U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-25-2009, 04:35 PM

2 posts, read 4,058 times

Advertisements

I am a single mom with a 3 year old relocating (after a year away) to Tampa for work at USF. I was living in Hyde Park last year, but now I am thinking it might be nicer for my son and I to live in a place like Hunter's Green, with hiking trails, a playground, a pool, etc. (basically a built-in community which hopefully will keep us from feeling too isolated).

But the school I'd like to have my son in is in Seminole Heights, and many of the people I know live in S. Tampa or in Seminole Heights.

So, can you recommend a place to live that's not too far from Seminole Heights or S. Tampa, but that still might have the community-like atmosphere of a place in New Tampa?

This is to rent, by the way.
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2009, 12:51 PM

25 posts, read 81,931 times
Sorry I don't have an answer for you as we're looking to relocate to the Tampa Bay area ourselves, but I'm just wondering why you're avoiding New Tampa? Isn't New Tampa a nice area?

Old 03-05-2009, 12:26 PM

2 posts, read 4,058 times
It's nice, but the traffic between New Tampa and the campus can be knarly. Also, I just wanted to avoid living in post-suburbia if I could help it. But now I think I'm going to NT

Old 03-05-2009, 12:30 PM

13,556 posts, read 22,797,213 times
How about Temple Terrace or CountryWay?

Post link not copyrighted material

Old 03-08-2009, 12:28 PM

1,131 posts, read 2,492,647 times
You are confusing me. You mentioned you don't want New Tampa area, but are looking at Hunters Green in New Tampa? I don't know about the rentals in Hunters Green, but here in Tampa Palms, there are some rental apartments (Compton Dr) that is walking distance to a playground and the YMCA is across the street. They also have a pool. There are some low income housing in there too. It is a quick drive to I-75 and if you take the back roads (Compton Dr) you don't have any traffic getting to I-75.

Old 03-08-2009, 10:50 PM

1 posts, read 1,879 times
Hey there!

We are currtenly renting in the Diamond hill community and we LOVE IT! It has everything you are looking for and we highly recomend it! Diamond Hill is located in Valrico, FL and is a gold course community. You should check it out and see if it is not to far from where you will be working. Good luck!

Old 03-11-2009, 08:39 AM

1,367 posts, read 3,582,472 times
Diamond Hill is a housing community on a golf course. The OP was asking for apartment communities. As far as I know, I have only seen a few houses for rent in Diamond Hill. Most of the owners live there rather then rent it out.

Old 03-07-2010, 12:00 PM

58 posts, read 112,098 times
allegro palm apartments and condominiums in riverview. 10 minutes to town and south tampa. very kid friendly, play ground, very nice complex and nice area.

Old 03-08-2010, 10:31 AM

93 posts, read 149,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tovala View Post
I was living in Hyde Park last year, but now I am thinking it might be nicer for my son and I to live in a place like Hunter's Green...

But the school I'd like to have my son in is in Seminole Heights
These are some of the stranger statements I've seen on this forum.
Really?
You lived in hyde park and decided it would be better to move to new tampa???
And you want to send your kid to seminole heights for school?

Not trying to criticize....I understand you have your reasons (commute, firends, etc). But it just struck me as funny.

We have a 3 year old and I work at USF. We recently moved from New Tampa, which was horrible for all of us, to Palma Ceia. We thought about seminole heights but quickly nixed it due to schools. Couldn't be happier with out current situation.

Good luck with your decision.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay