL] Alex Jones' Infowars.com

3.) [URL]http://www.infowars.com/articles/science/global_warming_majority_of_scientists_do_not_suppo rt_man_made_warming.htm[/URL] Definitive Proof: Majority Of Scientists Do Not Support Man Made Warming Theory

4.) [URL]http://www.asianews.it/index.php?l=en&art=13759&geo=4&theme=6&size=A[/URL] ASIA‚€“ UNITED STATES Obama, world crisis and the new world order - Asia News

Last edited by BiggBear19; 01-12-2009 at 04:35 AM..

Old 01-12-2009, 07:08 AM

25,756 posts, read 38,930,491 times
I agree with all people who are saying there isn't global warming...!

It is just to make people like Al Gore more wealthy!

There is enough proof but most scientist aren't that wealthy as Al Gore and others, who wants us to believe the opposite!

Old 01-12-2009, 07:15 AM

15,091 posts, read 30,951,789 times
LOL - I agree - no "global warming"! But the bright side of folks believing it is that we are becoming more conscious of what we do to our beautiful planet and becoming more environmentally responsible.

Old 01-12-2009, 07:34 AM

13,495 posts, read 33,986,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
LOL - I agree - no "global warming"! But the bright side of folks believing it is that we are becoming more conscious of what we do to our beautiful planet and becoming more environmentally responsible.
OMG Gypsy, my sentiments exactly. They've eased up on the "global warming" phrase now because it just doesn't exist. They've now changed it to "climate change". Their old arguments like, "All the scientists finally agree on this....." or "Just because it isn't happening out your back door...." just aren't working anymore.

I'm no expert by any means, but have always had a fascination with weather and spend a lot of time on the "Weather forum". One of the theories is that some winds will actually cool the northern hemisphere down and that's why most of our country has been cooler then average. That claim states that the southern hemisphere will see the brunt of the warming. But that doesn't explain why Australia and New Zealand are well below average.

Anyway, just wanted to make it unanimous so far in saying that Fla. will probably not be underwater because of global warming. Not in our lifetime anyway.

Old 01-12-2009, 07:39 AM

557 posts, read 1,628,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Luckyman 58 View Post
I am planning to move to Florida soon. Is there anyone who believes Florida will be under water within the next 10 years, because of Global Warming?? Maybe I have just been watching to much of the History Channel?? Need help with this! Thanks!!
No I don't believe Florida will be under water. But it will be overcrowded, crime infested, expensive, and even more of a cesspool than it is now imho.

The USDA Plant hardiness zone keeps showing the US getting warmer and warmer. Trees and plants that couldn't survive in more Northern Climates can now be easily grown there due to the milder climates caused by global warming.

I know someone will say GW isn't true because it is cold up North or a cold front hit in the south. Global warming isn't going to change Ohio into Florida overnight. It is a gradual warming of the climate. Although I don't think it will cause any major issues like some doomsdayers would like us to believe.

just my 2 cents

Old 01-12-2009, 08:25 AM

8,488 posts, read 17,870,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakeland Yankee View Post
No I don't believe Florida will be under water. But it will be overcrowded, crime infested, expensive, and even more of a cesspool than it is now imho.

Not overcrowded, crime infested or expensive where I am.

The USDA Plant hardiness zone keeps showing the US getting warmer and warmer. Trees and plants that couldn't survive in more Northern Climates can now be easily grown there due to the milder climates caused by global warming.

I know someone will say GW isn't true because it is cold up North or a cold front hit in the south. Global warming isn't going to change Ohio into Florida overnight. It is a gradual warming of the climate. Although I don't think it will cause any major issues like some doomsdayers would like us to believe.

just my 2 cents

I say it isn't true because there are too many studies that show it isn't. As I stated in my first post in this thread, sea ice levels increased at the highest rate on record this year. That doesn't happen from just one cold snap.
filler

Old 01-12-2009, 09:08 AM

557 posts, read 1,628,573 times
Mike, I say it is true but not to the extent that others make it out to be. It'll just slowly get warmer and warmer as it has already done as evidenced by the expanded growing zones.

Old 01-12-2009, 09:15 AM

265 posts, read 856,202 times
Nostradamus says we'll all die in 2012 anyway. No need to worry about global warming.. I say "Live it Up'"..take out an interest only loan and move to a home well outside your financial means. LOL...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay