U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you have a problem if they designated a SECTION of Ft Desoto to clothing optional sunbathing?
Male - No Problem at all, and I would visit! 107 43.15%
Male - No Problem at all, I would not visit 31 12.50%
Male - there should be no nudity on Pinellas Beaches 25 10.08%
Male - Other 1 0.40%
Female - No Problem at all, and I would visit! 31 12.50%
Female - No Problem at all, I would not visit 27 10.89%
Female - there should be no nudity on Pinellas Beaches 22 8.87%
Female - Other 4 1.61%
Voters: 248. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2009, 04:18 PM

3,981 posts, read 9,414,775 times

Advertisements

actually, its a county park

if you want to see a nude beach on a state park, i think there is one at NASA

and as far as county parks go, Haulover is one, and its a great beach.

Old 01-14-2009, 05:46 PM

888 posts, read 1,340,397 times
You are the "crazy for babes dude" but are they crazy for you?

I'm not sure there would be many "babes" on a nudist beach with all the buck naked "crazy for babes" dudes walking around.

I'd bet it would turn into a "sausage fest" like most of the bars and clubs around here.

Old 01-14-2009, 06:56 PM

3,924 posts, read 10,292,874 times
IIRC, Lido Key used to be clothing optional. It doesn't bother me, but I'm not baring my hoo haa. Heck, I close my eyes when I take a shower.

Old 01-14-2009, 07:25 PM

557 posts, read 1,630,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-R-B View Post
I'm not sure there would be many "babes" on a nudist beach with all the buck naked "crazy for babes" dudes walking around.

I'd bet it would turn into a "sausage fest" like most of the bars and clubs around here.
Yeah, the thought of all the 300lb Bubbas and 95 year old retirees running around nude makes me want a stingray to gouge out my eyeballs so I would never have to witness such a thing.

Clothing is a very much needed thing down here in Florida. This is not Southern Cali.

In all seriousness Fort De Soto is a county park that should remain FAMILY friendly. I would never want it to become some sort of nude pervert hangout. I like it just the way it is (safe, beautiful, relaxing, CLOTHED).

just my 2 cents.

Old 01-14-2009, 07:26 PM

3,981 posts, read 9,414,775 times
for those of you that dont like the idea of it on a public beach, can you name one beach in the bay area you would approve of?

and we are in better shape than alot of other areas

http://www.mensfitness.com/lifestyle/216

http://www.mensfitness.com/lifestyle/217

Old 01-15-2009, 02:03 PM

154 posts, read 478,801 times
Would you have a problem if they designated a SECTION of Ft Desoto to clothing optional sunbathing?
Male - No Problem at all, and I would visit!
Male - No Problem at all, I would not visit
Male - there should be no nudity on Pinellas Beaches
Male - Other
Female - No Problem at all, and I would visit!
Female - No Problem at all, I would not visit
Female - there should be no nudity on Pinellas Beaches
Female - Other

I think that the questions ask are somehow flawed: The "positive" answer regards Ft. Desoto only whereas the "negative" answer is about all Pinellas beaches. Many people seem to feel that nudist beaches would be OK but not at Ft. Desoto, but there is no real answer for that (apart from "other").

Old 01-15-2009, 03:10 PM

13,773 posts, read 33,834,780 times
There use to be a portion of Honeymoon island where folks would bare it all. I don't know if it is still allowed there.

I have to agree there are plenty of nudist places you can go to if that is your thing, but from what I have been told by ppl who have been to them, you probably are not going to find a lot of 'hot' chicks or hunks there.

Old 02-23-2009, 08:49 AM

1 posts, read 10,419 times
Default Nude Beaches

I have done some looking on the internet. I found that Haulover Beach somewhere near Miami is the only legal beach that is nude. I know that there are signs posted that keep them seperate from the beach where bathing suits are worn. Now that park is a County Park. So it seems like that is fine down there. They have also said that the money coming from parking there which brings in revenue for the county shows to be greater than 65% from the Nudist community. As far as seeing other people and they type of body that they have? I don't think that is why they go out there in the first place. I know there are people that just want to see and others that enjoy the feeling of not having cloths on but being, "Old", "Ugly", "Fat", "Skinny", or whatever is up to that person. If they are out there, then great. I am glad they feel comfortable in their own skin, praise to them. I could care less if I see them or not. Again I don't think most people go out there to see others or be seen by others. I think it is solely for themselves. Me being self consience of my body, I would like to try it once to see if I lay down the fear of being seen in just my skin. Truthfully it may help me in my outlook on myself.

The other beach I found is not a legal beach but the local government allows the nudist population to put up signs marking off a far section of the beach. Which again is cool. Maybe they can put the section of Ft. Desoto in the back section or somewhere where one can be warned first. This beach that I found is over at the Canaveral National Seashore, this beach is a National Park. I know it isn't legal but it seems like it has been around alot. There are two sections of the beach that is nude, one coming from Volusia and once coming from the south from NASA.

From those Two beaches in the State of Florida that is all they have. California has quite a few beaches that are deemed Nude. I would think that one on the west coast of Florida would be fine. Being a Nudist Capital??? I don't quite understand the similarities between being nude for yourself and the connection some make to the strip clubs and such swingers things. I may head to Haulover or the one at NASA just to try it out.

My Vote is Yes for a Beach in the Tampa Area... Don't care if it is Ft. Desoto or not but at least one in the area. Aren't most Beaches county or State owned anyways. If it was Private it would be at a Homesite. But then again is it private?

Old 02-23-2009, 09:27 AM

140 posts, read 483,899 times
95 year olds running around naked

I'll visit "Blacks" beach in La Jolla instead!

Old 02-23-2009, 11:09 AM

27,798 posts, read 26,114,119 times
Don't give 'em DeSoto - give them one of the other beaches on the Gulf Coast like Apollo Beach or something.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or