Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2011, 02:38 AM

6 posts, read 48,882 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HughMcs View Post
We have visited the area looking at different spots to buy a second home. Is there any mechanism for someone to get copy of an HOA deed restriction for a particular home off the internet? We have been researching several homes on the internet. This would save us (and the real estate agent) a lot of time when we return to the area to look at some homes only to find out that the restrictions are too onerous.
Yes. Go to Hillsborough County Clerk's office website and you can do an online search using keywords. Usually the subdivision name will come up with it but you will have to work at it to find 'modification' docs. That's how I find them. Just typing the subdivision name you'll find loads of interesting stuff, liens, mortgage deeds, etc.

I start by using google and entering 'hillsborough county' and you'll see the clerk's link show up. Click on that and then 'online search'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2012, 04:09 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,427,246 times
Tragic outcome to an issue that when all is said and done involves HOA.

Apollo Beach man shot dead after threatening neighbor, cops say | TBO.com

Old 10-19-2012, 07:09 PM

5,687 posts, read 7,181,006 times
Very tragic, BucFan. I was shocked to turn on the news last night and there was the reporter standing in front of the Southshore Falls entrance. It has been interesting to read some of the threads on the local news forums regarding the whole situation. People seem to be pretty evenly divided on this issue. I look forward to the State Attorney's investigation of the matter. The vic seems to have spiraled out of control after his wife left him and became the neighbor from hell, at least according to some members of the HOA. And then there were members of the HOA who were trying to help him because he had mental issues. Really, really sad.

Old 10-20-2012, 06:39 AM

35,690 posts, read 21,045,148 times
I would NEVER live with an HOA- but I also see where they make these nices houses but for you to ride bicycles,,, everytime I visit my grands I must park all crooked to not be on sidewalk, grass , their 2 car parking area and street... crappy building thinking to me. and yes the kids will grow n get cars- then what?? controlled thinking,,, when you get to the teens,, they want you out! I am dreading Thanksgiving or Chritsmas family weekly get together,,, JIKES!!!

Old 12-20-2014, 09:04 AM

1 posts, read 1,355 times
My neighbor parked on the grass between sidewalk and the street next to a fire hydrant , the grass area is on the corner of my property which i maintain and this year put down new sod his vehicle left depressions , tire tracks showing where he parked . He told me it was county easement and he could park there any time ???

Old 12-20-2014, 07:35 PM

3,826 posts, read 5,804,900 times
Is it is fact county easement? If you maintain it without being yours - well, it's a different story. If he is parking on YOUR property, I would contact HOA (I assume you have one) to clarify the rules regarding parking.
It looks like you already voiced your concern, next thing I would do is call towing company.
By the way keep records of this parking (pictures with dates) and go to small claim court next time you will need grass and sprikles repairs and replacement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay