U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you have a problem if they designated a SECTION of Ft Desoto to clothing optional sunbathing?
Male - No Problem at all, and I would visit! 107 43.15%
Male - No Problem at all, I would not visit 31 12.50%
Male - there should be no nudity on Pinellas Beaches 25 10.08%
Male - Other 1 0.40%
Female - No Problem at all, and I would visit! 31 12.50%
Female - No Problem at all, I would not visit 27 10.89%
Female - there should be no nudity on Pinellas Beaches 22 8.87%
Female - Other 4 1.61%
Voters: 248. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 03:56 PM

Location: I will be escaping Suck City and landing in Tampa in December
346 posts, read 808,964 times

Advertisements

I would rather it be some sort of Private Club where it can be more of like a spa type place. I don't mind topless (I'm a guy-yeehaw!) but full nudity on a beach, with booze...seems like a recipe for trouble to me.

Old 07-19-2009, 05:55 AM

648 posts, read 1,491,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalblue View Post
maybe we have establishments because people want them.

just cause you dont like something, doesnt mean the rest of us dont

and as far as it being on a public beach, correct me if im wrong,. but arent all beaches in the state public? (unless owned by the govt)

I was thinking - if the "people" really wanted it, we would have more of them. I just don't think that enough "people" want it. I guess they figure that there are enough strip bars that why go and get your "stuff" burnt in the sun.

However, I also think that if these places are secluded and clearly marked - where people who don't want to see all the old balls then why not? But They aren't going to put it in Ft Desoto where there are so many people that want clothes on. You would have to have a MAJOR demand to have that. There isn't anyway to saclude that so you wouuld have to do quite a bit of reorganization. So Maybe something up north a bit of Clearwater but nothing from there down to St. Pete.

That is just what I see..

Old 07-20-2009, 08:24 PM

15 posts, read 41,447 times
Such an arrangement should only be on a private beach. By definition, large swaths of the public would have to avoid a publically-funded and -maintained beach. One thing I like about Pinellas is that its more family-oriented than Miami Beach, where exhibitionism is common.

Old 07-20-2009, 08:42 PM

3,981 posts, read 9,414,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NameAlreadyInUse View Post
Such an arrangement should only be on a private beach. By definition, large swaths of the public would have to avoid a publically-funded and -maintained beach. One thing I like about Pinellas is that its more family-oriented than Miami Beach, where exhibitionism is common.
seems more like a negative to me.

and why does everything in this country have to be "family friendly"?

Old 07-20-2009, 10:58 PM

Quote:
seems more like a negative to me.

and why does everything in this country have to be "family friendly"?
Well, there are a lot of families in this country and it was based on the Christan standards. However, be happy for the nudist beaches we do have and there little colonies. But because of the amount of tourists that we get over here, there is no way they are going to put one here. I even asked around to folks around here who said they would go to if it weren't mostly old naked men.
Then again even if they did put one, how many would actually go? Maybe if you had to pay to get on the beach and therefore they were making money of this. Might be a different story then.

Old 07-21-2009, 03:54 AM

131 posts, read 358,286 times
Last I checked, bathing suits didn't cover up all that much anyway, for either sex. I really don't understand American's "shameful" view of the nude human body, but then again I traveled all over the world, and in some parts you stick out as a tourist almost wearing too much. Fort Desoto is huge and rather out of the way for many people, so I don't think it would be a problem to have a nude section on that beach.

There are a few beaches on that little island too, so it wouldn't be hard to segregate.

Old 07-21-2009, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbogdan81 View Post
Well, there are a lot of families in this country and it was based on the Christan standards. However, be happy for the nudist beaches we do have and there little colonies. But because of the amount of tourists that we get over here, there is no way they are going to put one here. I even asked around to folks around here who said they would go to if it weren't mostly old naked men.
Then again even if they did put one, how many would actually go? Maybe if you had to pay to get on the beach and therefore they were making money of this. Might be a different story then.
It would draw in more European tourist.

and the one in Miami seems to be doing pretty good.

Old 07-21-2009, 01:32 PM

Quote:
It would draw in more European tourist.

and the one in Miami seems to be doing pretty good.
Then let's just leave them in Miami...

Old 07-21-2009, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbogdan81 View Post
Then let's just leave them in Miami...
nah.

why should they get all the fun?

Old 07-21-2009, 02:20 PM

2,912 posts, read 3,309,200 times
Ever been to a nude beach?.............
Let me tell you, 98% of the people there will make you look the other way. The other 2% are OK, but its not like swimsuit models are running around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or